What's new

Inland trade packs

Thriem

Can we make inland trade runs more appealing. I think this would benefit several aspects of the game.

#1 give a new player a safe way to make gold (depending on trade run)

#2 give an additional way to earn gold effectively in comparison % wise to activities such as sunken ships and coin purses

#3 would lower cargo % if different types of packs are being ran. This would lower cost of cargo at trader

The majority of packs being run are ferts because the mat cost is within a reasonable range. You will notice packs with mat requirements within an acceptable range for players are the only ones being used which causes no diversity in the packs being delivered. This causes the % for cargo at the trader to never decrease.

My suggestion would be to lower some mat requirements to a time when trade runs were the most popular, keep labor cost the same , and raise the amount of gold per pack to an amount making all the time involved worth doing. If trade runs were more appealing then more people would do them and more materials would be in demand to buy or sell.

Please consider buffing trade runs and make it more appealing for the time invested in gathering or buying mats, crafting a means of transportation, making the pack, and traveling the distance to deliver the pack. I think lowering mats and boosting gold per pack would reward the players that do this activity for the effort involved.

*note i dont do inland trade runs but tested it the other day and in it's current state is pretty trash

I totally agree with Threeve. Trade runs need a serious buff in general. Right now, every single cargo outlet is at max price (26g), which makes running Cargo packs a chore, as there is no real income from that. The risk is high and the reward is almost zero, if you factor in the price of the cargo plus the huge amounts of labor required to buy and turn in cargo packs.

Running inland packs is also not worth it at all right now. The mats required are a lot for what you get in gold. For instance, Marianople to Two Crowns requires around 8g in mats and you get around 10g back. That's like 18-20g profit per run (9 packs with a Farm Freighter). If you count fuel and labor, then instead of having profit, you lose gold. We need to either get half the mats and labor or double the turn in reward for trade runs to be a viable way to make gold. Also, the percentage lowering from turning in packs needs tweaking (to go down slower). As for Cargo packs price, lowering the required number of packs so the price goes down is a good way to make it better. Maybe increase the reward too.

Iirc boosting tradepacks has been mentioned so many times before and it always gets shot down... But even with the lucky coin quest and the event quest on Saturday to increase tr motivation, cargo price basically does not change.

Reverting the changes from latest patches that ridiculously increased the required mats would be a good start, imo.

Moved your posts to a separate thread.​
If you can provide proper calculations and proves, why this or that specific pack reward needs to be increased or price reduced - provide it in this thread. If we find it reasonable, we will consider the change.​
But please no general replies about everything and nothing at all. Be more specific.​

Moved your posts to a separate thread.​
If you can provide proper calculations and proves, why this or that specific pack reward needs to be increased or price reduced - provide it in this thread. If we find it reasonable, we will consider the change.​
But please no general replies about everything and nothing at all. Be more specific.​

The com center packs for every area mainly. The gilda pack gets buffed in later patch adding 15g to the pack when gilda is used. The local lux and specialty packs have mat requirements that are too high and this was also an issue on live. Example: A gwen local lux pack takes 150 medicinal powder and 15 onions, most of these packs have a mat cost of 150-200 and a secondary mat that ranges from 5-30.

The average player that runs 9 packs will spend 1350 medicinal powder for 1 hauler. I am no pack running expert but that seems like a lot. The amount of labor involved to plant/harvest then break down the plant into the mat. Then the player crafts the pack using more labor and then travels to turn in pack using labor again.

I have max commerce and for the time spent and resources needed this activity seems very tedious and labor heavy for the gold gained. If we lowered the 150-200 range mat part of the pack to 75-100 and keep the secondary mat cost the same. I would also raise the gold given by these packs @130% by 2-3g. The gilda packs gold should be compensated for the gilda being used in the 10-15g range.

I think these changes would make packs worth running again and risk worth reward for pvp area run packs. This would lower cargo at trader opening up cheaper onyx making cargo runs more appealing to players by risking less upfront gold

Getting data ingame is a little difficult, as many packs are not at 130% to get same data for everything. For that, I will use this sheet for all turn in prices later tonight and calculate material + labor costs.

