What's new

Hiram Drop rate poll closed, some thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriem

@Sparkle @Sjinderson Well in less than 24 hours a poll (15hrs 20min and 336 views) that I posted at 1:20 am East Coast NA time for a Hiram Drop increase was closed. So the majority of the time the Poll was up most people were sleeping or at work. I accept your answer although I feel you could have given it some more thought in my opinion. I was working and was not in a position to respond to some of your statements so I am doing so now.

@Sjinderson I just gave some valid reasons why the drop should be increased. I never said by what % or that the gear should be achieved in days or weeks like you stated. I never once said it should be boosted on that level only that it should be boosted. That was you're assumption of what I intended by an increase not what I stated, I left the % of the increase in your hands. I gave some examples of Live forums for this patch in 2016 . If you put serious thought into my thread I hope you read player comments about drop rate back then and how the community felt about it.

I don't need this gear now but the way you speak about working toward Hiram in progression seems more suited for players in my position in the 10-11k range. We have the time and gear to slowly work toward this but I am speaking about attracting a player base. The small group of us here are staying and want others to come play this game! So how do we bring in new/returning players? I say make it more fun/better than live to people that enjoyed AA or maybe wanted to try it.

You sited stats of 20+ Hiram pieces per hour and said some was without a 60% loot buffs. I mean that is great! Maybe I just had bad RNG. Wait... maybe the 2016 forums and all of it's players had bad RNG too? This was not a mind blowing discovery, this is a known drawback of Hiram. @Sjinderson you even asked me if I was killing the right mobs???? If you read anything I wrote and the examples I gave you would have concluded I am a veteran player that a half a clue on the topic I was lobbying. Instead you say no one else had that result (which I can accept this) and maybe I was not farming the right mobs? My thread was titled "SHOULD THE HIRAM DROP RATE OFF ABYSSAL MOBS BE INCREASED" The last statement could be seen as sarcastic or a poke at my intellect. I do know what mobs to farm and where they spawn.

This is my second 11k toon and I played on live from 3.0-5.5. I know the Hiram system and if you read my initial forum thread on this topic it should be very apparent that I know what I am doing/talking about. I have done all this before and saw what it did to the live servers. My friends have complained about AAU drop rates and being short on labor. I think that a 7day poll that was 16-0 in less than 24 hours in favor of an increase should have maybe been given a bit more consideration because from where I stand it seems the door was shut right as it was opened.
@Sparkle @Sjinderson Serious question here: Have you ever tried gearing using Hiram? I mean really devoted time to feeding gear to Awakened T2 or greater? I seriously doubt you would feel this way if you had

@Sjinderson Yes grinding Hiram is a choice and there are other gear paths to choose. My point was for a new/returning player (not all will get starter packs ex; some returning players) Hiram gear is the best gear out there to progress. I mean yes crafted is a good choice now but if history repeats Hiram will surpass it at T2. So logically these new/returning players will devote time to the gear that will be worth progressing/investing into. I mean GHA, Halsa and Soul forged gear are options or at least "were" options but I doubt people will progress that gear but it is a choice right? I am not trying to argue but players will seek given there means the best gear they can obtain. All I am saying is why can we not give this player base of new/returning players a boost? I am not saying they achieve it in days/weeks but better to make this version of Hiram better than live in 2016 and AAU.

I ask you to have a person that works with your team try leveling a toon choosing the Hiram gear path @Sjinderson (which a staggering majority of all players new/old will do) I know there are other choices but in this test have it be a employee that might mirror your target players you are trying to attract to this server. Which would be someone brand new "playing" the game or a player that did play but stopped. This may be hard to do but the point is you will keep the "die hard loyal players and veterans" we need to attract new people or people that loved AA but hated what the Hiram grind did to the game. Any veteran player could power through starting over again by spending money and grinding because most of us have done this a few times. Will the new/returning players feel like there are several gear choices? Will they feel like the grinding is worth staying if they hated it on live or AAU? Will they feel like they will never close the "gear gap" that has been a thing in AA forever? I can not say for sure but if history repeats I guess the new/returning player will feel like this is not fun or never give AR a try.

I know you feel the Hiram gear is not a "catch up mechanic" but from what we all can google search Trion thought it would fix things. It was to combat P2W complaints from F2P players at the at the time to level the playing field and help players compete (site 2015-2016 AA forums). By the time we closed in on 6.0 most players were in Hiram or Eranor gear period. Yes the gear path one chooses is a choice but in 4.0 people had GHA, Halsa , and Soul Forged gear as choices too and how many you think went Obsidian or Ayanad? New/returning players have choices but very few make sense if they want to compete in PvP.

So the drop rates will stay the same? The answer was yes they will stay the same. So the low player population and ability to attract new/returning players will stay the same? The answer is yes because myself and many others have traveled this path knowing wear it leads. I was trying to be helpful and give you the knowledge of the mistakes I noticed in 2016. I guess a few people went off topic(I never saw the posts) but several others voiced there concerns/idea's on this topic that we believed to be relevant. I wonder how many votes the poll I posted would have received if allowed to go the 7 days? We can only guess now but would it have been an overwhelming majority? This has been the standard established for most(not all) polls in the past for a change to be considered.

