What's new

How to - Snipe the auction house!

JermEx

So most of the old school players know this trick.

If you type % into the auction house search bar.
It lists all kinds of stuff.
You sort by Bid increasing
Then you click the sort by time

Now you have a list of all kinds of things with very low initial Bid value and that are about to finish

You compare the bid value to the buy it now value
If there is a huge difference (Bid value 9 gold, buy now value 250)
You know you are getting a huge deal you can probably make a profit from.

I saw a Thunderstruck tree going for 9 gold yesterday, and it was about to expire in 2 minutes.
You refresh the search window until you see the time go to <1
Then set a little stopwatch or count out loud. When you start to get near the 50 second mark, refresh the page and start putting in bids higher then the current one. Don't bid too cheaply or you'll be quickly outbid by other snipers.

Just keep doing this until the time is up and you may win the item for an incredible price.
then you just put that item back on the market undercutting the current market value and BAM! profit.

To all you newbies, happy sniping

To all you Vets, prepare for some competition.

Last edited:
So most of the old school players know this trick.

If you type % into the auction house search bar.
It lists all kinds of stuff.
You sort by Bid increasing
Then you click the sort by time

Now you have a list of all kinds of things with very low initial Bid value and that are about to finish

You compare the bid value to the buy it now value
If there is a huge difference (Bid value 9 gold, buy now value 250)
You know you are getting a huge deal you can probably make a profit from.

I saw a Thunderstruck tree going for 9 gold yesterday, and it was about to expire in 2 minutes.
You refresh the search window until you see the time go to >1
Then set a little stopwatch or count out loud. When you start to get near the 50 second mark, refresh the page and start putting in bids higher then the current one. Don't bid too cheaply or you'll be quickly outbid by other snipers.

Just keep doing this until the time is up and you may win the item for an incredible price.
then you just put that item back on the market undercutting the current market value and BAM! profit.

To all you newbies, happy sniping

To all you Vets, prepare for some competition.
ty for this info!

If you're a victim of being sniped INSTANTLY by bots. Let your friends buy out your item and give them back the gold, get the item back from them etc. You'll lose listing fee + interest but thats alot better than losing everything.

If you have no friends but have gold, make an alt and send the gold to it. I almost lost close to 2k gold worth in credits due to either bots or someone who was fast as shit.

Don't be a victim

If you're a victim of being sniped INSTANTLY by bots. Let your friends buy out your item and give them back the gold, get the item back from them etc. You'll lose listing fee + interest but thats alot better than losing everything.

If you have no friends but have gold, make an alt and send the gold to it. I almost lost close to 2k gold worth in credits due to either bots or someone who was fast as shit.

Don't be a victim

Good point, don't risk being bot snipped, just get a friend to buy it and pay them back.

I had to do this a few times in the day.

This is really good. I was actually happy today that I was able to earn my first 50G from selling dawnlake essence, while trying to win in a cheap bamboo fishing rod LOL

Thanks for the tips TS!

Also can send gold to a alt. And buy the sniped item that way had that happen to me lastnight with sun and moon points didn't realize I had 7 sunpoints up for gold but bidding started at 30s nearly scrapped myself

Back