What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Sjinderson alot of players posted some good reasons why something need to change but you gonna have to read through 5 pages of posts, the easiest thing you can do just check the server activity during EU time and NA time not even gonna tell you to compare kraken to TWT since people were bitching about it lmao just check other events when server reset till its about to reset again, see how many activities is done and you will know why people need something to change you have WH/AEGIS/CR/GR/DAILIES RAIDS going on the whole day check the numbers :) and i dont really need to tell yall to ignore stupid posts like @froNtxD's about "contesting" is the reason people dont show 👍

" OUR GOAL IS TO FIND THE BEST TIMING FOR THE MAJORITY."-sparkle

I'd kinda like to point out NA timers for an NA server is a valid reason ... I Signed up to the NA server expecting NA timers .... even tho i'm OCE I accepted NA timers I wasn't an eu player who decided to make na a second eu server

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd kinda like to point out NA timers for an NA server is a valid reason ... I Signed up to the NA server expecting NA timers .... I wasn't an eu player who decided to make na a second eu server

There is simply no way of making everybody happy. If you alternate spawn timers, people won't ever try to actually contest stuff. at least right now east and west are making alliances to try and pvp which has made some memorable saturdays.
@Sjinderson having NA timers and NA ping is one of the reasons as to why people join this server. yeah, you arent going to cater to NA only but i don't sign up to NA server expecting EU timers. People that join this server want to have an experience similar to live server and boss timers is a HUGE part of it. By changing boss timers, you are basically saying a big "SCREW YOU" to all new na players that join this server and expect some pvp that they can attend to

1 : which is to shift the spawn time for both bosses by number of hours 3-5 hours would be good to make it accessible to all players from different parts of the world who plays here and enjoys this server.

2 : to make 2 krakens/black dragons a day just like what happened with Abyssal/Luscas, that way all players will be able to attend those important events.

A new conclusion, one that has seemed to get some universal approval on discord so far.

Keep timers as is. Kraken/BD/DGS spawn all at the same time. However, only spawn once a week, on Saturday the prime day.

This creates a level of scarcity for kraken/BD items within the server, and ensures that no one is able to freefarm it because it's during a prime hour for the server. None of the solutions above promote a healthy server base, and would likely ruin the value of these exclusive items. A mass influx will result in this whole process cycling again once everyone has the boss items they need. Make them more scarce, so the fight for them is the fun part, not getting the item afterward.

PvP Centric ideas for a PvP MMO in a PvP Event, why didn't anyone else propose something like this?

A new conclusion, one that has seemed to get some universal approval on discord so far.

Keep timers as is. Kraken/BD/DGS spawn all at the same time. However, only spawn once a week, on Saturday the prime day.

This creates a level of scarcity for kraken/BD items within the server, and ensures that no one is able to freefarm it because it's during a prime hour for the server. None of the solutions above promote a healthy server base, and would likely ruin the value of these exclusive items. A mass influx will result in this whole process cycling again once everyone has the boss items they need. Make them more scarce, so the fight for them is the fun part, not getting the item afterward.

PvP Centric ideas for a PvP MMO in a PvP Event, why didn't anyone else propose something like this?
as i said funny how you come up with this idea just now, when something was gonna be done about kraken/bd, you was freefarming it for ages and just now wants to change it and make it once a week ? if you said this since the start i would've believed that you care about pvp but now i just know the only thing you care about is trying locking the boss items away from the rest of the player base as much as you can

My Opinion on this Topic is, 85% could attend to the Old Halcy Time and to the new Halcy Time the most of the Playerbase has time for it.

So if we would move Halcy to the old Slot and Set the BD/Kraken at this Timer West/East and Pirates can join this Big Event! Why? Because they are all in this halcy at this time <-- This was mentioned before

And why should we change it?

Because we want OpenWorld PVP on Big Events, EU want to take Part in this Events, Contest it, Fail on it etc. With the new Abyssal Kraken and Luscas EU can finally take Part in this Events and didnt sacrefice sleep under the Week when we must work. Thats why we opend all this Thread! Because it had an impact on People. And the Event is now a Daily Thing for EU.

