What's new

In game features and their usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a person spams the N-word and all people block him, it doesn't do a thing. They will continue to use this word with no punishment or proper recourse.
If a person spams the N-word and people ask him to stop, their stopping or lack thereof tells of their character.

If you spam pet names in a seemingly derogatory manner and people block you, it doesn't do a thing. You will continue to do this with no punishment or proper recourse.
If you spam pet names in a seemingly derogatory manner and people ask you to stop, your stopping or lack thereof tells of your character.

If a person blocks with a cart and breaks that rule and you stop running trade packs, it doesn't do a thing. They will continue to perform this action with no punishment or proper recourse.
If a person blocks with a cart and breaks that rule and you do something about it (ask them to stop/remind them of the rule/report them), their stopping or lack thereof tells of their character.

Blocking you does not stop you. Blocking does not prevent your behavior. Blocking does not ask you to politely respect others' wishes. Blocking you lets you do whatever you want by forcing others to abide to your behavior. Blocking you lets you keep breaking a rule. Blocking lets you keep going on. Now a rule exists for clarification because of cultural differences that resulted from your unwanted behavior, and you're unhappy. I get it. But the rule exists, you've been told to stop, you've been informed as to why blocking doesn't work, and yet you persist. You won't be leaving this server on your own volition, I smell a ban if you keep going like this. Leave it alone, ask if people are okay with pet names, and be done with it like the rest of us are. This isn't censorship. This isn't a crusade against you. No one is stopping you from playing the game. They are just asking you to respect their wishes. There are people here that call each other every word in the book as a greeting, but as a respectful gesture to those who don't agree with words they consider kosher they don't label everyone they meet as such. You don't see brits and aussies calling others the C-word because it can be viewed as something different in other regions, but you don't see them screaming from the rooftops "IF YA DOON'T LIKE ME CALLIN' YOO A C*NT, BLOCK EXISTS". They respectfully read the room. You should too.

:)

Last edited:
The block option is what people tell others to do to them instead of them just being respectful and listening to others ?

Well, to really answer your question, the block function is to block people.
But here are some really cool things I learned from some people:
1. The rules are there not to be broken...if you break a rule, you should really look at yourself and see that you're doing something wrong...Oh, I think that was you Krystel that said that not those exact words but something similar.
2. Something a wise man said...if one person tells you that you're drunk, they might be joking but when 10 people tell you that you're drunk, you're drunk and should go take a nap.

Block prevents the message packets of listed users from arriving in your game client

This saves you lots of data and bandwidth from not having to even recieve messages of those who spam the chat.

Too bad the same cannot be said for this forum... :mad:

Let it go already for flaming flamingoes sake...

The block option results in your not seeing any messages from said blocked person.
You will not receive mails from them. This is only 1 way as they will still see your messages unless they block you.

As this thread is answered and already off topic thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back