What's new

Honor Socketing Changes Poll

Which Changes would you like to see regarding Honor Point Shop?

• Honor Gems should have socketing chances in first half stages increased.

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Honor Gems should have 100% socketing chance for the first 2 Slots.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Honor Gems should have 100% socketing chance for the first 3 Slots.

Votes: 99 42.5%
  • Honor Gems should have socketing chances in all stages increased slightly.

Votes: 112 48.1%
  • Honor Gems should have Refined versions for last tier gems costing 20 000 Honor or more.

Votes: 97 41.6%
  • Do not make any Honor Socketing Changes !

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Introduce Loyalty Mounts/Pets/LunaDrops in the honor shop.

Votes: 122 52.4%
  • Do not Introduce Loyalty Mounts/Pets/LunaDrops in the honor shop.

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • Introduce Axis Mundi in the honor shop.

Votes: 92 39.5%
  • Do not Introduce Axis Mundi in the honor shop.

Votes: 38 16.3%

• Total voters
I'm not saying make it easy. I'm saying just change the system so you don't lose all of your progress PLUS what you're trying to put in. There's nothing that destroys your will to play more than blowing up 5 gems + the one you were trying to put in, after God knows how much honor you've already burned on the item.

I'd be fine burning even 100k honor per slot if it was guaranteed. Others probably wouldn't agree with me and it probably should be less, but hey, I've burned half a million on a single item that never went above 4 gems before. 500,000 for 5 guaranteed gems would've been a bargain in this RNG nightmare.

The admins have to decide how much, on average, they want people spending in honor per gem. That's the important first step. How to get there isn't that bad.

Assuming the current system is identical to Trion's:

p = 1*(1/2)^n
p is the percentile chance of getting all of n gems slotted.

Those arguing against any changes are saying this, basically:

That only 6% of players should get 5 slots filled on the first try.

That players should need to, statistically, try 46 times from 0 gems to get 5 gems in any item. (46 tries * 770 honor * 5 gems) = 177,100 honor. This is the statistical probability only and does not mean you're guaranteed at 177k honor. And of course some people will get 5 gems for 3850 honor. The gap between the statistical guarantee (which isn't a guarantee by any means) is approximately 173k honor. Some will spend much more than that gap to get to just 5 gems.

That to get 6 gems, you should need to try, statistically, 96 times from 0 gems to get 6 gems in any item. The statistical guarantee (which is no guarantee by any means) requires 443k honor. Some will spend less than that, some will spend much more. The gap here between first try lucky success all the way through and the statistical guarantee is 438k honor. (4620 honor to gem to 6 gems if you get lucky)

When you take that out to 2 items (jerkin, pants), you arrive at 886k honor for the statistical guarantee. That is 443 days of CR and GR. Meanwhile, some will be able to do this in as little as 9240 honor, or 5 days of CR and GR.

People arguing against a change are saying all of this is perfectly fine, no problems here, get gud scrub, or whatever.

Those saying that the system is broken recognize the possibility of spending over a year to gem two items and still not getting anywhere is utter nonsense.

"BUH NOT EVRYBODY SHUD BE FULL GEM, IT BREAK GAME--"

Hold it right there, neckbeard. This isn't even the fully-gemmed math. This is generally what you need to be competitive against fully-gemmed people if you're more skilled than they are.

Aside from that, full gems is scary why? People won't do CR and GR anymore? Or the other events? People like to PvP, as I've said. It takes 10 people to do a CR or GR, not including the bosses which aren't necessary to complete the event. But people do CR and GR for the world boss completion, too. Mistmerrow and the other events outside of CR and GR? Warrior medals. The thrill of large-scale PvP that you don't get anywhere else. Luscas? Same thing plus the packs for money.

Honor sinks? There are already several there. People have proposed many more. If you need a sink, make the stuff you get permanently in loyalty store on the honor store, but make them temporary. There's your sink. People can get access to a pegasus for 7 days, for instance, for 10k honor. They have time to refresh it with just CR and GR dailies plus build a little extra stockpile, but they have to still grind to refresh the items. But don't make this harsh as fuck or it will defeat the whole purpose of changing the system.

