What's new

How Do I Gear Up For PvE Now?

Tiptoe

Hey there,

I'm a returning player who decided to create a new character. She is almost level 54 and I have the free 7 day gear, but I'm not sure what to do once it expires. Normally, I would go to Auroria and start grinding for 'Lost Garden' equipment. But as there's none for sale in the Auction House, I'm guessing it's been removed from the game.

So what do PvE players use now? And how do you get it? Can I craft my own gear?

Please note, this is just for killing monsters (coin purse farming) :)

Cheers.

Lost garden Auroria gear has been removed and replaced with hiram equipment

Aha! So how do I get Hiram gear? Do I grind for it on Auroria the same way I used to farm for Lost Garden gear? And what about the Infusions and Scrolls I need to upgrade it? Are they drops as well?

Edit: I've gone to Diamond Shores and I'm killing level 51 Turtles. But so far, not a single Hiram drop. Am I farming in the wrong place?

Last edited:
Only the abyssal mobs(zombie looking ones) drop hiram and are all over auroria, you could also get basic grade(iirc) illustrious from crafting soulstones which you can get from quests and drops(from aust followers) in diamond shores.

But IMO playing an alt with no option to get the support pack I'm guessing the only way you can get geared for auroria mobs is by opening the 7 day gear and almost farming non stop for hiram since I doubt you'll have a good time trying to kill mobs in auroria with lvl 40 quest gear if you even know what quests give it.

Aha! So how do I get Hiram gear? Do I grind for it on Auroria the same way I used to farm for Lost Garden gear? And what about the Infusions and Scrolls I need to upgrade it? Are they drops as well?

Edit: I've gone to Diamond Shores and I'm killing level 51 Turtles. But so far, not a single Hiram drop. Am I farming in the wrong place?
Only the monsters with the name abyssal legion will drop unidentified hiram pieces.
Enraged abyssal legion monsters drop infusions and awakening scroll.

For normal mobs it is all zone of auroria bar whalesone,reedwind,exeloch and sungold for normal abyssal legion.
Enraged abyssal are in reedwind,sungold and exeloch.

Only the abyssal mobs(zombie looking ones) drop hiram and are all over auroria, you could also get basic grade(iirc) illustrious from crafting soulstones which you can get from quests and drops(from aust followers) in diamond shores.

But IMO playing an alt with no option to get the support pack I'm guessing the only way you can get geared for auroria mobs is by opening the 7 day gear and almost farming non stop for hiram since I doubt you'll have a good time trying to kill mobs in auroria with lvl 40 quest gear if you even know what quests give it.

I think you might be right. It looks like I'm going to have to give up any idea of combat and just stick to carebearing :(

Only the monsters with the name abyssal legion will drop unidentified hiram pieces.
Enraged abyssal legion monsters drop infusions and awakening scroll.

For normal mobs it is all zone of auroria bar whalesone,reedwind,exeloch and sungold for normal abyssal legion.
Enraged abyssal are in reedwind,sungold and exeloch.

Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way I can farm for all this gear before my 7 day gear runs out. In AAU you get the Basic Explorer's gear and Infusions/Awakening Scrolls as quest rewards as you level up. Do you know if ArcheRage is going to implement this as well?

If so, then I think I'll delete this character and start over again when I can get the gear as quest rewards. Because the way things are now, it's not gonna work :(

Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way I can farm for all this gear before my 7 day gear runs out. In AAU you get the Basic Explorer's gear and Infusions/Awakening Scrolls as quest rewards as you level up. Do you know if ArcheRage is going to implement this as well?

If so, then I think I'll delete this character and start over again when I can get the gear as quest rewards. Because the way things are now, it's not gonna work :(

Do you know if it got added on Legacy in 6.0? Because afaik we follow those patches and not AAU.

Also, what class do you play? I still got old auroran leather and plate gear stacked up to be identified.

Do you know if it got added on Legacy in 6.0? Because afaik we follow those patches and not AAU.

Also, what class do you play? I still got old auroran leather and plate gear stacked up to be identified.

I'm not sure if it was added to Legacy (I haven't played Legacy for many years) but I think it was. As for AAU, it has always had the Explorer's gear as quest rewards, but I don't remember what version they started with.

Anyway, I'm playing a plate mage and I'm tempted to take you up on your offer, but I've a strong suspicion that I won't keep playing this character. So I think I'll just muck about, carebearing it for now, then roll a new character when the Explorer's gear finally gets added to the game.

By the way Aviendha, I've got to say, you are one of the most helpful people I've ever run across, both in game and here on the forum. Folks like you really make the game worth playing. Thank you :)

I'm not sure if it was added to Legacy (I haven't played Legacy for many years) but I think it was. As for AAU, it has always had the Explorer's gear as quest rewards, but I don't remember what version they started with.

Yea it would seem a logical thing to add so people can catch up easier on Legacy, I never stayed around long enough either to find out xD

Anyway, I'm playing a plate mage and I'm tempted to take you up on your offer, but I've a strong suspicion that I won't keep playing this character. So I think I'll just muck about, carebearing it for now, then roll a new character when the Explorer's gear finally gets added to the game.

At least there is plenty of stuff to do in-game too and you could save up for other stuff like costumes or accessories, and maybe along the way you find people to play with who can help you grind a bit of gear too, who knows. I know I don't grind hiram solo anyway, it's boring x)

By the way Aviendha, I've got to say, you are one of the most helpful people I've ever run across, both in game and here on the forum. Folks like you really make the game worth playing. Thank you :)

Thank you for the compliments ?

Awakening scrolls are already quest rewards and infusions are added as optional rewards in 5.0.

Explorer gear is not added till much later on

Back