What's new

Kraken/BD Timers Feedback

Which Kraken/BD spawn timers do you prefer?

• New timers

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Old timers

Votes: 40 45.5%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread!)

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Lachesis

Good time of the day, ArcheRagers!
The current Kraken/BD timers have been in place for 3 months. I've seen a decent amount of player feedback on it earlier and would prefer a fresh opinion of current players if the current timers are working out for you and see if anything needs further adjustment.

Old timers:
Kraken
- 6:30 PM (Tues., Thurs., Sat).
The Black Dragon - 8:00 PM (Tue/Thu/Sat).

Current timers:
Kraken
- 6:30 PM (Tue, Sat), 10:30 AM (Sun).
The Black Dragon - 8:00 PM (Tue), 5:00 PM (Sat), 9:00 AM (Sun).

Update thread: [LINK]

This thread will be up for a few weeks. Please let us know what do you think! In a civilized manner, of course.

I think that the old timers were decent for that point in time where many EU players were actively playing, but the activity for content PvP was focused on the weekends. Given that it was hard even during the summer time for many NA players (myself included) to attend Sunday timers and maintain an actual sleep schedule, it seems that Sunday is catered heavily to those in EU/Asia timezones. Many of the players that the changed world boss timers benefited seem to have quit by selling their characters in favor of the EU server, or have simply stopped playing. Now that summer is over and these EU players have mostly left for other prospects, I believe it would be very healthy to the server's health to return to the old timers.

Proof that if you cry hard enough you really can make your ez dead server freefarm dreams come true.

Timer change has been extremely helpful for people trying to complete their dream ring questlines in timezones that made attending kraken impractical. As its fair to assume pirates are going to necro as many as possible to vote for a revert on the timers, so i would hope to see an alternate method for dreamring quest completion if that is the case.

Why is this even a thing? Objectively it's not going to turn into any form of productive result considering the entire server is about 300 people, only 20-40 of them actually play the game with content in mind and the other 200 or so just really hate Intax on a personal level for one reason or another, this is just a popularity contest with the "selfish minority" as the target of judgement.

Unless the votes only applied to people who actually showed up, or fuck, even play the server, this vote means very little even if what we want goes through.

What we see so far, the 20 bois who actually have a bd title who live NA, work NA jobs, and play on an NA server, voting to play this terrible game.
And 10 people who just got reminded for a monthly check to try and cuck Intax without actually playing the game or risking literally anything on their own behalf.

We haven't had "EU" contests since a week after the change, but we have stopped caring about logging in for half the week because you've turned the server into a single weekly quest on the weekend for anyone not a crippled potato.

Objectively, from administration point of view, as a turn key cash op, this entire situation is scuffed, because the only reason to have split servers is to split your playerbase to min-max your profits and press your player retention as far as possible with as little effort as possible. EU timers on EU server for EU bois, NA timers on NA server for NA bois = NA money from NA bois from NA server, EU money from EU bois on EU server. Unless this is a competetion between the two servers, doubling down on one side to kill the other while still paying overhead is just poor business logic, simple as that.

Beyond that, let the kangaroo court commence.

Proof that if you cry hard enough you really can make your ez dead server freefarm dreams come true.

Timer change has been extremely helpful for people trying to complete their dream ring questlines in timezones that made attending kraken impractical. As its fair to assume pirates are going to necro as many as possible to vote for a revert on the timers, so i would hope to see an alternate method for dreamring quest completion if that is the case.

isnt crying hard enough exactly what had them change in the first place? hyakki & co did so only to attend twice and then sell their accounts to go play on RU

They wanted boss timers changed one day a week. A vote was called, and a midweek change was voted on as it was the most convenient for people.

The results of that vote were then completely ignored so the devs could just do their own thing and move weekend timers all over the place to make it just horrible for everyone.
Yea i cant imagine why they'd move to a server with the timers to suit them after that shitshow.

No, they wanted a time where pn2 couldn't show up so they could get a free kill, they've actually admitted to this, it's not even remotely up for debate, there is no speculation, that shit didn't work out so plan b was to just leave the server, which was the suggestion originally, go play on the server with timers to suit you already, instead of fucking up one that's working just fine.
To this day, east/west/anyone not pn2 has seriously attempted any boss on current timers, nobody wanted mid week either, so that's just blatantly disingenuous.
If any of you actually wanted anything, the solution has always been super fucking simple, just go take it, literally how the game was designed.

Six months of "We don't show up because we don't care about loot"
Six months of "We don't show up, running packs are worth way more than boss loot."
A month of "We don't show up, because times are bad for people playing from third world routers."
Now "We don't show up because NA is bad, wts 14k x so i can rmt on EU."

And over a year of me half asleep only showing up to free farm for the couple homies still putting up with this clown fiesta.

Now everyone that pushed for the changes are busy getting farmed on EU, and regardless of any changes made, or doubled down on, unlikely to undo the backlash said impulsive decision by people who don't play the game for people who don't play has caused.

