What's new

How I got scammed (video included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blix

I got scammed boys and grills.
please watch & /discuss

P.S. - New players take notice on how its done, also admins need to do something about the macro.

Might not be a macro so much as just deleting a 0.

Make sure you let the buyer lock their side first and take the time to look everything over before you lock your side. Double check again before you hit the trade button. Shut down scammers, boys and girls, rushing through the process isn't worth your valuables.

Make sure you let the buyer lock their side first and take the time to look everything over before you lock your side. Double check again before you hit the trade button. Shut down scammers, boys and girls, rushing through the process isn't worth your valuables.
Untrue. I didn't watch this video yet but when someone attempted to scam me, they modified the value of the gold several seconds after they locked their window. I knew about the scam so I waited to hit trade.

the value he wanted to trade was initially 3200, to change that, you need to unlock the window, change the value and then lock it again.
He did all that in less then a few milliseconds.

Also I don't think its enough just banning them. these characters are alts, admins need to check to who the gold was sent and ban the main culprit.

I don't know what you are on about, but he clearly never locks or unlocks the window until the price is already at 320. He might use a macro to change the zero and lock it but honestly that could be achieved with a quick finger as well, nothing about this deserves a ban either, its not a bannable offense to scam, nor is it a bannable offense to have an alt character linked to the same account.

Caught him way before and sent video to tickets, check 0:17

3 Actions simultaneously, very clear macro.

sorry but this was just you being dumb. you always check it after its locked. watching the video 3200 went in and the moons then he deleted and clicked. Scamming is scummy but you cant blame anything but yourself for losing out on this one.

sorry but this was just you being dumb. you always check it after its locked. watching the video 3200 went in and the moons then he deleted and clicked. Scamming is scummy but you cant blame anything but yourself for losing out on this one.

In both videos its shown how to avoid getting scammed, never rush clicking important trades.

He didnt get scammed hes trolling, many,many others did i think xD

I cant imagine the amount of gold that scammer is sitting on right now, soon we will see JuulNation or he will buy all of Hugs castles.

I didn't lose anything, watch the video before commenting, I posted this so new players can see and be a little more cautious.

Scaming wasnt ever banable offence in archeage but this is getting annoying its massive now i dont even trade anymore directly with anyone i dont know. Se ye meaby time to ban some scamers for example.

Scaming wasnt ever banable offence in archeage but this is getting annoying its massive now i dont even trade anymore directly with anyone i dont know. Se ye meaby time to ban some scamers for example.
Eh is more about how they scam, u cant do things so quickly with hand, there are small programs that help you click fast on several locations at same time and scammers before did not use them, this is new.

Some people also say gold number was changed without lock unlocking so that is very bad too.

For me thats not the problem, Problem is that its to big and for good of comunity something should be done. Someone yesterday was saying that did 500k of scaming ppl. So meaby this is how u should do gold ? From u cant be banned for it ;)

For me thats not the problem, Problem is that its to big and for good of comunity something should be. Someone yesterday was saying that did 500k of scaming ppl. So meaby this is how u should do gold ? From u cant be banned for it ;)

Looks like macro is best gold making way.

Last edited:
whether if theyre using a macro or not ( i know theyre not and im pretty sure you dont need it ) theres a reason why you need to confirm twice
not saying scamming is a good thing, this scam has been going on for years and years
this is a good learning experience to be cautious in every trade

understandable if people get scammed they get angry and pissed off yea fair enough

but trying to get someone banned for using macros in that trade isnt any better

edit:

you told him you had no time to react? yet you exited the trade window so what do you mean you had no time to react?

whether if theyre using a macro or not ( i know theyre not ) theres a reason why you need to confirm twice
not saying scamming is a good thing, this scam has been going on for years and years
this is a good learning experience to be cautious in every trade

I think telling that to frustrated players which quit the game after losing much of their funds is not helpfull.
How do you know he is not using macro?
Also this scam was not going on for years, only scam that was happening on this server and live was quick change of merchant design for glider one.

What was shown in my video i have never seen since beta, nor people i know.All of the scammed players on our server were also scammed by one same person.

I think telling that to frustrated players which quit the game after losing much of their funds is not helpfull.
How do you know he is not using macro?
Also this scam was not going on for years, only scam that was happening on this server and live was quick change of merchant design for glider one.

What was shown in my video i have never seen since beta, nor people i know.All of the scammed players on our server were also scammed by one same person.

this has been going on since live as well the quick deleting 1 digit and confirming

its just not nice accusing someone of using illegal software when theyre not

already had enough witch hunts going on in this server dont need another

all correct but we could do nice example banning that person so ppl dont try make their gameplay/gameplan on scamming others.
Guy was baned for 24h for trying trade banana with someone so i dont see anything wrong with baning that one person that try scam us everyday.

all correct but we could do nice example banning that person so ppl dont try make their gameplay/gameplan on scamming others.
Guy was baned for 24h for trying trade banana with someone so i dont see anything wrong with baning that one person that try scam us everyday.

this whole banning system is bs tbh it needs a change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back