What's new

Infamy changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HNIC_Steamroller

As of the server restart this morning, infamy points gained for committing a crime have been increased 5x. I suspect this is a bug. If it was done deliberately, I can't find a place where it was announced.

I wholly disagree with this change as it discourages pvp.

Commits crimes against faction > complains that committing crimes comes with consequences that are harder to mitigate.

??????

Might not have been announced, but hell yes this should be a thing. Keep it in

Boy, it would be a cold day in hell before you actually managed to get a pack off me. Keep being a try hard green pirate though.

That's not a bug but a fix that we forgot to mention in our updates.

We received a report that infamy points are too low on our server and when we compared the information of what we have and how they should be in this game version, we've noticed that we indeed have them on a very low level. Due to it fix was made and infamy points were returned to normal level as they should be in 3.0b. Info will be added to updates thread.

The current points are correct.

This is some trino carebear anti-pvp nonsense that's going to ruin the game for many players. Changing this without adding a release note or mentioning it or opening it up for discussion in advance is a huge mistake and massive oversight.

Please roll this change back.

This is some trino carebear anti-pvp nonsense that's going to ruin the game for many players. Changing this without adding a release note or mentioning it or opening it up for discussion in advance is a huge mistake and massive oversight.

Please roll this change back.

It has already been added to updates. Will not be changed as now level is correct and has 3.0b version value.

It has already been added to updates. Will not be changed as now level is correct and has 3.0b version value.
This change is stupid. You're punishing people for playing the game instead of doing chores. This was a horrible, horrible decision when it was implemented there, and it's an insanely stupid decision to keep it on your server. You're not making fun, engaging gameplay; you're going to actively drive away the people that make this game worth playing.

I strongly recommend that you revert this change, for the health of your server.

You guys changed the mechanics and values on tons of different things to result in a better gaming experience. Just because this is how trino did it in 3.0b doesn't mean it's the right way.

I'm flat-out not going to play a game where I spend half of my play-time sitting afk in jail. I suspect you're going to lose a ton of players if you keep these changes in place. There should at least be a discussion here.

That's not a bug but a fix that we forgot to mention in our updates.

We received a report that infamy points are too low on our server and when we compared the information of what we have and how they should be in this game version, we've noticed that we indeed have them on a very low level. Due to it fix was made and infamy points were returned to normal level as they should be in 3.0b. Info will be added to updates thread.

The current points are correct.
Well, was fun playing... :) bye

I agree with the above statements that this will be game breaking and in essence does not allow pvp anymore. If this is the case I have no reason to play anymore or donate additional funds to he server.

You're not making fun, engaging gameplay; you're going to actively drive away the people that make this game worth playing.

sorry but you are not the reason people find this game worth playing. you're killing it by making new players give up prematuerly.
killing someone for a pack every now and then is cool but doing it 24/7 in DS because you have nothing else to do in your life is just sad.
i don't think what you people do is a bad thing, it gives the fire some fuel in this server and does indeed create a few nice pvp scenarios.
but as i said doing this all day long just gets boring and incredibly frustrating for those who cannot fight back.

now instead of complaining that it has been changed, you should be thankful that the infamy points were so low all the time and therefore making your "fun experience" possible for while it lasted.

Make a poll. If it gets more than 200 players for change reverse, we'll return it back.

this will just end up in him calling everyone or buying people to "sign" the pool to revert it. people who don't even purple will take part in it even though it doesn't affect them. it is a bad idea honestly. if you really want to see whether a lot of people are against it, you'd have to see a list of all known purpling players that have been taking advantage of the low infamy points.

This isn't a 3.0b change from live. It's a change from 4.5 on live.

If the intent was to align with intended game mechanics on live, then this was done in error.

Revert this change and we can discuss it if/when this server ever gets 4.5.

Man, all I'm hearing is "waaaah, we want to hide behind killing our own faction without actually being pirates".

If you shot and killed someone IRL, you'd be punished, likely for the rest of your life.

Honestly, anti-faction activities should have been at minimum this harsh from the get go. The jail system is a joke, because it doesn't discourage you from being a dick piston to your own faction. Most people get off with killing their own faction, and when they do get jailed it's for a measly 20 minutes. Yea, *real* big punishment there.

You wanna rob and steal from your own faction? Deal with the consequences. There are plenty of reds, pirates, and player nation to rob. You know, the way the game was DESIGNED to be played in the first place? Faction vs faction? Remember that?

I say keep the new infamy system. Might actually make the game better in the long run.

Man, all I'm hearing is "waaaah, we want to hide behind killing our own faction without actually being pirates".

If you shot and killed someone IRL, you'd be punished, likely for the rest of your life.

Honestly, anti-faction activities should have been at minimum this harsh from the get go. The jail system is a joke, because it doesn't discourage you from being a dick piston to your own faction. Most people get off with killing their own faction, and when they do get jailed it's for a measly 20 minutes. Yea, *real* big punishment there.

You wanna rob and steal from your own faction? Deal with the consequences. There are plenty of reds, pirates, and player nation to rob. You know, the way the game was DESIGNED to be played in the first place? Faction vs faction? Remember that?

Are we really comparing a video game to real life? If we want to go that route there are ways to cover up a murder so bring back the blood cleaners at a reasonable price at the general merchant and then I'm fine with higher infamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back