What's new

Kraken Ink Sac extreme rarity!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel1

Are the Devs even aware that since 3.5 rolled out the common t6 obsidian crafting mat "Kraken Ink Sac" already stupidly too rare... disappeared from game? ONly the end game PN guilds can really kill the Kraken. I know they fixed the despawn bug, but these are the effects it had on the crafting gear upgrade situation.... Last year you could obtain a Kraken ink sac if you asked around for 10k to 15k. After 3.5 a few people were able to obtain a Kraken ink sac for 50k. That was when 3.5 first rolled out. NOW... Kraken Ink Sac is unobtainable at ANY price. Only members of Player Nations who kill the Kraken are even able to get it, and usually then only for legendary or higher weapon upgrades.

What gives Devs? It's an ordinary crafting mat readily available on the auction house on Live for 4-5k. The game is broken when you have to be a whale in a Player Nation to even have a hope of obtaining it.... or so wealthy, you literally are gouged to pay inflated prices to already whale-rich PN. Moreover, it's end-gear obsidian upgrade crafting mat, MEANING.... only the already imbalanced overgeared player Nation people are able to advance their gear. Not to mention it coincides with the erenor nerf that bumped brimstoned obsidian to best in game gear, when on Live AA, 3.5 introduced erenor originally to HELP the outrageous gear imbalancing which.... this server only seems to be making much worse.

Are the Devs even aware this is a problem? Why not increase either the frequency of Kraken spawns, or temporarily, the kraken ink sac drops? I'm not donating a penny more if I have to wait MONTHS now to upgrade gear because I don't have any access to a kraken ink sac mat... and won't for a long, long, long time... When Player Nation only can access this mat and it's so rare and needed they won't sell outside of PN... the game is broken for everyone else who needs it and needs to wait months for a HOPE of progressing.

It also doesn't help that obsidian gear permanently binds to you, and you can't even sell it to get your money paid for it... WITHOUT a Kraken Ink Sac to upgrade. Come on, fix the Kraken Ink Sac rarity, or let us unbind this useless obsidian gear that we have no realistic hope of upgrading until 4.0.

It is a seller's market and that is the reality of it, it's how it has been and how it always should be.

If you want an ink sac form a group to pvp with the people killing kraken and defeat them and take kraken, or join one of the PNs, or pay for the ink sac.

It isnt the fault of the devs, it's intended to be a limited resource.

If you have to join a Player Nation to get a resource which should be uncommon, but not rare, no less extremely rare and unavailable... then the game is broken. This kind of whales congregating into their own nation, and having the extreme top 1% gear and ckblocking content from the rest of the server... is what depopulated servers on live... and why there was so much outcry to end Player Nations. I would hate to see either scenario happen to Rage. But if people can't gear up due to unavailability of mats because team Whale exploited the best geared toons and hoarded it all to themselves preventing anyone else from gearing up to compete... then yeah, Devs should DEFINITELY step in. Moreover a crafting mat worth at most 10-15k should not be so rare, that the only people who can literally obtain it... are friends of the most powerful PN guild leaders... and who pay IRL to get it. Sure... that's a "seller's market" but it also kills the game.

Kraken ink sac is not "intended" to be a limited resource, it's a requirement for most T6 obsidian gear. Player Nations who deprive both East and West factions of the best geared players tipped the original game into horrible imbalance. No resource in this game should be so limited, it is under the sole control of the most powerful Player Nations who deprive the rest of the server so no one can ever gear up to even hope to compete with said PN's.

Last edited:
If you have to join a Player Nation to get a resource which should be uncommon, but not rare, no less extremely rare and unavailable... then the game is broken.
Three kraken ink sacs come into the game every week, the group who kills Kraken gets to choose what they do with the ones they get because that's their right that they earned. Hell, they could even just drag drop it out of their inventory because that's their choice to make.

This kind of whales congregating into their own nation, and having the extreme top 1% gear and ckblocking content from the rest of the server... is what depopulated servers on live... and why there was so much outcry to end Player Nations. I would hate to see either scenario happen to Rage.
This is completely false, you can look at the leaderboards and you'll see that there's a mix of players in the top 100 that evenly distributed across east/west/pn's. Both PNs have people of all gear score levels and neither are cockblocking any content from the rest of the server. PNs have existed on ArcheRage for well over a year now and if anything the population of the server has done nothing but increase.

But if people can't gear up due to unavailability of mats because team Whale exploited the best geared toons and hoarded it all to themselves preventing anyone else from gearing up to compete... then yeah, Devs should DEFINITELY step in.
The ink sac is involved in only a handful of obsidian pieces and that's it, no other boss mats are as expensive and for good reason. You are blatantly lying if you're saying that they are preventing anyone else from gearing up to compete given that there are several other gear paths you can follow. Ayanad, Erenor, and even other obsidian paths that don't require it. Again, the people who kill kraken get to choose what happens with the materials because it takes the coordination of dozens of players if there's PVP to fight off other groups and kill kraken. Having the devs step in over a non-issue wouldn't be good for the health of the game economy, and again this is an entirely non-issue.

