Hidden weapon passives

Change the Passives?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Violet

I would like to bring awareness to the imbalance of the hidden weapon passive system.

Historically there has been very little “actual” good choices for weapons as they have all had terrible, or not viable weapon passives. Currently there’s 3 weapons that are really viable for melee, and that is Longspear/Nodachi/Greatsword and Shortspear/Katana/Sword. The rest are absolutely garbage due to their hidden passives being too bad to compete with the rest. Even with that, the longspear is the 100% best in slot choice for almost any melee

A longspear has a 10k def proc on a 10 second cooldown, while a nodachi has a guaranteed crit with a 30 second cooldown. Shortspear is a 30 second cooldown with Katana being a 45 second cooldown. Sword and great sword are both 15 seconds so there’s no issue there. But Dagger and axe/great axe are both on huge 45 second timers that makes those weapons basically obsolete as a melee choice. Scepters, clubs, and bows all have garbage passives that make it not even worth mentioning.

All I’m asking for is a balance of the internal cooldowns so we don’t see everyone just running around with a longspear. Changing all the passives to be on 10 second cooldowns to bring them more in line with a longspear, and making any 1h weapon a 15 second cooldown I feel would be the easiest way to bring more viability to these weapons without breaking everything.

TLDR

Make every 2h weapons hidden passive a 10 second cooldown.

Make every 1h weapons hidden passive a 15 second cooldown.

Change for scepters/bows/clubs.
Maybe making scepters have a 5k def pen proc, clubs have a guaranteed healing crit, and bow having shield def pen.

I disagree.
Historically there has been very little “actual” good choices for weapons as they have all had terrible, or not viable weapon passives. Currently there’s 3 weapons that are really viable for melee, and that is Longspear/Nodachi/Greatsword and Shortspear/Katana/Sword.

You say there is only 3 viable melee choices when you actually list 6 ??
Then you complain that axes / daggers are a bad weapon choice because of their passive. In my opinion that is wrong, they are bad choices as melee's absolutely don't need the attack speed proc from a dagger, neither are their obsidian related passives any good for melees.
Changing the internal cooldown does nothing but help Archers/Mages get a proc when miraculously one of their shadowplay abilities actually hit and don't 'miss'.

All I’m asking for is a balance of the internal cooldowns so we don’t see everyone just running around with a longspear.

I don't see everyone run around with a longspear ? Almost all of the geared darkrunners run a t7 nodachi or greatsword. What you are asking for is a buff to the weapons of these people, who already run around 2 shotting people with a skill not evadeable, and weaving in another that almost always backstabs and won't be evaded either.

If you want to 'balance' things, then don't buff things to equal level as longspears, and instead nerf them all down to 45s.
This game DOESN'T NEED MORE damage, it needs less.

7c520375225510eb9cf4f5c563d33a3b.png

Shield Defense Penetration or Rate will do nothing to archers. Their damage on shield users is fine, the issue is the stupid high evasion/parry/block-rate people run around with.
People are melting if you shoot them as an archer and they have their back turned towards you. And anyone facing you quite literally just tanks most of your attacks.

Magic attacks cannot be evaded as far as I'm aware of, scepters need no damage buff.

Last edited:
I disagree.

You say there is only 3 viagble melee choices when you actually list 6 ??
Then you complain that axes / daggers are a bad weapon choice because of their passive. In my opinion that is wrong, they are bad choices as melee's absolutely don't need the attack speed proc from a dagger, neither are their obsidian related passives any good for melees.

I consider Katana/Nodachi, Greatsword/Sword, Shortspear/Longspear all as one as they have the exact same passive. My fault for not explaining that correctly. As for daggers and axe, the lifesteal isn’t long enough to be relevant. However you are not correct about melees not needing attack speed. As you know, attack speed affects gcds of insta cast skills. More attack speed means faster gcds. If melees didn’t need attack speed, you wouldn’t see them running thwart or gemming full attack speed in bow/flute/underwear/helmet.

I don't see everyone run around with a longspear ? Almost all of the geared darkrunners run a t7 nodachi or greatsword. What you are asking for is a buff to the weapons of these people, who already run around 2 shotting people with a skill not evadeable, and weaving in another that almost always backstabs and won't be evaded either.

The only reason why that’s the case is because the obsidian variant of a longspear is terrible for melee. The only way to increase your damage from a Legendary Ayanad is either Mythic, Erenor, or a legendary t7. If the obsidian variant of a longspear was good for melee, you would see them run that over Nodachi/Greatsword.

If you want to 'balance' things, then don't buff things to equal level as longspears, and instead nerf them all down to 45s.
This game DOESN'T NEED MORE damage, it needs less.

While I can agree overall less damage is better, I do not agree to making everything 45s, because then hidden passives are basically irrelevant as 45 seconds is far too long for it to make an impact in a fight. The goal of this is flexibility in weapon choice, and customization. I believe you are over estimating how much more damage these hidden passives will do if changed.

Shield Defense Penetration or Rate will do nothing to archers. Their damage on shield users is fine, the issue is the stupid high evasion/parry/block-rate people run around with.
People are melting if you shoot them as an archer and they have their back turned towards you. And anyone facing you quite literally just tanks most of your attacks.

Magic attacks cannot be evaded as far as I'm aware of, scepters need no damage buff.

Thank you for clarifying, if you have any other suggestions for ranged please do post them.

As for scepters, it doesn’t have to be magic pen, but the cast time is pretty useless and unreliable.

Back