I never once saw a response that seemed to consider any of the valid points made.
Instead It was addressed with "tested and proven to be bad RNG". The several hours of testing with buffs/no buffs all took place within the limited time frame that the Hiram drop Rate increase Poll existed(15hrs 20min)? I posted at 1:20 am EST so how many hours passed before you guys got to work? I am not saying you didn't test this but how conclusive could it have been in comparison to the year we played 4.5-5.5 on live and the forums that we complained about this on? Instead the question if the "correct" mobs were being farmed when I clearly have an clue about Hiram and have fed/tiered several pieces and stated this. The mob tag "Abyssal legion" is the mob and in my thread @Sjinderson titled "SHOULD THE HIRAM DROP RATE OFF ABYSSAL MOBS BE INCREASED" I mean it was in the title man! I question if you even read anything I sited if I am given responses like that last one. I want the server population to rise and I want lots of new/returning players to come back! I love this game and don't want it to die. Those of us that donate and log everyday have noticed how low server population is even with this new patch release. We players have invested/shared interest to see the server be the best it can be. Ball is in your court and I hope you fully read everything I have posted. Thank you for your time and consideration

Last edited:
I wrote a whole page of issues with monetization and how it could be more effective and profitable for them by taking into consideration the economy, the community spending habits or those who don't/can't swipe, and the needs of the community. It was locked within 2 hours.

We wrote 17 pages of concerns of 4.5 in 2 months, very few changes or custom content was added.

So this really doesn't surprise me. I question what the goal of this server was besides just getting money and not actually trying to nurture a community who loved Archeage but didn't want to support Trion and also to have better circumstances than swiping $500 a week and farming for 2 years to have gear competent to actually be able to participate in other parts of the game. One of the benefits of being a private server starting a couple patches back would be custom changes such as our trade system and what not, but we're also starting to hit drawbacks of not having really good content, quality of life systems, or being stagnated on gearing progression systems that would really help a good portion of the private server player base by rolling out sooner than later instead of throwing them into T5 obsidian and then expecting them to have 12 pieces of gear in their bank for 9-12 months before they can actually wear it. We know it's coming, and if you're not going to change much in these patches, can we get ourselves to greener pastures sooner? I feel we're getting stuck in limbo here. We're not a perma 3.0 server, and we're not even halfway between them towards live servers, and at this rate of XLGames upping their dev efforts again, I don't think we'll ever catch up while ArcheAge is widely relevant and interesting to the general gaming public. Advertise all you want, but I think most people would rather pay a small amount of money as a new player and deal with Trion/Gamigo at this point. A support pack, free Patron isn't enough to entice or sustain this server's morale anymore.

Last edited:
From a long time ago, we already knew that the devs didn't want to deviate much from aa except for some qol futures. No matter what suggestions are made, they will cherry pick according to what they want( which is minimal changes like farms set to family and guild) and wouldn't really bother to debate about it. Most of the post/s are just sjinder/sparkle stating facts that doesn't really contribute to the topic itself. The only times when they react quickly is when there's an outcry from the community about certain things being gamebreaking (endless arrow) and the rest are pushed aside until they can sort of sense if something needs a change like sport fishing and we all know how long that took.

I just hope they realise that the population is slipping away and make consistent changes for the better before the entire server bleeds out.

From a long time ago, we already knew that the devs didn't want to deviate much from aa except for some qol futures. No matter what suggestions are made, they will cherry pick according to what they want( which is minimal changes like farms set to family and guild) and wouldn't really bother to debate about it. Most of the post/s are just sjinder/sparkle stating facts that doesn't really contribute to the topic itself. The only times when they react quickly is when there's an outcry from the community about certain things being gamebreaking (endless arrow) and the rest are pushed aside until they can sort of sense if something needs a change like sport fishing and we all know how long that took.

I just hope they realise that the population is slipping away and make consistent changes for the better before the entire server bleeds out.
If they're not going to deviate, we need to be caught up sooner.

Now to be fair I full loot buff and farmed DS in wartime for 1hr and did get 22 drops. Now it is still my belief that the drop rate needs to be increased because new/returning players will not be 11kGS and will still be doing a lot of grinding. @Sjinderson you're tests were accurate to my last hour farming mobs, guess I had just had terrible RNG the last few times.

You are asking about increasing drop rates, but forgetting that we already have them increased and you get x2 rates from all drops.​
Checked the statistics right now and what we have right now: a few thousands of Hiram items already available in game and a few dozens are already improved to Hiram T1 Celestial. And that is in 3 days only.​
And again, we speak here about the current version, so mentioning Awakened T2 or greater right now to prove that current drop rates should be increased makes no sense as we simply don't have such items in the current game version.​
As reply to this question has already been provided multiple times, thread is closed.​

Now to be fair I full loot buff and farmed DS in wartime for 1hr and did get 22 drops. Now it is still my belief that the drop rate needs to be increased because new/returning players will not be 11kGS and will still be doing a lot of grinding. @Sjinderson you're tests were accurate to my last hour farming mobs, guess I had just had terrible RNG the last few times.
I've reached numbers double that at other areas only using basic arrow to damage mobs. I didn't need to be 11k gs for that and wasn't actively killing at spawn rate.
Simply it is all just luck of the draw on whether you'll get a piece or not.
I've had enough drops to of replaced half my parts with celestial Hiram in less than half a days total time. I didn't need to do that as I have no need for hiram gear or any other type of gear. If I can manage to create mulltiple celestial with minimum 2 class desirable stat with only a bow and basic arrow; a skill everyone has. Any new player can do it as well if they choose to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back