Moreover a crafting mat worth at most 10-15k should not be so rare, that the only people who can literally obtain it... are friends of the most powerful PN guild leaders...
Who are you to say how valuable the kraken ink sac is? There are three that come into the game every week, and again it takes the coordination of dozens of players to PVP and win kraken, to sell for so cheap would be to devalue individual effort especially if it were to be sold out of guild. I've been in PN before, the people in PN who need it are literally just handed what they need for free so to strengthen the group while other things like gliders / lesser items are put up for auction in PN (where the gold is then distributed amongst the raid).

and who pay IRL to get it. Sure... that's a "seller's market" but it also kills the game.
RMT is not allowed and that's a dangerous accusation to make, if you have evidence and picture proof of such then feel free to share but otherwise you should be careful what you say because it makes the rest of your post look like you're really bitter and upset. :)

Kraken ink sac is not "intended" to be a limited resource, it's a requirement for most T6 obsidian gear. Player Nations who deprive both East and West factions of the best geared players tipped the original game into horrible imbalance. No resource in this game should be so limited, it is under the sole control of the most powerful Player Nations who deprive the rest of the server so no one can ever gear up to even hope to compete with said PN's.
Exactly three kraken ink sacs come into the game every single week, and that's it, and obsidian pieces are only worth upgrading to t6/t7 if they're legendary/mythic/eternal. Only a handful of T6 items even use kraken ink sacs. If it wasn't intended to be a limited resource it'd be a farmable mob, not one that spawns on a fixed time schedule. Again you can look at the top 100 list, there's highly geared people on all sides, and there's also multiple gear paths to follow that will get your character very strong.

Exactly three kraken ink sacs come into the game every single week, and that's it, and obsidian pieces are only worth upgrading to t6/t7 if they're legendary/mythic/eternal.
You realize since 3.5 the Kraken ink sacs faded away since there was a despawn bug on the kraken, and subsequently not one Player Nation is even SELLING the ink sac to non-Player Nation members. Also, the AVERAGE player does not own legendary, mythic or eternal gear. Last year on this server, I upgraded 2 epic armor pieces with kraken ink sacs, one cost me 10k and another 12k. Since 3.5 rolled out I heard one guy bought one for 50k and NO ONE, except a very few PN members whose gear is (Legendary, mythic, eternal) are even ALLOWED to have a kraken ink Sac. This item is NOT extremely rare on retail AA.... it's extremely rare here because 3.5 rolled out with a bugged Kraken, and now our greedy PNs are exploiting the resource and not selling it outside their own nations.

I mean THINK about it... it's a resource supposed to be available in game... and for the past few weeks, it hasn't even been available at all. Let me tell you... you got a problem if you think the average player has the best end game rarest gear... in fact, you sound like one of the Whales in the Player Nations. Gear disparity all but killed retail AA. All the upgraded patches were slow attempts to alleviate the imbalance that depopulated the servers, and finally ended in Hiram gear. Well, we got NERFED erenor, incredibly expensive to upgrade,.,, it's cheaper to Brimstone obsidian... and this means... only Player Nations will have this gear... There's no reason in the world the kraken ink Sac should have gone up in price over 5x what it was last year, so that regular players can't T6 their epic gear... or the few lucky peeps who managed to get a legendary weapon are stuck with it at T5, equivalent to a Divine ayanad... and only the elitest whates in Player Nation with mythics are even allowed to get an ink sac to Brimstone their already best in game gear... and no one else has any chance at all of coming close or has to wait weeks or months.

That's just going to kill off the game population since no one can compete or wants to join a PN or CAN join,,, the only faction able to do end game content or have access to upgrading gear... Player Nations. I mean, if we can't upgrade our obsidian gear anymore beyond potato... it's already GAME OVER, whether we want to play or not because we can't even hope to compete.

That's not a game design... it's an exploit and the Devs should intervene.

Last edited:
The ink sac is involved in only a handful of obsidian pieces and that's it, no other boss mats are as expensive and for good reason. You are blatantly lying if you're saying that they are preventing anyone else from gearing up...

RMT is not allowed and that's a dangerous accusation to make, if you have evidence and picture proof of such then feel free to share but otherwise you should be careful what you say because it makes the rest of your post look like you're really bitter and upset. :)
You're the liar and completely out of touch with how 1-2% of this server is in legendary buff armor and mythic gear.... when the rest of us who actually even swipe donations are lucky to be in divine and sometimes epic buff with an epic weapon, or a few maybe a legendary weapon.

