What's new

Is It Time For A New Server?

Afaik aquafarms came back to live cuz you need lots of corals for obsidian gear now, not the spellshit orb but the potions? Handicraft will become more useful in 4.5, cuz of the t3 gems.

Maybe we need 4.5 after all to make it more interesting.. I just got double feelings about it cuz for me it was the beginning of the end back on retail ;-;

I don't agree. I don't want cyclical fresh starts. I don't want to go back to less costumes and decorations and vehicles to make. I don't want to gear all over again, build a car all over again, have to swipe all over again just to keep playing with population. Also, the game changes. I like where I've progressed on Rage compared to my 3 years on the live servers, and I only quit around 4.0 because I didn't have people to play on my server and sold out because of it. I didn't want to do the fresh start trash grab. Games change, and I'd like to continue to progress through the drastic changes.

I don't agree. I don't want cyclical fresh starts. I don't want to go back to less costumes and decorations and vehicles to make. I don't want to gear all over again, build a car all over again, have to swipe all over again just to keep playing with population. Also, the game changes. I like where I've progressed on Rage compared to my 3 years on the live servers, and I only quit around 4.0 because I didn't have people to play on my server and sold out because of it. I didn't want to do the fresh start trash grab. Games change, and I'd like to continue to progress through the drastic changes.
A lot of the people would probably be totally happy just having content from 2.9-3.0 brought back.

I think the dilemma revolves around alienating the current population of ArcheRage. The devs have said since the launch more or less that they don't intend on making a fresh start. If they were to go back on that statement, there would definitely be some lashback, despite a lot of players being pleased with having a new 2.9/3.0 server. Doing so would also displace a lot of the players that were content with playing on the current servers. It's almost impossible for everyone to be happy in a situation like this.

I'm sure there is a lot of money to be made potentially with a new fresh start, that being said, ArcheRage as it currently stands has proven to be a pretty good long-term cash cow business for the owners. Creating a new fresh start would definitely generate increased profit in the short run, but who says that they won't just end up in the same place we are at now, 1-2 years down the line?

One of ArcheRage's biggest selling points is that it's a free server where you can jump in, and play for a few months, or take a break whenever. There's no such thing as a subscription fee here and I believe that this aspect really promotes a longstanding "legacy" server where people can simply pick up where they left off versus jumping into a new fresh start because they have no other choice (due to the place they left off from having no population anymore).

Last edited:
A lot of the people would probably be totally happy just having content from 2.9-3.0 brought back.

brought back is different from starting over though x) + that we still have old content despite it being the 4,0 patch.

I'm sure there is a lot of money to be made potentially with a new fresh start, that being said, ArcheRage as it currently stands has proven to be a pretty good long-term cash cow business for the owners. Creating a new fresh start would definitely generate increased profit in the short run, but who says that they won't just end up in the same place we are at now, 1-2 years down the line?

What you describe here reminds me of the live servers heh:')

Yeah and look at AA now, its changed for the worse. So cycling through bad content patches and horrible skill changes with unbalanced damage values due to gems doesn't justify moving through patches. Other than zones/housing items, and costumes, nothing to the game is really drastic content changes. Its all just the same content with the same systems reworked 100x.

Probably the problem with AA. Instead of adding things to do, they just rework an old system or make old ones irrelevant. Still barely any content other than grinding and more daillies on current AA

Yeah and look at AA now, its changed for the worse. So cycling through bad content patches and horrible skill changes with unbalanced damage values due to gems doesn't justify moving through patches. Other than zones/housing items, and costumes, nothing to the game is really drastic content changes. Its all just the same content with the same systems reworked 100x.

Probably the problem with AA. Instead of adding things to do, they just rework an old system or make old ones irrelevant. Still barely any content other than grinding and more daillies on current AA

Costumes and cosmetics are endgame though, so IDK how we'll get more endgame if we can only get that from going up patches.

Back