Last edited:
I really hope this is not even being considered because the reality is that this has nothing to do with people not being able to make world bosses and a lot to do with people trying to stop pirates from killing them. East and west have both shown that they can show with plenty players and kill world bosses at both EU and NA time zones, they just simply lack the leadership and the stamina to do so more often.
You guys taking one loss and throwing the towel is not pirates fault.
If this was a solution that actually worked for everybody and that would make every faction more active and make people come out and fight I would be the first saying yes to this, I play this game mainly to pvp which is why you rarely see me at world bosses that are being done uncontested, I don’t care if we never get a kraken again if that means you guys are coming out and fighting for them but you won’t, you all show you are absolutely un able to fight for anything if you cannot get it easy.

I really hope this is not even being considered because the reality is that this has nothing to do with people not being able to make world bosses and a lot to do with people trying to stop pirates from killing them. East and west have both shown that they can show with plenty players and kill world bosses at both EU and NA time zones, they just simply lack the leadership and the stamina to do so more often.
If this was a solution that actually worked for everybody and that would make every faction more active and make people come out and fight I would be the first saying yes to this, I play this game mainly to pvp which is why you rarely see me at world bosses that are being done uncontested, I don’t care if we never get a kraken again if that means you guys are coming out and fighting for them but you won’t, you all show you are absolutely un able to fight for anything if you cannot get it easy.
i dont know if you have read this howl Thread but i think not its again the old Topic about all wants that Pirates dont get the WB's for free blabla and thats bullshit rly.

About the WB's --> Black Dragon and Kraken nothing more nothing less. The other WB's are complety out of this.

You want PVP at such WB? Then lets move it to a time where the EU Players not must stay up until 4-5AM and then go to work, if you call that lake of leadership then im sorry for you, but rl is more important then a Boss in ArcheRage.

The other thing in my Mind is, why are you so crazy about the Time moving.
If the new Halcy Time is the WB Time as option: Pirates on, West on, East on!
So you get your PVP that you mentiond and get the Boss or we get the Boss or East but that not the main point here. The Mainpoint from this complete Thread is to find a slot where this WB's are for NA/EU/China a good and friendly time.

And if you dont get it now, then i dont know. I think the next post will be again from a Pirate that talkes why moving blabla, you can come to this you can to this on Saturday etc. and this was all discussed in the Post before why this changed was or is suggestion and if you want to cry about this Suggestion Thread, Pls open a Contra Offtopic Thema about it. There can you write why everybody is against Pirates and so on.

as i said funny how you come up with this idea just now, when something was gonna be done about kraken/bd, you was freefarming it for ages and just now wants to change it and make it once a week ? if you said this since the start i would've believed that you care about pvp but now i just know the only thing you care about is trying locking the boss items away from the rest of the player base as much as you can

We sell these boss items out of guild. I've posted on the discord trade chat recently about us selling these items.

Are they at a premium? Of course. Also this is the only forum thread complaining about a lack of ability to attend events anytime recently, so I can fire this right back at you. Why did you just now create a forum post about wanting the ability to attend more content, when you haven't had grip on content for months, and allegedly "didnt care about it, uncontested pve lol".

On another note, a majority of the people in this thread that claim to be "EU" also attend the late-night halcy, which is 4 hours post-kraken spawn. Sounds like you guys are trying to pick and choose your battles.

Make kraken/bd after halcy. I see pirates coming for it so shouldn't be a problem for their timezone, chinese players also coming for it. Only reason people are complaining now because you can free farm BD, Freefarmed kraken is already a joke overall.

I will say this once and once only.
Stop saying if you want better boss timers go the other AR server. We do not only cater to an NA audience.

Now here's what I understand are the 4 proposed ideas.

