What's new

Adjustment to Player Caps for Golden Plains Battle

jerrod

Since Halcyona has turned into an instance, the pirate faction has been adjusted to allow for 5 less people, meanwhile east/west are allotted the usual 100 people per instance. Adjusting the amount of players allowed on the pirate faction would allow this instance to be more fairly balanced, even promoting more 3-way fights in prime-time queues.

612px-Creating_Bugs_Bunny's__No_.jpg

Right now pirates already have the highest geared group on the server. Allowing more of them in to bully noobies is a bad idea. If they want more, they can go back and make a guild on their original faction. Pirate is SUPPOSED to be a punishment.

Right now pirates already have the highest geared group on the server. Allowing more of them in to bully noobies is a bad idea. If they want more, they can go back and make a guild on their original faction. Pirate is SUPPOSED to be a punishment.

I mean, we're aware of the 'punishment' that is pirate.

However barring people from joining an event because of a server cap is just outright annoying, also given the fact that Pirates have people trolling and taking slots in the raid. Doesn't need to be an increase to 50 players, just an additional 10-15.

the current issue is that players are intentionally using the 20 players restriction to grief others and is blatantly being exploited by other players to lower the amount of pirates in the instance. As it currently stands, there are usually 15-18 players per halcy, the rest being alts to steal spots from active players. The current restrictions of 20 pirates were installed when the activity on halcy was low. As the server grows it doesn't make sense that the restrictions previously installed don't get changed, or at least increased to counter players exploiting the player limit system.

Are there lowbie alts that just afk in the respawn still? If so, i agree that needs to be addressed. Or are you just referring to other pirates from different guilds? But under no circumstances should that cap be increased. Address the trolling issue, sure, increase cap, no.

Are there lowbie alts that just afk in the respawn still? If so, i agree that needs to be addressed. Or are you just referring to other pirates from different guilds? But under no circumstances should that cap be increased. Address the trolling issue, sure, increase cap, no.

He's refering to ppl on mainland making alts and standing on arena for the sole purpose of taking spots + giving calls to the other raids. This is specially worring now that more than ever ppl need awakening scrolls. Ofc halcy is known as a FxF PVP event where the strongest and most consistent factions wins, but its getting to a point where ppl are missing rewards just cause of this 20 player cap. Everyone should have the opportunity to get the rewards, which btw are a big thing.

Right now pirates already have the highest geared group on the server.

At some point you will have to stop using this as an excuse since hiram makes it much easier to close the gear gap. For how long will you guys remain "noobies"? The gear gap has already been closed a significant amount and at this point the disparity is due to either skill or leadership or both.

The cap should be increased because not only do we have people flipping alts pirate and randoms either afk'ing or feeding kills but I believe that we shouldn't be punished for playing well and being organized. If a whole faction with a 60-70 man raid can't beat a 18-20 man raid then I don't know what to tell you. I just don't think we should be punished or anything for how we play the game. Please increase the cap back to 25-30. :)

so you're saying you already winning with 18-20 man raid vs 60-70 but you want the 20cap to be increased right?

cap staying at 20 till another patch when this "gear gap" is closed, cya in 7.5

• Haha
Reactions: Ade
so you're saying you already winning with 18-20 man raid vs 60-70 but you want the 20cap to be increased right?

cap staying at 20 till another patch when this "gear gap" is closed, cya in 7.5
We win occasionally when our comp is good but we definitely don't always win. I do want the cap increased though. You don't have to worry about people taking up slots in your raids and you dislike us so of course you will say no. We have to deal with people who want to grief us and take up 5% of our raid.

Just the other day one of the core westies admitted to taking up a slot with an alt in shout chat and was proud of it because they assumed we were putting alts in their raid when that makes no sense at all. Why would we have someone go on an alt when we need every person in guild to even possibly fight in halcy? The "gear gap" is a lot closer than you think too, lmao. We only have like 12 people in the top 100. I'm not even up there. I'm only like 12.6k gs which is pretty average. West core gs and pirate gs are pretty similar.