But Threeve is right. If we get the Gweonid pack for instance and check auction house, 150 Medicinal Powder is sold for 29.25g right now. I would have more profit if I sold Medicinal Powder on auction house, instead of using it to craft trade packs. On top of that, that way I won't even spend any labor or time to move the pack :)

Same goes for Marianople Fine Specialty. Note: Labor cost at max Commerce.

Marianople Fine Specialty -> Two Crowns
Ground Spice x180 -> 3.6g
Cherry x2 -> 0.7g
Craft -> 0.5g
Eco-friendly Fuel x1 -> 1g
Axle Grease -> 2.3g
Labor: 72 (30 craft + 42 Turn in)

Total Cost: 5.8g
Turn in price: 10.95g
Profit: 5.15g

If I decided to sell the materials on auction house, I would get 4.3g without spending labor and time to move the pack. I will come back later tonight with more data.

Getting data ingame is a little difficult, as many packs are not at 130% to get same data for everything. For that, I will use this sheet for all turn in prices later tonight and calculate material + labor costs.

But Threeve is right. If we get the Gweonid pack for instance and check auction house, 150 Medicinal Powder is sold for 29.25g right now. I would have more profit if I sold Medicinal Powder on auction house, instead of using it to craft trade packs. On top of that, that way I won't even spend any labor or time to move the pack :)

Same goes for Marianople Fine Specialty. Note: Labor cost at max Commerce.

Marianople Fine Specialty -> Two Crowns
Ground Spice x180 -> 3.6g
Cherry x2 -> 0.7g
Craft -> 0.5g
Eco-friendly Fuel x1 -> 1g
Axle Grease -> 2.3g
Labor: 72 (30 craft + 42 Turn in)

Total Cost: 5.8g
Turn in price: 10.95g
Profit: 5.15g

If I decided to sell the materials on auction house, I would get 4.3g without spending labor and time to move the pack. I will come back later tonight with more data.
That break down was spot on. That is what i mean for effort involved the gold reward is super low. That turn in price is close to 130% if i am not wrong, so maybe bumping up the gold a bit more than 2-3g for Com center lux/specialty packs after looking at that break down

It is not hard for someone to look up the mats required for packs, to see how ridiculous some of the numbers needed for them are. I try to run packs that arent popular(meaning that they have like zero turn ins at the trader) gweon commercial itself is 180 chopped produce for one of the mats, 180 is a lot for one tiny pack. I rarely see anyone running packs anymore because its not even worth it, I only do it because farming coinpurses bores me a lot. Really hop into game and check some of these things out, grow ur own plants, or buy them, make the pack, run it, see how it is. It seriously needs a buff.

As someone who did LOTS of trade runs (still doing them) I will share some opinions from my own experience.

First of all, lets consider labor needed to craft packs. With full commerce someone might say "just 72 because 30 to craft 42 to deliever pack". Well yeah but also in those calculations we need to add labor for gathering resource and proceeding it considering you don't want additional costs. For all or most normal packs that don't need gilda star you need 200 proceeded resource (dried flowers, trimmed meat etc). First of all, gather resource (lets go with trimmed meat and for that kind of best source is pig due to low price and getting more meat from full farm) One pig without feeding gives 15-18 pork and 10 pork gives 30 trimmed meat. Without any husbandry proficiency butchering costs 15 labor (but lets say you're lucky and have maxed husbandry coz you also do larders so it should be around 9 labor). So technically you need to gather 7 pigs for one pack. Now used labor is 72+63 so 135 labor per one pack. But that resource need to be proceeded so 3 labor per 10 pork, 21 additional labor used. Overall 151 labor per one pack considering you have famed 2 proficiencies. In best case (sanddeep pack to cinder at war) you will get 24 gold from it and besides time used to plant resources, gather them and proceed them you also need to spent time to deliever those packs.