You could do costumes from loyalty store the same way. Make them temporary for a reasonable honor cost so people can use that as a way to try things out. Or if they don't have anything pressing to spend honor on, they can try a new look. Prevent them from being made into image items and you're done.

Consumables. A stack of 10 deluxe sandwiches, 10 Nui's Novas, or 10 Kraken's Might for 1000 honor. Allows those who aren't interested in honor gems or are fully gemmed something consumable to use them on, saves them a little gold (or they can sell them).

There are solutions that won't destroy the economy, won't destroy the effort required, but still improve the system. Because it does suck now. If you look at the math and whistle and say "It's so good!" then I can't help you. You must be a masochist, got lucky with your gems, or just don't participate in the honor system for much other than 2 gems in your gear.

I'm not saying make it easy. I'm saying just change the system so you don't lose all of your progress PLUS what you're trying to put in. There's nothing that destroys your will to play more than blowing up 5 gems + the one you were trying to put in, after God knows how much honor you've already burned on the item.

I'd be fine burning even 100k honor per slot if it was guaranteed. Others probably wouldn't agree with me and it probably should be less, but hey, I've burned half a million on a single item that never went above 4 gems before. 500,000 for 5 guaranteed gems would've been a bargain in this RNG nightmare.

The admins have to decide how much, on average, they want people spending in honor per gem. That's the important first step. How to get there isn't that bad.

p = 1*(1/2)^n

That players should need to, statistically, try 46 times from 0 gems to get 5 gems in any item. (46 tries * 770 honor * 5 gems) = 177,100 honor. This is the statistical probability only and does not mean you're guaranteed at 177k honor. And of course some people will get 5 gems for 3850 honor. The gap between the statistical guarantee (which isn't a guarantee by any means) is approximately 173k honor. Some will spend much more than that gap to get to just 5 gems.

That to get 6 gems, you should need to try, statistically, 96 times from 0 gems to get 6 gems in any item. The statistical guarantee (which is no guarantee by any means) requires 443k honor. Some will spend less than that, some will spend much more. The gap here between first try lucky success all the way through and the statistical guarantee is 438k honor. (4620 honor to gem to 6 gems if you get lucky)

When you take that out to 2 items (jerkin, pants), you arrive at 886k honor for the statistical guarantee. That is 443 days of CR and GR. Meanwhile, some will be able to do this in as little as 9240 honor, or 5 days of CR and GR.

People arguing against a change are saying all of this is perfectly fine, no problems here, get gud scrub, or whatever.

Those saying that the system is broken recognize the possibility of spending over a year to gem two items and still not getting anywhere is utter nonsense.

Hold it right there, neckbeard. This isn't even the fully-gemmed math. This is generally what you need to be competitive against fully-gemmed people if you're more skilled than they are.

Aside from that, full gems is scary why? People won't do CR and GR anymore? Or the other events? People like to PvP, as I've said. It takes 10 people to do a CR or GR, not including the bosses which aren't necessary to complete the event. But people do CR and GR for the world boss completion, too. Mistmerrow and the other events outside of CR and GR? Warrior medals. The thrill of large-scale PvP that you don't get anywhere else. Luscas? Same thing plus the packs for money.

Honor sinks? There are already several there. People have proposed many more. If you need a sink, make the stuff you get permanently in loyalty store on the honor store, but make them temporary. There's your sink. People can get access to a pegasus for 7 days, for instance, for 10k honor. They have time to refresh it with just CR and GR dailies plus build a little extra stockpile, but they have to still grind to refresh the items. But don't make this harsh as fuck or it will defeat the whole purpose of changing the system.

You could do costumes from loyalty store the same way. Make them temporary for a reasonable honor cost so people can use that as a way to try things out. Or if they don't have anything pressing to spend honor on, they can try a new look. Prevent them from being made into image items and you're done.