We win occasionally when our comp is good but we definitely don't always win. I do want the cap increased though. You don't have to worry about people taking up slots in your raids and you dislike us so of course you will say no. We have to deal with people who want to grief us and take up 5% of our raid.

Just the other day one of the core westies admitted to taking up a slot with an alt in shout chat and was proud of it because they assumed we were putting alts in their raid when that makes no sense at all. Why would we have someone go on an alt when we need every person in guild to even possibly fight in halcy? The "gear gap" is a lot closer than you think too, lmao. We only have like 12 people in the top 100. I'm not even up there. I'm only like 12.6k gs which is pretty average. West core gs and pirate gs are pretty similar.
what do you mean you are worrying about max 4 people taking spots from your 20, while east and west have to deal with 20+ afk in spawn and another 20 running around doesnt know what they doing, and you dont have a relic to worry about as well or base to defend, its good this way no need to increase numbers for pirates yet

Pirates just won night halc today lol. 2nd June. 🤔
17 people won halc, vs 50+ west (not taking into consideration the afks like Ayman said and the same on east), and whatever amount of east.

You don't have to worry about people taking up slots in your raids

Nope, we just worry about too many inactives in main raid so our main people get pushed to co-raid 🤣 but ye every faction has about same % of afks in raid, sadly there's no way to get rid of that cuz we suggested that in another thread ;-;

I could say a lot about this topic but i really dont feel like arguing back and forth. Pirates win halcy often by using easy tactics vs a predictable East and West to get ez kills. That is not the pirates fault or problem. When we have been successful on West we have 15-18 ppl in coms and give simple directions for raid to follow. We too have issues with ppl trolling with raid lead or not willing to pass it. This dosnt seem like a big deal but when half of your functional raid does not speak/read english well or allows you to mark targets it can be frustrating.

We all have issues on west,east, and pirate with Halcy but i agree that players should not be left out of rewards. Who cares if they have 5 more ppl if they win with 5 more or 5 less it dosnt matter. It just seems punitive at this point to not raise the cap. So lets raise the cap

Last edited:
At some point you will have to stop using this as an excuse since hiram makes it much easier to close the gear gap. For how long will you guys remain "noobies"? The gear gap has already been closed a significant amount and at this point the disparity is due to either skill or leadership or both.

The cap should be increased because not only do we have people flipping alts pirate and randoms either afk'ing or feeding kills but I believe that we shouldn't be punished for playing well and being organized. If a whole faction with a 60-70 man raid can't beat a 18-20 man raid then I don't know what to tell you. I just don't think we should be punished or anything for how we play the game. Please increase the cap back to 25-30. :)

This makes you sound Elitist af btw and you both low key brag about beating 60-70 people (which is true at times) but then ask for an increased cap (which i agree with). So if i make a video of 12-15 brave boys shitting on a 40-50 man raid will this give me validation from you for playing well or organized? I assume not because with that attitude anyone not a Pirate is trash.

We all know who can pvp so stop acting like Pirates are the only one's that can. Then in the next breath ask for more people to win harder? Your focus should be on players missing out on rewards in place of low key bragging

Increase the Pirate cap in Halcy!

what do you mean you are worrying about max 4 people taking spots from your 20

Four people out of 20 can make or break a raid. It's really a simple concept. I'm sorry you have to deal with 20+ afk's though. The afk arena timer really should be increased for this instance. Go upvote that in the other thread.

I still think people shouldn't be punished for playing the game. Increase the cap for pirates, please.

Nope, we just worry about too many inactives in main raid so our main people get pushed to co-raid 🤣 but ye every faction has about same % of afks in raid, sadly there's no way to get rid of that cuz we suggested that in another thread ;-;

Hopefully all our cries won't fall on deaf ears! I really hope they'll increase the timer on afk's in halcy.