Even the level of professionalism in how the "discussion" has been handled is kinda super scuffed.
I understand putting your foot in your mouth at this point doesn't feel good, but like... There's gotta be a point where sweeping shit under the rug and pretending everything is okay kinda stops panning out.

There isn't even any claim to be made on "Oh this group is bullying a monopoly, there's nothing we can do.", we kill kraken with like 5 people, we kill bd with half the number expected to be able to even be able to numerically do it uncontested. If you wanna play the game, just play the game, if you don't, you don't, it is what it is.

Old time, new time. Doesn't matter to 95% of the people. The fight is bland. Only the PvP portion is actually fun. The game truly has other issues that would be more impressive to fix that these same recycled or recurring to no end events.

I mean, I'm down, but that doesn't change anything, in fact just makes it even more one sided considering we'd be the only ones to have a camera on spawn, yall can't even get a raid together when you have a 3 week warning to prep, how would making it drop on a dime help anyone other than the sweaty head cripple pirates?

There are more votes than people who actually show up to this content, lol.
The people who started the thread about changing timers don't even show. Kind of says a lot if you ask me.

Also funny how pirates will "necro" as many people as we can for the vote but didn't the opposing vote have PN1 members vote and they've all quit?
Kinda weird.

I mean, I stated that. I can save us 3 weeks of voting.
20-40 people vote old, cause that's how many people actually play the game.
60-200 will vote new, because they don't actually play, and it doesn't impact them, but it is funny to lmao fuck Intax.

Without a requirement or standard for opinion, and not saying oh ho ho you have to kill it to matter, I'll settle for have you even died to bd in the past 2 months? If not, why are you voting. Cause that number, would be about the same as the number of people who've killed it.

We picked new timers so more people could show, and we're still the only ones showing, so why should other opinions matter objectively? This is the new time to show, and nobody shows, if anything, should follow the same logic and go back to the old timers for 3 months to see if anyone shows.
The answer is no, it'll still just be 14 bois and a dream every spawn, no matter what time.

TLDR even if you "fix" the game, you can't fix the players.

and why exactly players voting for old timers again if the majority of the server is EU/CH timezone, why you wanna revert it back to them to be 12:30AM kraken, 3:00AM BD for all 3 spawns

kraken dies 3 times a week, black dragon dies 2 or 3 times a week i dont see theres any timezone problem for the current group that kill the bosses, there is no reason for timers to be changed

Last edited:
and why exactly players voting for old timers again if the majority of the server is EU/CH timezone, why you wanna revert it back to them to be 12:30AM kraken, 3:00AM BD for all 3 spawns

kraken dies 3 times a week, black dragon dies 2 or 3 times a week i dont see theres any timezone problem for the current group that kill the bosses, there is no reason for timers to be changed
1. You play on EU server you shouldn't have a say since you originally got it changed on us then left after contesting 4 times.

2. Yet again you are showing your inability to understand time zones as you say its for CHINA yet the weekday spawns put is at 6:30am bd for them. (not ideal but better than what your group originally argued for . At least they have one 9pm spawn now after we adopted my suggestion for timers.)

Was some sweet irony that the original times your group wanted would've put it at 3am for china :)

Would like to point out I'm an oceanic player so only being 2 hours ahead of mainland china I'm well aware of what times the timers you want would be for them.

Frankly I do not care which way the timers go however personally I do think pandering to a group of players who have yet to make an effort to show or contest, especially after the trial period of the new timers is the wrong way to go about things.

Last edited:
now answer my question instead of focusing on other topics you kill kraken and BD weekly all 3 spawns why is it a problem now after 3months and want it to be reverted back

now answer my question instead of focusing on other topics you kill kraken and BD weekly all 3 spawns why is it a problem now after 3months and want it to be reverted back

Considering the original problem proposed by your group was attendance was low for these bosses and requested timers to be changed to improve attendance. So we had a trial period of new timers (I personally was never apposed to the idea) But now that it has been a while of these new timers we can see attendance has actually gone down. This should be more than enough grounds to revert timers until later on.

:)

okay i will say samething i said to you on discord in here again since you cant read, https://gyazo.com/f1854edaa25327af8f2827652a092530 so according to sparkle that was a permanent change made by an admin and it would be reverted back if it dont show themselves no effective but since its been 3months and from 5 to 6 boss spawns dies at the current timers there is no need for them to be reverted back or any side should complain

okay i will say samething i said to you on discord in here again since you cant read, https://gyazo.com/f1854edaa25327af8f2827652a092530 so according to sparkle that was a permanent change made by an admin and it would be reverted back if it dont show themselves no effective but since its been 3months and from 5 to 6 boss spawns dies at the current timers there is no need for them to be reverted back or any side should complain
Yet again you are completely ignoring the fact that changes were made to increase attendance and since then attendance has gone down. So therefore that should be grounds for it to be reverted until a reasonable reason can be given later on to justify trying to move them again.

Hard concept to grasp I know.

Back