What's new

How can I get a Fishing Rod at level 22?

Tiptoe

Hey guys,

I've returned to ArcheRage after a long break. A lot has changed, so I decided to roll a new character and start all over from scratch. But this labor restriction is killing me. Trying to level up just by questing and killing mobs is absolutely brutal!

So I thought I'd get a fishing rod and start fishing (apparently fishing and larceny aren't gated behind the labor restriction). But it seems there's no way for a Dwarf to get a fishing rod.

There's a low level racial quest to get a rowboat and fishing rod in Airan Rock, but I can't complete it because I have to cut 'Grail Cypress Trees' which require labor. And I can't craft one, because I can't use labor and I can't buy one from the Auction House because they're bind on pickup :(

What can I do? I don't like combat. Normally (in retail AA) I'd level up just by gathering and farming and crafting. So not being able to use labor until level 52 is absolute torture for me!

Please advise, as I'm losing the will to continue.

Oh I hope you're right!

I'm unable to harvest the materials (I can't use labor) but I might have some on my old character. I'll try sending them to my new character and see if the game will let me craft something (I've a strong suspicion it won't). I'll let you know if it works.

Bummer! No, it tells me I have to be level 52 before I can craft anything (I tried to craft a simple 'Sharp Fishing Hook'). This really, really sux :(

I was sure you used to be able to buy a 'wrapped' fishing rod. Have these been removed from the game?

Bummer! No, it tells me I have to be level 52 before I can craft anything (I tried to craft a simple 'Sharp Fishing Hook'). This really, really sux :(

I was sure you used to be able to buy a 'wrapped' fishing rod. Have these been removed from the game?

Apologies for being unclear before, the fishing rod itself is available for crafting below lv 52.

Edit: there is a new fishing rod system as of this patch, making the rods permanent and therefore not necessary to be sold wrapped. Once you get one you're set for life.

Are you familiar with the craft request board?

Because you are unable to craft the different parts yourself, you can gather the mats and list it as craft request so someone can help you out that way.

Crafting rods can be crafted by character under level 52.
Wrapped fishing rods have been removed and all new fishing rods are permanent and you refresh tem.

Aha! I didn't know about the crafting board (that's something new) :)

Ok, so let me see if I have this right.

1. I have to buy all the materials I need from the AH (Bamboo, Iron Ingots, Lumber....etc)?
2. I then use the 'Crafting Board' to make crafting requests for someone to make me a 'Sharp Fishing Hook, Basic Fishing Line, and Sturdy Steel Rod)?
3. Once I have all the parts, the game will let me craft a 'Basic Fishing Rod' ? Even though I'm not yet level 52?

Have I understood it correctly?

Aha! I didn't know about the crafting board (that's something new) :)

Ok, so let me see if I have this right.

1. I have to buy all the materials I need from the AH (Bamboo, Iron Ingots, Lumber....etc)?
2. I then use the 'Crafting Board' to make crafting requests for someone to make me a 'Sharp Fishing Hook, Basic Fishing Line, and Sturdy Steel Rod)?
3. Once I have all the parts, the game will let me craft a 'Basic Fishing Rod' ? Even though I'm not yet level 52?

Have I understood it correctly?

Yes that should be all the steps!

You can also optionally say in faction and/or nation chat that you have posted crafting requests so people know about it, resulting in less waiting time for you.

Back