The Devs should analyze what's going WRONG on this server. Ignoring the insane gear disparity already happening doesn't help. I don't have to make "accusations" I already know a lot of the early Pirate faction, and many of whom went Player nation bought gold for the best gear before these Devs even made it bannable.

Do you not think there's a reason why PN folk dramatically outgear everyone? Do you rationalize that it would be good for this game long term if only THEY had access to critical mats for upgrades? Where do you think this is leading?

Kraken bug is fixed.

Prices will eventually return to "normal" equilibrium eventually as a result.

Further, prices have increased by what feels like more people want it ==> therefore more demand for ink sac ==> therefore price goes go
Since there is limited supply that can never increase without outside intervention then of course price will go up, even very dramatically.

Further, Gold generation this patch increased at least 2 fold:

Based on server statistics, the generation of gold in 3.5 has doubled in comparison to 3.0. But you don't need to forget that many players were preparing to 3.5 beforehand and their resources haven't yet come to the end, so they won't need to buy new for some time.

Therefore there is inflation at play also driving up the price of items in limited supply like Ink Sac drop.

Eventually when those people all have had their fill, again, prices will eventually return to "normal" equilibrium.

Maybe you should just wait a few months for prices to cool down and that equilibrium to be reached again.

You are not wrong in assessing that due to the bug that the availability of the ink sac was highly restricted.
But even if you were in position to purchase it you can still be stonewalled into paying higher price if someone of with greater clout than you wants to get it. Obviously you forgetting that making friends is part of AA experience.

------------------------

I wonder how much of the market controlled by those who put Ink-Sacs into storage long ago and are just selling for over the top gold cost though... o_O:p

Kraken bug is fixed.
Prices will eventually return to "normal" equilibrium eventually as a result.
Further, Gold generation this patch increased at least 2 fold (which doesn't make an unavailable hoarded item available... and double the gold generation doesn't account for 5x the price inflation, but... the unavailability is the key issue behind this post).

Eventually when those people all have had their fill, again, prices will eventually return to "normal" equilibrium.
Maybe you should just wait a few months for prices to cool down and that equilibrium to be reached again.
So, "ordinary" (non-PN) players need to "wait a few months" for the basic crafting mat to be available to upgrade our gear.... yes, THAT is PRECISELY the reason for this post. Do the Devs even realize what's happening? because... waiting a few months to be able to upgrade non-transferrable obsidian gear simply to be competitive in order to play is like.... NOT PLAYING for a few months.

I wrote this post PRECISELY because if the Devs don't intervene... I can't progress, proceed or upgrade to be able to play... and because "waiting a few months" isn't realistic... it's time to find a NEW GAME.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, "ordinary" (non-PN) players need to "wait a few months" for the basic crafting mat to be available to upgrade our gear.... yes, THAT is PRECISELY the reason for this post. Do the Devs even realize what's happening? because... waiting a few months to be able to upgrade non-transferrable obsidian gear simply to be competitive in order to play is like.... NOT PLAYING for a few months.

I wrote this post PRECISELY because if the Devs don't intervene... I can't progress, proceed or upgrade to be able to play... and because "waiting a few months" isn't realistic... it's time to find a NEW GAME.

You are selectively quoting me as if you never read the rest of my reply.

You forget the part where I acknowledged that there's a supply problem:
You are not wrong in assessing that due to the bug that the availability of the ink sac was highly restricted.

You forget the part where I say that there is an increased demand. More people playing and more people wanting the item... Price will go up.

You are acting as though I am saying that only 2x gold gen ==> 5x price increase.
This is categorically incorrect and an inept mischaracterisation on your part.
I forgive you for being so hasty in your emotion.

Again.
All these mentioned factors play into it. The bug, lack of availability, whilst at the same time increased demand, more population, the gear nerf.
Why else would I mention them?

It seems that you are not taking too kindly to being told the facts as they are.

---------------

Also, funny how you saying "welp my progress is stunted, time to play a new game".

It's funny cause no matter what way you go about it your progress is stunted.

Crafted Erenor gear... you have to buy the LC if you want it now.
Or you can do the "ordinary" player thing and wait to earn your LC with the Qs... 160 days to make 160 LC at an average of 1 LC per day..... that's a few months.... not really any different is it?

Same situation, you want your Erenor now you pay for it now. Heavily.

Conversely, if you make Ink Sacs drop more people who are waiting or getting Erenor will complain and say that cost of Erenor should be reduced too... and then in the end still a no-win for everyone involved.

If you want your stuff now then of course it will cost you.
Heavily.
Because everyone else is in the same boat as you: they want it now. Why else do you think the system was made the way it has been.

SO EITHER way you go about it you are PAYING someone else some amount of gold IF you want the item as impatiently as it appears you do. This counts for Ink Sacs, LC, and all manner of other things.