But ok you can buy resources to craft packs but... You technically have to constantly buy them and each time lose 200-300 gold income per 10k proceeded resource. (something around those numbers. I would need to make calculations again in order to confirm it)

Secondly (also this is the thing I mentioned when it was introduced to crafting packs)
Gilda star
Once on discord I mentioned that people won't do gilda packs and if it would be considered to remove it again from recipe but I got response that "gilda stars need to have increased value so we will keep them in pack crafting recipe". And with increased resource price plus not increased value of pack turns out I was right, people very rarely do gilda packs, mainly just to do daily quests but other than that, never saw anyone using gilda for trade packs.

What would i suggest is to reduce amount of proceeded resource (even 80-100 would be much better and more optimal for people) and either remove gilda star from pack recipe or boost gold income from gilda pack.

Do the all normal packs need to have increased gold value? Not really in my opinion since reducing resources in crafting pack already affects price and income (with instead of 50 packs you can do 100 packs so quite more gold overall). Maybe some of the "weaker and less popular" regions could use some boost.

IMO increased resource per pack was implemented mostly to fight agains bots and gold sellers on live server. Here we don't really have that issue or I just didn't really noticed it (which means I'm blind and/or people here does a good work)

Also 200-300 income lose i calculated when buying resource in bulk and using all of it for many trade runs with freighter/any other vehicle

Secondly (also this is the thing I mentioned when it was introduced to crafting packs)
Gilda star
Once on discord I mentioned that people won't do gilda packs and if it would be considered to remove it again from recipe but I got response that "gilda stars need to have increased value so we will keep them in pack crafting recipe". And with increased resource price plus not increased value of pack turns out I was right, people very rarely do gilda packs, mainly just to do daily quests but other than that, never saw anyone using gilda for trade packs.

In my opionion, "gilda stars need to have increased value so we will keep them in pack crafting recipe" is faulty reasoning anyway, as gilda stars definitely do not have increased value by being part of pack recipes. If you sell gilda as designs, they go for 3-5g ea, whereas way back when I started on this server they went for as much as 10g ea.

If they meant "gilda need another use because influx of gilda is higher since daily contracts got changed to have gilda rewards", fair enough, I get that and I can agree with that, for now.

However, as of 5.3 there will be a new use to gilda, and then this second reason will be redundant as well. I'm sure people do not want to run gilda packs anymore when they can save them up for the new content that is coming up, see image below:

1616253569312.png

So not only are the resources a waste to invest in to craft packs. as explained by others in this thread, but also gilda would be a waste to spend on crafting packs.

I might choose my wording bad to gilda packs issue won't deny it

Anyways another reason to lower amount of proceeded resource for normal packs

To go with full freighter you need 1800 proceeded resource which really limits amount of runs you can do as well and without gold supply or big chunks of lands (which you need to pay taxes for) you can't really do much of income from it. As before trade runs were friendly for even new players, right now it's both labor and resource demanding so it's not really appealing for other players, especially when you need to make lots of trade runs to get some proper income and doing just 25 or 30 runs due to resource issue is not helping much

you keep writing "proceeded", @Lothed - I assume you mean "processed"?
Yeah my bad. Whoops

What is english at late hours or after work

Anyways someone in game asked me for quick calculation for halcy to two crowns yam pack. Lets assume person picked up wild yam or gathered it and decided to buy dried flowers.. Average price is between 3.2s and 3s per one dried flower

In order to make pack you need to buy 200 flowers which will cost 6-6.4g, pack will give between 13,5-15g so you lose almost half of income on just one resource. Assuming 3s per flower and buying 10k to craft 50 packs will eat 300 gold so instead of around 720g you will gain 420g for massive amount of labor needed to craft pack

On the other hand you lose lots of labor in order to prepare resources to craft packs which is why people prefer to not make trade packs

Last edited:
pack 5a.png

As per the spread sheet geololj provided the gold prices for the Aurorian packs are quite high. It is all about risk vs reward. If you want the better gold prices you run the more dangerous routes.

Back