What's new

I'm from EU and tried to pvp (1on1) on NA Server because I needed to know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blyce

I saw a lot EU people wondering how the ping will be on the NA Server and how it affect Archeage PvP. I cound't get an well awnser so I logged in on an NA Server and made a lot of 1on1's, events and tests.

At EU, I played thousands of 1on1 matches, was often top5 arena and have a good feeling with diffrent classes and how PvP feel "right" in Archeage.

Technical, I pinged the NA Server IP and the EU Server IP.

NA = 140 ms with vpn, 170 without.
EU = 15-20ms !

My result when I played was not very nice. I press buttons, sometimes very fast and just nothing happens. If I press 2 different buttons to fast, it looks like that one skill simply dosen't trigger. In large scale PvP, I see no problems but in Arena PvP or small scale PvP it may suck. If YOU really love the arena in AA, it might be a problem for you. There is sadly a big ocean between EU and NA and the data has to go through.

Lets take for example the skill "Fervent Healing". On the NA Server, it just is ultra slow. like 3-4times slower compared to EU. In 1on1's, if I play argent or derwish, it might be a big problem.

If I press Behind enemys lines, it resulted often that I pressed my skill but it took to long until the skill triggert that the enemy moved to fast out of range in that time. Was also a big problem for me.

Also, when I write something in the chat, the message appears a little bit later then on EU server (this is not an issue, just interesting because u just feel "laggy".

I haven't decited yet if I just wait longer for an EU Server or give it a try... the server looks awesome but the ping for EU citizen sucks.

Last edited:
Have you tried with a NA VPN? My NA friends and I had the same issue with the ping on this server (RU) and a VPN definitely improved our lot. There's a bit more to it than merely ping and packet losses, flux and what not are important factors that a VPN can dramatically improve.

Many offer free trials (WTFast comes to mind).

But yeah, overall, it's noticeable. Tankier classes can be more forgiving.

Was that a troll question? :D Between NA and EU is a Ocean x)

I used a VPN, it improved my ping for ~20% but sometimes I had big delays... @IronLady, could you ask the dev's it makes sense for EU player to wait for an english EU Server?

In my poll, there are ~40% EU player so maybe... :D

Hi all,

Guys, depending on a demand we will consider possibility of launching English EU server. Only, after NA server starts.

I have good news: I saw that IronLady postet the ServerIP and the ping is better then Trinos Server. Good Job so far.

My ping shows without vpn ~110 ms and this is amazing for me and far better then I expected !

I have good news: I saw that IronLady postet the ServerIP and the ping is better then Trinos Server. Good Job so far.

My ping shows without vpn ~110 ms and this is amazing for me and far better then I expected !

you tested with vpn too? And where you live in EU?

me too. thats nice to know that we can play with 110mms. I think that will work for arena pvp too. So i am now happy enough^^

me too. thats nice to know that we can play with 110mms. I think that will work for arena pvp too. So i am now happy enough^^

Its still 5-6x slower compared to EU ^^ Lets hope they announce an EU Server before the 21...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back