We all know who can pvp so stop acting like Pirates are the only one's that can.

A little unsure of how to respond to this. Are you wanting validation from me? Seeing as how you are one of the few west that try to learn and improve, I didn't think I needed to go out of my way to pat you on the back. I also don't recall saying that anyone not pirate is trash and can't pvp so don't put words in my mouth. Thank you. :)

I only brought up being organized and playing well as a reason because when the cap was decreased to 20, it was partly due to halcy being "unfair"? At least that's what I heard. Forgive me if I'm mistaken. You are correct though! Players should not miss out on rewards. Increase the cap for pirates.

Four people out of 20 can make or break a raid. It's really a simple concept. I'm sorry you have to deal with 20+ afk's though. The afk arena timer really should be increased for this instance. Go upvote that in the other thread.

I still think people shouldn't be punished for playing the game. Increase the cap for pirates, please.

Hopefully all our cries won't fall on deaf ears! I really hope they'll increase the timer on afk's in halcy.

A little unsure of how to respond to this. Are you wanting validation from me? Seeing as how you are one of the few west that try to learn and improve, I didn't think I needed to go out of my way to pat you on the back. I also don't recall saying that anyone not pirate is trash and can't pvp so don't put words in my mouth. Thank you. :)

I only brought up being organized and playing well as a reason because when the cap was decreased to 20, it was partly due to halcy being "unfair"? At least that's what I heard. Forgive me if I'm mistaken. You are correct though! Players should not miss out on rewards. Increase the cap for pirates.
You have misunderstood my intent. What you wrote appeared to be a low key flex/brag when saying 18 v 60-70 and you win. I will show you my intent

You said i am one of the west that try to learn and improve implying that others dont. This is an assumption and players learn at different paces. This also came off as elitist. This is was seen by many as calling people "bad" "trash" ect...

I improve to challenge myself to do better not to shame/call out others that have not yet learned how. Yea West has some different skill levels but i am not going to hate on em for it. I only trash talk skilled people if i am being honest, either to be random/ironic or shake em up a bit to get a reaction. But i leave that in game/discord not forums.

You are correct West and East dont always have leadership or skilled players online to lead pvp/content but when we do i believe we have some really fun fights.

Have you ever tried leading a raid, pug or otherwise? You are lucky to have effective leadership that is super active so be glad that it is not your job. Many have talk about leading while riding on the success of others, dont fall victim to this.

As to me seeking your validation or pat on the back. Again i was writing in the manner that you were when writing that line "If 12-15 brave boys shitting on a 40-50"
I was being ironic when i wrote that because i dont seek validation or a pat on the back... Keep it
-No one from PN2 has ever given inheritance to my relevance or ability 10,000 hours (Youtube reference) has qualified me for my arrogance. I am the greatest of all time and i will keep saying it till we both believe it. Check my videography ;) <== If you take the last 3 sentences seriously then i give up on you

Lastly my post was giving you advice no cap. You cant write that shit and then ask for more slots???? I agreed with the post that more slots would be better so players could have fun and not miss out on rewards. You should have just stuck with my advice and left out the "extra" would have been more effective 100% When sending a message keep it direct. What did west leadership, ability, or beating 60-70 people have to do with getting you more slots for halcy?

Last edited:
He's refering to ppl on mainland making alts and standing on arena for the sole purpose of taking spots + giving calls to the other raids. This is specially worring now that more than ever ppl need awakening scrolls. Ofc halcy is known as a FxF PVP event where the strongest and most consistent factions wins, but its getting to a point where ppl are missing rewards just cause of this 20 player cap. Everyone should have the opportunity to get the rewards, which btw are a big thing.

People already do this in the reset, cr/gr raids. Don't think anything really can be done about it.

It makes it harder for those new players who are trying to gear up when the west and / or pirates constantly attacks the reset raids. Especially considering people don't always have the time to do cr/gr because "insert real life reasons here" or there are not enough high gs people on to fight off an attack.

Back