What's new

How bad is the archer tree?

Elphelt

I've been doing a fair bit of reading on the classes lately and I keep seeing that archery is apparently garbage due to things like needing low ping and being far more gear dependent them sorcery or battlerage, but most of the information I'm finding is for the official servers which is I don't know how many updates ahead of this one.

Are archers any better in the current state of archerage? I'm mostly thinking of pve right now.

Archers are some of the best pve classes imo. You have plenty of tools for all types of pve. Deadeye & Float for dps assistance on bosses, ranged advantage to kite physical mobs reducing the need of health-generating consumables, and an obsidian shortspear gives you plenty of heal-power for self-sustain and lets you tank bosses just fine, too. I enjoy archery a lot in pve. AOE farming is doable with a few tricks and know-how, single target farming is probably one of the fastest. You can kill mobs while running at them, by the time you reached them, they are dead and you can loot them and start shooting and making your way at the next mob.

Archery itself is weak. You rely heavily on your raid to do their job right. But if they do, archers can have some great impact on large fights. It's definitely no solo class, lacks too much CC/breaks for that, even when combining it with shadowplay or auramancy. Your main worry should be your positioning. One mistake and you're dead, as it's a really unforgiving class.
Regardless of all, it's a unique class and can be very fun or frustrating to play.

Ping imo has the most noticeable impact in very small scale such as 3v3 and below. In large rvr, I don't think a ping of 100 is as terrible. But that's just my view on it.

Last edited:
Are archers any better in the current state of archerage? I'm mostly thinking of pve right now.
ive been playing archer since always on AA-AR ive triyed all possible combinations Stone Arrow , Ranger, Primeival, ,etc.... for pve archer its one of the best classes
im currently using infiltrator build -Archery / Sorcery / Shadow play / and surprisingly to me its very good for pve because it makes all kind of dmg Range ,Mele and Magical
achieving multiple range stuns and range knockdowns once lvled up to ancestral lvl
give it a try if u want to

only 2 thing are to be taken in consideration for this build -
be sure to take the sorcery passive that equalizes the attack range of sorcery skills with the range of the main bow skills
use scepter i one of your hands to maxymaze the damage from the toxic shot and pearcing shot debuffs ,since they both deal magical DOT
Obsi scepter works good its not expensive to make t4-5 celestial +gives mag def penetration

Back