Consumables. A stack of 10 deluxe sandwiches, 10 Nui's Novas, or 10 Kraken's Might for 1000 honor. Allows those who aren't interested in honor gems or are fully gemmed something consumable to use them on, saves them a little gold (or they can sell them).

There are solutions that won't destroy the economy, won't destroy the effort required, but still improve the system. Because it does suck now. If you look at the math and whistle and say "It's so good!" then I can't help you. You must be a masochist, got lucky with your gems, or just don't participate in the honor system for much other than 2 gems in your gear.

There's so much reason and logic in this post that I need to sit down and take a nap.

Very well written, thanks for the read.

p = 1*(1/2)^n

Total honor needed for socketing will be reduced since rng element will as well, at least slightly if anything.
The Cooking/Alchemy Consumables are not an option since they can impact economy and prices in negative way.
There were options of other consumables being added in the original post which are pvp related.

Thank you on the feedback

Total honor needed for socketing will be reduced since rng element will as well, at least slightly if anything.
The Cooking/Alchemy Consumables are not an option since they can impact economy and prices in negative way.
There were options of other consumables being added in the original post which are pvp related.

I loved his post, but am with you on the one thing you disagreed with from it. Leave the Alchemy/Cooking pots out. A lot of people built Apothecary Manors and leveled those proficiencies to be able to make money off of those, leave anything that can be crafted out so we don't bully the carebears out of business with PvP. That is not the goal. Things that were mentioned like grimoires though, which can only be obtained through cash shop and events, would be great additions. They are great buffs that we rarely get to use, and wouldn't mind paying a pretty penny worth of honor that we'd have saved up after gemming under new system to be able to use them.

That's fine on the consumables. It's not like they're in short supply or overly expensive or anything. Just throwing it out there as an example.

Something like that you could give 10 consumables that are bound, too. That wouldnt affect the economy very much.

Aside from that, sounds good. Look forward to hearing about the changes.

There's so much reason and logic in this post that I need to sit down and take a nap.

Very well written, thanks for the read.

Thank you. And thank you again for the vine giant the other day. I didn't realize how good those things were at climbing slopes, but it has come in handy time and time again.

I was wondering, if anything happens to be changed for honor gems, shouldnt normal gems be changed too? They are actually more expensive than honor gems that dont need any mat to craft them.

I was wondering, if anything happens to be changed for honor gems, shouldnt normal gems be changed too? They are actually more expensive than honor gems that dont need any mat to craft them.
No because those gems are from an actual in game market. Coin purse farmers and handicrafters rely on them to make profit. Completely different from honor gems that you have to farm out yourself, and again there are classes good at farming honor and classes that aren't.

No because those gems are from an actual in game market. Coin purse farmers and handicrafters rely on them to make profit. Completely different from honor gems that you have to farm out yourself, and again there are classes good at farming honor and classes that aren't.
Yeah but the problem with normal gems is the same as with honor, they are hard to socket and frustrating when you fail over and over again after spending a lot of gold or crafting materials on them and since honor is easier to farm much more easier should be to socket normal gems due to the cost, should balance this gems the same way as the honor ones, to not kill the market but making them less frustrating.
Truth is I dont want any of this changes but I think that if it applies to honor gems it should apply to normal ones too just to be fair, like honor gems it will ahve its challenges but its only fair that all gems are treated the same as this is about the frustration of socketing, not the impact on the market.

Yeah but the problem with normal gems is the same as with honor, they are hard to socket and frustrating when you fail over and over again after spending a lot of gold or crafting materials on them and since honor is easier to farm much more easier should be to socket normal gems due to the cost, should balance this gems the same way as the honor ones, to not kill the market but making them less frustrating.
Truth is I dont want any of this changes but I think that if it applies to honor gems it should apply to normal ones too just to be fair, like honor gems it will ahve its challenges but its only fair that all gems are treated the same as this is about the frustration of socketing, not the impact on the market.
But expensive gems have a refined version and a lunascale version. Refined are pretty expensive but lunascales bridge the gem gap for most of your other pieces of armor. I think we've mentioned this point several times already.

There's refined versions to compensate.

Back