What's new

How P2W is ArcheRage compared to AA?

MysticDaedra

Obviously P2W is a BAD thing, as it changes gameplay from who has the most skill to who has the largest wallet... which is so stupid I can't even articulate how stupid it is... (part of me wonders how anyone with half a brain could think p2w is a good idea...).

All that being said, there obviously needs to be a way of supporting the server/devs, and I'm not immediately against a cash shop to further than end. However, if necessary/needed items to remain competitive are locked behind the cash shop, and people who do not spend a LOT of money on those items will forever have their experience determined by those that do spend a lot of money (whales), then how will ArcheRage succeed when AA has failed so miserably?

From what I've seen, the vast majority of those who have left AA did so because of the P2W nature of the game. Not specific little things like a cash shop or anything like that, but because required items for advanced end-game play were locked behind a paywall, and the whales could dominate because they had the money to do so. I am a full-time college student, I love playing video games, and I don't mind spending more time playing to catch up, as long as it is possible. If it is not even possible to compete with whales, then what is the point?

So, monologue over, how P2W is ArcheRage? Approximately how much $$$ would someone have to spend in cash shop items to remain competitive? Thanks in advance.

The cash shop here has yet to be fully released but from what I can tell, it allows you to get further with your money that usual (As you get more credits per dollar and almost everything is drastically cheaper than original archeage. However, I have yet to see any items locked behind a paywall. Instead of APEX, you have the ability to bundle up your credits and sell them on the AH or to other players so you can always buy whatever the cash shop has to offer.

Just appreciate you get membership for free here at the least.

These kind people put this Game out there for us who hate P2W, you get Patron for free which is a win win situation anyway, and it keeps them running.

Cash shop content is more p2w (more p2w items from korean/russian versions). Cash shop prices are in lower level. Some of the p2w items are extreme cheaps. RM-credit exchange is better. Basic game mode is better (patron buff for ALL players).

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm feeling much relieved to hear it. I'll definitely be spending some money on the game to support the server!

Can't wait to jump on tonight...

p2w is atm not very good because credits are ultra cheap :D

I bought 3k for 300g x)
You sold your work for chicken feed. This is 14 dollars of "donation" maybe. And you sold your "time" advantage in this cheap price in critical starting period. GG. We will love you in PvP :D

U wanna pk me? :O I see u mostly alone ^
Different time zones and activity sometimes. +Some extra leveling in alt skill trees. I will coordinate my teamwork better. But you will be weak after you sell your resources... Do you want to be kitten food?
I don't kill greens without reason. Maybe later when you pick up good packs. :)
(or if kitten swarm will be too large we will be less hostiles maybe)

We Need to Differentiate Between somone who pays for specific advantages in gameplay terms against other players (something that can be attained through, playing the game as it should be done) vs that of somone who donates for none gameplay boosting things such as ( fashion, Items of interest, none gear related, hauler freighter upgrade, bag expansion pets and more) I consider those positive contributors to the server for everyone, and a means of personally saying "Thank you" to the people who made this all possible. *Something many of you forget to do, instead your quick to say "WTF this did not work, or something bla bla bla " ask your selfs, how many of you actually said Thank you /Spasibo, to the Devs and team who made Archrage possible?
In the end there is 2 types of Payers, Donation support, for minuscule things purely cosmetic or functionality , and those who pay specifically to push ahead of others game play wise, ( Gears, wealth etc)

Now that we established the difference, Now we can begin a real discussion.

I dont know, but Im worried about this server being more p2w than trion for example, everyone has a tree house, the giant cow, drills, and majestic trees , and this completely mess the economy. Now wood is worthless because people are buying non stop majestic tress. The server is fairly new, and I already think is p2w maybe if they remove majestic trees and drills we could have a better server

I dont know, but Im worried about this server being more p2w than trion for example, everyone has a tree house, the giant cow, drills, and majestic trees , and this completely mess the economy. Now wood is worthless because people are buying non stop majestic tress. The server is fairly new, and I already think is p2w maybe if they remove majestic trees and drills we could have a better server
or buy them yourself with how extremely cheap credits are atm from sellers.

this

Well it's certainly less p2w than official, as long as there is no multi-acc, it's being watched and made sure that it doesn't happen it should be a decent server.

but whats the point of buying wood and stone? thats p2w, and I know they need money to run the server, but I would rather pay for costumes and similar items

People crying about the pay to win need to learn how the game actually works. They're probably the unknowledgeable players who played for about a month tops on official servers and are now coming here placing their ill-informed conjectures. Credits are cheap as hell in the auction house, everyone gets patron, and most of the items in the Credit Shop are mostly quality of life and cosmetic items. Everything in the shop is completely obtainable by everyone and if you're going to q.q about it its because you're lazy and don't know how to play the game. Do us a favor and don't play, it worked for you on legacy. :)

the server is starting, like any other AA new servers eveything is very cheap at the beginning including credits on auctionner but there isn't a real warranty that the prices are gonna keep cheap....

the server is starting, like any other AA new servers eveything is very cheap at the beginning including credits on auctioneer but there isn't a real warranty that the prices are gonna keep cheap....
at that point, when prices start to rise, will be nothing left to purchase on the ah of massive gain. Right now all you get that impacts the game is land lumber and stone. Once people stop buying land, the price of stone and lumber will lower thus making those items less influential. Granted I don't know what the future shop will hold, but if anyone was smart they'd take this possible rise in value of credits and invest heavily and hold onto them

Back