What's new

In game Search Menus drop to desktop

Kuu

In game search menu's such as the auction house search menu and the vocations tab crafting recipe's search menu are immediately crashing my game to the desktop. This has been occurring since the 4.0 patch. I can select the search box with my curser so that my search item is ready to be typed. The moment I type anything, the first key stroke, Game disappears and I all have is my desktop. The crash is so fast I haven't been able to take a screen shot.

I remember this same bug on the live servers. It took the development team several days before they were able to fix it. I figured it was probably a widespread problem, so I kept quiet about it until after today's patch with no fix.

I'm using windows 10.

We didn't receive any other reports regarding the same issue and were not able to reproduce it on our side. Due to it, that is possible issue is on your side.
Try cleaning your cache. For it go to C:\ArcheRage\Documents and remove folder’s content (ctrl+A -> delete).
If issue remains even after, do a repair (start launcher --> press Repair button).

Problem was located. It can occur if you have Xeon or one of the new AMD processors with more than 10 cores.
We had it fixed but fix will be applied with the next server restart.

P.S. You are completely wrong about live servers fixing it within a few days, they still have this problem and it's not fixed on live servers until now.

Thank you so very much. I appreciate that a solution has been found. I do have an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x 16-Core Processor

We didn't receive any other reports regarding the same issue and were not able to reproduce it on our side. Due to it, that is possible issue is on your side.
Try cleaning your cache. For it go to C:\ArcheRage\Documents and remove folder’s content (ctrl+A -> delete).
If issue remains even after, do a repair (start launcher --> press Repair button).
I have similar problem with the menu the storage chests recipes are missing
when i search for them via my regal handicraft table under the housing section /functional etc. i find only the recipes for 10 & 20 slot chests and they are unable to be upgraded on the progression scale it says in red text that the chests are non upgradeable and when i type Golden Teardrop storage chest in the
menu search window of my folio it says item not found

I have similar problem with the menu the storage chests recipes are missing
when i search for them via my regal handicraft table under the housing section /functional etc. i find only the recipes for 10 & 20 slot chests and they are unable to be upgraded on the progression scale it says in red text that the chests are non upgradeable and when i type Golden Teardrop storage chest in the
menu search window of my folio it says item not found
This thread is about game crashing to the desktop. But that issue was fixed a while back. Are you crashing?

i dont know if u would consider it a crash but when i click on the search button of the folio i get extreme lag and after 20/30 attempts my character lost the ability to receive XP its now stuck at lv 54+99% and after openinc about 300 coin purses still at 54+99%

i dont know if u would consider it a crash but when i click on the search button of the folio i get extreme lag and after 20/30 attempts my character lost the ability to receive XP its now stuck at lv 54+99% and after openinc about 300 coin purses still at 54+99%
If you are not crashing, that is not a crash and not related to this thread issue. Please submit a ticket and explain your issue in details there.

Back