What's new

Jason Wivart's ArcheRage review - Completely unfounded stupidity

I mean, if you're RMTing gear, sure. Be prepared to lose that gear. You know who you are. We do too.

I'm not sure about gear but I know a lot of people who have RMTing a ton of gold and nothing has been done to any of them. I'm not saying I even care all that much but let's call a spade a spade. There is a huge p2w aspect of this game.

I'm not sure about gear but I know a lot of people who have RMTing a ton of gold and nothing has been done to any of them. I'm not saying I even care all that much but let's call a spade a spade. There is a huge p2w aspect of this game.

report them please. The more reports the better. We need to know who they are so we can investigate them, as well as the methods they use to RMT

why we even giving attention to that kid, we all know its all b.s, he just mad cuz this pserver is poppin while he sits on his 10k$ investment on official server with little to no people to play with lool

report them please. The more reports the better. We need to know who they are so we can investigate them, as well as the methods they use to RMT

Report half the server? I find it much less of an issue than hacking and if they want to spend their money on gold I could care less personally. This was also always a problem with Trion too but I mean so many people do it you'd lose half your player base if you actually did something about it.

I'm not sure how any veteran player is oblivious to how widespread this is.

QI can confirm now it was not the FOV mod itself, but the FOV mod did fuck up purp's game and he had to go into the system.cfg to fix it. The admins are saying system.cfg is inaccessible and bannable... but do they not realize it's in your documents under your game folder??? Lol and it shouldn't be bannable its supposed to be there so when you can't even get into the game to fix a graphics issue ( I had one where changing the game to run into DX9 wouldn't let me launch it so I get to go into the system.cfg to change it back to DX11).
I had a problem with DX9 too (getting stuck on poem then crash, game didn't even load up) and changed it back to DX11 in my config file. Have not been banned so far. The whole story about the FoV mod causing your friends bans is sketchy. I had problems installing the FoV mod and tried to get it working. The readme said that I should try using QuickBMS and run the archerage file directly from it which resulted in the frickin tool extracting the whole game pak in the ArcheRage folder. I just stopped the programm and deleted the new folders. Later I found out the QuickBMS (tool that is apprently used to alter the game pak with the FoV adjustment) was not working properly so I redownloaded it from the internet and replaced the quickbms_4gb_files.exe in the mod folder. The patch.bat file worked after that and updated my game.

You see I did all kinds of shit to get the FoV mod running (trial and error) and I'm not banned... given that I had problems with it and tinkered with it more than I wish I had to being banned for using the FoV mod under whatever circumstances sounds like an excuse to me.

Report half the server? I find it much less of an issue than hacking and if they want to spend their money on gold I could care less personally. This was also always a problem with Trion too but I mean so many people do it you'd lose half your player base if you actually did something about it.

I'm not sure how any veteran player is oblivious to how widespread this is.

Or we let the bots go entirely unchecked because you don't want the half of the server to be banned. Because that's what this is coming down to. The hackers and bots you see are feeding main accounts which are selling the gold that is being bought.

I don't want people banned. I want them to drop thousands of dollars on this game and to RMT only to have all of their items taken from them. I want them to KNOW that we're watching them, and that the consequence for buying your stuff and paying the bots is to lose your "hard earned" (lol) items. But until we get serious about punishments for those who buy RMT the bots will forever exist, filling a supply for the demand of items that people who think they're above the rules of the game continue to purchase.

When you turn a blind eye to the problem you're entirely part of the problem as well.

Why would you ever watch, willingly, a Jason Wivart video? That kid is as dumb as rocks. He can't pronounce half the words he says correctly. Typically his videos end with an awkward trail off or just a flat out cut. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing, and his opinion is irrelevant. I actually hope the people who regularly watch his videos do get influenced by propaganda and don't come here. It's better for us.

"And this game is stealing content from Trion and Xl Games got remember Trion is bad but they brought Archeage to North America"..
I laughed so hard almost peed myself .... i can ever hear some employee from Trino " Now sit, good boy"

Idk I filed multiple reports one in particular on a player flying his water/flaming logs to "his" land with video proof of him fly hacking. Still no word on what they are doing. It has been 2 days and he is still freely doing it, and me over here has gotten a 24hr "suspension" for "players insult" which turned into a 14day ban for "suspicious transactions". Like wtf I might as well go back to my main account on the official server less of this bs to deal with.