Create 2 spawns each day for Kraken and Black Dragon. 1 Eu based and the other as it is now at 6:30Pm and 8:00Pm
  • Change the spawn time of Kraken and Black Dragon to be earlier.
  • Change Kraken and Black Dragons spawn mechanic to be based on death/despawn instead of a set time.
  • Alternate spawn times on the 3 spawns in the week.
With a 3rd option of no change is made at all

Changing the spawn times is simple fact that some would no longer be able to attend while others could. That is just the way it is. Its not a matter of people are being made unable to go. But how many are now being made able to go vs those who now can't. Which purely from event statistics and earlier time would promote more activity at such events. However that is not always the case so its not that fair of a way to determine which is better.

So for both sides of who are wanting some adjustment and those who are against any changes being made.
Use some actual reasons to why you think which is better for the server. This is an Na server is not a reason.

Creating 2 spawns each day for Kraken and Black Dragon looks like reasonable idea to not hurt people from diferent timezones that dont have much time.

We sell these boss items out of guild. I've posted on the discord trade chat recently about us selling these items.

Are they at a premium? Of course. Also this is the only forum thread complaining about a lack of ability to attend events anytime recently, so I can fire this right back at you. Why did you just now create a forum post about wanting the ability to attend more content, when you haven't had grip on content for months, and allegedly "didnt care about it, uncontested pve lol".

On another note, a majority of the people in this thread that claim to be "EU" also attend the late-night halcy, which is 4 hours post-kraken spawn. Sounds like you guys are trying to pick and choose your battles.
Why? Because RD was moved to an Instance with good Timers --> Problem Solved
Kraken --> we can contest and kill it but if you can only go 1/3 Times and only if the people are awaken and not out at this day and not to tired etc.
BD --> Too late like mentioned before and im repeating myself

And again you mentioned if by yourself the freefarming, and this is something you want to hold and only you want to hold it. Other NA Players are totaly calm with the idea. Its only because you cant sell the items that you get for freefarming, thats all and thats why you cry over and over about the same thing.

In this Thread you cant deny that the "Pirate Faction" only wants to stop this because they dont want PVP like some mentioned, they dont want diffucilties at the Bosses, they want free Farm and thats all! I didnt read any constructiv Opinion from the Pirate Faction only "NO we dont want it", "no this is bullshit etc.","we want this by ourself" etc. And this is a Point you cant deny, and more and more People saw that in this Thread.

And even EU Players can be online at this time if they work in shifts or something else thats not a prove that more then 50% from EU at this time Online

In this Thread you cant deny that the "Pirate Faction" only wants to stop this because they dont want PVP like some mentioned

I can deny that, because in the same vein of saying "hey spawn only one a week", I'm denying our group the other 2 kraken spawns that we would, allegedly, get for free.

The naivete of the people in this thread is astounding. Not to mention

Why? Because RD was moved to an Instance with good Timers --> Problem Solved

This right here doesn't make any sense in terms of your argument. RD was moved to instance, and the loot was greatly nerfed. Like, nerfed to the point where it's not even worth queueing until the achievement glider quest. Very rare that you get an item worthwhile from this instance, and when you do, it's going to be eons before the weapon can be used as an actual main slot. With this logic, if you want 6 krakens a week, you need to nerf the loot into the ground. Oh, and make it an instance. Oh, and make it PvE only like old Kadum. You should also get heavy hints of sarcasm from those last 2 sentences.

Kraken --> we can contest and kill it but if you can only go 1/3 Times and only if the people are awaken and not out at this day and not to tired etc.
BD --> Too late like mentioned before and im repeating myself

Gonna mention this again. Most of the people complaining in this forum, go to late night halcy. Which is well after these two events in question. Considering last night we were rocking BD titles during the halcy. We had plenty of time to kill it, have a break, and then go.

Idk what's easy about showing up to Kraken and Kraken is like 12:30/1:30 AM for EU players and staying for 3-4 hours only at saturday, idk how easy is that and idk about how you're here for pvp, i rarely see you in any pvp tbh and doing Kraken once per week and only at weekend doesn't prove that east or west can show up to things but they're just slacking?

Back