What's new

How to effectively play ArcheRage.

Hello All,

So after reading through the forums I felt like it would be nice for new people to have a little bit of a guide to this server as things are obviously different then live.

First the elephant in the room. You need level 52 to use labor effectively. This is not going to change and do not let this scare you. This server has a huge multiplier for XP and questing will get you there in no time at all. I will most likely make a questing guide specific to this server because you do not need to follow questing line. Due to increased xp rates you can skip zones to level faster.

Next, do not let people talk you down about making gold and p2w. As a player who has donated(yes, its a donation) 5$ on this game I can say for certainty you do not need to donate to win on this server. Do not let anyone tell you differently. TRUST ME!

Before level 52 there are very little options to making gold due to labor lock but like I mentioned before this is not a bad thing because it is very fast to level to 52 and you can add me in-game and I will surely help you level if that's what it takes.

AFTER 52.

This is when this server shines. Do not read into the whole "Land Whales" Situation. Its very easy to get land you just have to work for it.

Money Making Tips for people with NO LAND. (what? you can make money without land?)
Do not listen to anyone when they say you cannot make money unless you have land.I make most of my money from things that do not involve land.

- Mine. I mined starshards for my first few days on this server. You easily make 200-3oo or more gold per day doing this and its very quick and takes no land believe it or not. You can also mine regular rocks for even more money but can be time consuming. Due to lack of bots this shit sells fast and for a lot.

-Whore out labor. Even with multiplied labor you will always have no labor. Sell labor to other people for money. Kinda boring but you do you.

-Make single packs with 8x8 lands and turn them into charcoal stabilizer. This shit sells for a lot and you do a few of these a day you will have a ton of money.

-Im sure there are more and I will add more to this later when I think of them.

How to get Land:

- Be nice. Kindness goes a long way and there are people who would love to help a newbie get started. I bought my first piece of land for 300g and you can to if you get to know people.

- Start small. There are a million 8x8 plots around. I started with 4 olive trees with roses inbetween them doing trade runs like a nub to make money.

- Save up and watch the trade chat. People are always selling land and its not very hard to find a good deal. Just be patient.

- Watch demos. I managed to get 4 16x16 and a 24x24 all connected because of it being a demo and paid nothing. This takes time but like ALL MMO's you have to invest time to be successful.

Potato or PVP?
This is a very hot topic on this server right now. Everyone argues this server is full of potato farmers. Do not believe these people. There is PVP and you just need to find it. With that being said if you want to be a potato farmer be a potato farmer. This game was designed to need both PVP and Potato farmers to be successful.

How to be a Potato:
Seems easy? Plant potatoes and profit. WRONG!

-Obviously manage a farm and work at a designated profession. Every profession is profitable you just need to spend time working on it to make it profitable. I personally mine and log as my professions.

-Trade. Spend time watching the AH and learning the market. This is a great skill to have and will make you an absurd amount of money. Something simple like buying credits for 200g off auction house and selling the Expansion Scrolls for 150g each. Thats 100g profit from nothing. I will not give out more secrets but you can explore these idea and find what works for you. You do not need to spend IRL money to have a lot of gold on here. Im sitting on 5k gold and have been here for less then a month just playing the market. If I can do it you can!

- Trade runs. This is a little harder at first but with time this is a great money maker. Work on getting the farm cart or donkey and start making trade packs. I have added two great links so you can decide what you might want to focus on.

West Packs
East Packs

*This server is removing gilda as a requirement from packs. Check HERE for updated crafting recipes.

Tips:

- Play the game how you want to play it. Do not let anyone tell you differently.

-Have fun. I can not stress this enough. This server is a load of fun and you just need to find a way to make it fun in your own way. If you want to PVP. Then PVP. You want to be a furry in a little furry clan? You be you.

- Let this server work out the problems. Not everything this server does will make you happy but sometimes you need to accept this and take it for what it is. Find a way to look at it positively and if you are lucky the devs will change it anyways. These devs listen it just takes time for change and this is not an instant gratification game.

I will add more to this for sure. Just wanted to get some big subject's out there to help some people. Check back for more =D

Last edited:
This is really helpful, thank you. If it's okay to comment (I'll edit the post if not), I would personally add "Enjoy whatever activities make you happy, don't force yourself to do things that aren't fun."
Since joining, I've seen an awful lot of pressure for people to pvp, and some folks being insulted a lot if they don't find that enjoyable and want to do PVE, especially just farming and crafting instead. However people want to play in a sandbox game is valid C:

This is really helpful, thank you. If it's okay to comment (I'll edit the post if not), I would personally add "Enjoy whatever activities make you happy, don't force yourself to do things that aren't fun."
Since joining, I've seen an awful lot of pressure for people to pvp, and some folks being insulted a lot if they don't find that enjoyable and want to do PVE, especially just farming and crafting instead. However people want to play in a sandbox game is valid C:
Great suggestion! I will add it!

Great post, I would suggest adding where you can find gilda star dailies for both factions, since that can be super helpful for new people.

Great post, I would suggest adding where you can find gilda star dailies for both factions, since that can be super helpful for new people.
I will try my best. I want this to be a general guide and not a guide on specific things. Not trying to be rude just trying to be as general as possible. If people like this guide I will work my way into specific guide for people. :)

Last edited:
Tips:

- Play the game how you want to play it. Do not let anyone tell you differently.

-Have fun. I can not stress this enough. This server is a load of fun and you just need to find a way to make it fun in your own way. If you want to PVP. Then PVP. You want to be a furry in a little furry clan? You be you.

This exactly!! Thank you for this and taking the time to help new players!! Much appreciated! Kudos to you!!

This exactly!! Thank you for this and taking the time to help new players!! Much appreciated! Kudos to you!!

Im glad I could help. This is such a great server and I don't want new people seeing some complaints that might be relevant to a certain extent are not a reason to not play this game. I will most likely branch off into more specific guides to help people out!

ty @Naggerknife ! I was playing on the retail version for about a week and was kind of put off by people telling me that my class is bad, this and that... I wanted to play the game for the experience because it is my first time. I hope that this version will be better :3

ım now downloading game and reading the forum also.My char has been banned in archeage 2 times accidently they say then opened and last ı opened an apex but no credits came from it.But nobody is interested about it.Now ım here and want to start a new journey.thnks for your explanations.

Back