What's new

Infamy changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a "carebear" guild leader strongly opposed to this change, now everyone has to think twice about a little bit of purple fun in-guild because of randoms reporting the bloodstains or potentially sit in jail and miss out on stuff. It doesn't just hurt pirates, it hurts everyone since you have to weigh the prison time versus purpling up to defend yourself when you see faction pirates incoming or for a bit of fun with friends.

As a "carebear" guild leader strongly opposed to this change, now everyone has to think twice about a little bit of purple fun in-guild because of randoms reporting the bloodstains or potentially sit in jail and miss out on stuff. It doesn't just hurt pirates, it hurts everyone since you have to weigh the prison time versus purpling up to defend yourself when you see faction pirates incoming or for a bit of fun with friends.
Please bring this to the attention of your guild as well and get them here in the discussion please. :)

Make a poll. If it gets more than 200 players for change reverse, we'll return it back.
I cannot find a single poll on this forum that has anywhere near 200 votes. These conditions are unrealistic. The most active poll I could find didn't even break 100 votes total, and that's with allowing multiple votes.

I cannot find a single poll on this forum that has anywhere near 200 votes. These conditions are unrealistic. The most active poll I could find didn't even break 100 votes total, and that's with allowing multiple votes.

So basically the answer is deal with it?

That's why you got the duel option . This change is good as there should be some equal consequences when people decide to purple in order to steal. 10 infamy = nothing

Also I feel like it warrants mentioning, take a look at literally any section of these forums, and you'll find a post from trapwhre and/or vulgrr crying about whatever the complaint of the day is. These guys are hilariously whiny.

Lol no? Good try for the b8 though. Your stance on everything is to be as toxic as possible, so it comes as no surprise you're the first on the train to bitch and moan when a change that harms your ability to be a toxic turd is implemented. You even try to be "cool" and edgy by using racial slurs from behind that keyboard. Sad person is sad.

then it'd only be fair to revert all the custom changes and tweaks made in ArcheRages version of archeage too right ? because they haven't happened on live in 3.0b. Its only fair right

The custom changes that ArcheRage have made are within the bounds of the server. Events, mobs, and vehicles that come in later versions can't be brought in to AR for obvious reasons. But while changing infamy gain to match the values of later versions is within the bounds of the server's limitations, that doesn't mean it SHOULD be brought in to AR because the change itself was a poor knee-jerk reaction.

The only way this setup is even remotely fair for those involved is if the cleansing of infamy is also increased to match...but then what's the point of doing it in the first place other than to appease the carebears anyway?

That's why you got the duel option . This change is good as there should be some equal consequences when people decide to purple in order to steal. 10 infamy = nothing
There are equal consequences when people decide to purple in order to steal.

Spending half an hour AFK is not equal in any way, shape or form, for killing one person, which can be recovered from in a few minutes.

Is the administration going to continue to ignore the fact that this change was made in error? It was made because they believed 3.0b had this behavior. That's not the case. Revert this change.

6eUz32j.png

Increasing the infamy gain without any kind of announcement or discussion with the community was a mistake. I am in favor of reverting it simply because there was no warning or discussion about it.

That said, I think the infamy change could work if:

1. It encourages green pack pirates to become actual pirates instead of removing their gameplay entirely.

2. It doesn't punish people who purple to defend themselves too hard.

Pirates are more like a third nation than actual robbers, which seems like a waste to me. I guess they rob fishing boats and freedich packs sometimes, but that's about it. I do have ideas, but to keep it simple, they should be less punished for trying to rob packs on Nuia/Haranya. Instantly going to jail upon death is too punishing and I figure that's why pirates don't often try to do it there.

This change was originally made as we received the information that infamy points in 3.0b are higher than we have currently on our server. Due to it the following fix was made.

As the confirmation of change made in the later version was provided, we studied it in details. Due to it, decision was made to reverse the change. It will be applied within 5 minutes in game.

Discussion is closed.

The current thread showed that players have different points of view on the same topic.

Though, change was reversed right now due to the mentioned above reasons, we'd like to hear what players think about such change to be implemented. New poll was created by me here: [LINK]

Please follow and vote. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back