Or we let the bots go entirely unchecked because you don't want the half of the server to be banned. Because that's what this is coming down to. The hackers and bots you see are feeding main accounts which are selling the gold that is being bought.

I don't want people banned. I want them to drop thousands of dollars on this game and to RMT only to have all of their items taken from them. I want them to KNOW that we're watching them, and that the consequence for buying your stuff and paying the bots is to lose your "hard earned" (lol) items. But until we get serious about punishments for those who buy RMT the bots will forever exist, filling a supply for the demand of items that people who think they're above the rules of the game continue to purchase.

When you turn a blind eye to the problem you're entirely part of the problem as well.

Then focus on the bots? If that is the root cause it seems to me punishing players is treating the symptom. I'm not sure what the punishment is exactly. If it's just confiscating the gold then maybe that is fair. If you're banning their accounts that seems unfair to me, just my opinion.

If you're banning their accounts that seems unfair to me, just my opinion.
I don't know if you're referring to RMT or botting here, but both are worth a permanent ban. Not only are you intentionally breaking a rule that is commonplace on most online games (so you can't even really fake ignorance), you're selling/buying "property" that does not belong to you.

I had a problem with DX9 too (getting stuck on poem then crash, game didn't even load up) and changed it back to DX11 in my config file. Have not been banned so far. The whole story about the FoV mod causing your friends bans is sketchy. I had problems installing the FoV mod and tried to get it working. The readme said that I should try using QuickBMS and run the archerage file directly from it which resulted in the frickin tool extracting the whole game pak in the ArcheRage folder. I just stopped the programm and deleted the new folders. Later I found out the QuickBMS (tool that is apprently used to alter the game pak with the FoV adjustment) was not working properly so I redownloaded it from the internet and replaced the quickbms_4gb_files.exe in the mod folder. The patch.bat file worked after that and updated my game.

You see I did all kinds of shit to get the FoV mod running (trial and error) and I'm not banned... given that I had problems with it and tinkered with it more than I wish I had to being banned for using the FoV mod under whatever circumstances sounds like an excuse to me.
The reason we thought it was the FOV mod at first is because the admins would not tell him what he did. They just kept say, "you know what you did" and he legitimately did not lol... he changed the values of the graphics manually. That's how he actually got banned. Still shouldn't be bannable, but whatever... ignorance prevails.

I don't know if you're referring to RMT or botting here, but both are worth a permanent ban. Not only are you intentionally breaking a rule that is commonplace on most online games (so you can't even really fake ignorance), you're selling/buying "property" that does not belong to you.

Just because it's commonplace doesn't mean it's a good rule. In a perfect world, maybe? Although I think it's still debateable. There's plenty of regions where buying and selling gold is not against the rules in most games. I'm not really sure how well that works out for them, though. I was talking specifically about RMT for gold.

This is also the same guy who was posting on the subreddit and official forums about how Celestra's letter was going to announce a Subscription-only server, I think it's fair to say that he doesn't have the most balanced point of view.

This is also the same guy who was posting on the subreddit and official forums about how Celestra's letter was going to announce a Subscription-only server, I think it's fair to say that he doesn't have the most balanced point of view.

He also swore that the upcoming Trion FS servers would be up in December, even replying to many who suggested it could be early next year stating why it most likely would be December. Celestrata has confirmed they are months out because they are "taking their time" with this one to get it right (lol).

Why would you ever watch, willingly, a Jason Wivart video? That kid is as dumb as rocks. He can't pronounce half the words he says correctly. Typically his videos end with an awkward trail off or just a flat out cut. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing, and his opinion is irrelevant. I actually hope the people who regularly watch his videos do get influenced by propaganda and don't come here. It's better for us.
I watched one of his videos when I started playing in 2014, and he kept saying 'Azayzulls' instead of 'azaleas'. Couldn't take him seriously after that.

Back