You are selectively quoting me as if you never read the rest of my reply.
You forget the part where I acknowledged that there's a supply problem:]
I'm not arguing with you. I selectively highlighting aspects of your reply because they help to frame the important issue of what is wrong post 3.5 with crafting mats, upgrading gear, increasing gear disparity, imablance created by powerful PN hoarding rare and necessary upgrade mats and hoarding (cockblocking) them into ultra-expensive, clique-availability only game-breaking exclusion of the "rest" of the server.

[This is categorically incorrect and an inept mischaracterisation on your part.
I forgive you for being so hasty in your emotion.]

Dude... it's not about YOU. Your comments however help to highlight the PROBLEM which the post is addressing.

---------------

Also, funny how you saying "welp my progress is stunted, time to play a new game".

1. RN Ink sacs are not available at ANY price
2. Ink sacs MAY become more available in a few weeks to months depending on the PN first-come, self-serve itinerary.
3. I don't think that WHALING into erenor... whilst wearing currently un-upgradeable, and unremovable obsidian is any solution to "waiting a few months" for a relatively basic crafting mat to become available again.

All you're saying now is SPEND A LOT OF MONEY or WAIT A LONG TIME... and ask yourself if this isn't a poor implementation of 3.5... I mean wait or pay... gosh that sounds like Trino. And what happened there? A whole lot of people stopped playing.

Dude... it's not about YOU. Your comments however help to highlight the PROBLEM which the post is addressing.

Nope it's not. Where did you get that idea? :confused:
Being condescending doesn't mean one is making something about themselves. :p

Your interpretation is incorrect because like any one can see, you have responded in such a way that demonstrates YOUR misunderstanding.
And I was only pointing that out, but, no I guess you go all out on thinking I'm making it all about me.
In fact, this is more about you.

You haven't at all realised that I have for the most part been AGREEING with you on your point that the system is borked. But you act all smug, piciking out that the things that only "prove the point" further as though they were written in the contrary.

:confused::confused: Logic. :confused::confused:
That may be constructing that out of nothing though but you've given nothing that would allow a conclusion otherwise to be made.

The crux of the problem across the board has ALWAYS been access, no matter what version of AA is being played. There has ALWAYS been a hugely limiting component that is gatekept in some way or the other.
If you didn't realise and come to terms and acceptance with that already, then in your own words it's time to find a new game and that you should have long ago.

1. RN Ink sacs are not available at ANY price
2. Ink sacs MAY become more available in a few weeks to months depending on the PN first-come, self-serve itinerary.
3. I don't think that WHALING into erenor... whilst wearing currently un-upgradeable, and unremovable obsidian is any solution to "waiting a few months" for a relatively basic crafting mat to become available again.

All you're saying now is SPEND A LOT OF MONEY or WAIT A LONG TIME... and ask yourself if this isn't a poor implementation of 3.5... I mean wait or pay... gosh that sounds like Trino. And what happened there? A whole lot of people stopped playing.

I agree... whaling into Erenor is not the answer. Whaling into anything is not the answer.

I wrote that it has the exact same problem as waiting for a mat such as the ink sac. If you cannot get the materials, LC or ink sac and whatever alike, yourself then you are ALWAYS paying someone .
You are always WAITING.
THAT'S. THE. POINT.

And as HAS been said multiple times, during trying-periods like this you need to have the CLOUT to be able to demand to buy something. Otherwise someone else will still get it over you.
Look, even Plamp already said it:
Who are you to say how valuable the kraken ink sac is? There are three that come into the game every week, and again it takes the coordination of dozens of players to PVP and win kraken, to sell for so cheap would be to devalue individual effort especially if it were to be sold out of guild. I've been in PN before, the people in PN who need it are literally just handed what they need for free so to strengthen the group while other things like gliders / lesser items are put up for auction in PN (where the gold is then distributed amongst the raid).

And here...
But even if you were in position to purchase it you can still be stonewalled into paying higher price if someone of with greater clout than you wants to get it. Obviously you forgetting that making friends is part of AA experience.

-------------------------------------------------

Then lets also examine the socalled implementation in 3.5... Wait it's THE SAME IMPLEMENTATION as in 3.0 except now there's gear more paths avaliable, yet crucially across the board the same issue exists. Woah.

So there's a PROBLEM that exists no matter what.
IRREGARDLESS of the patch you are on.

I suppose we can just say that you were very lucky to get the items you wanted to purchase at the prices that you have quoted.
Last year.
Things have changed. Obviously dramatically. Be grateful. You're practically part of the upper echelon that you so disdain... :p:p

All the more that currently 2 PNs and 2 Factions vying for supremacy (or relevance) doesn't help.

The crux of the problem across the board has ALWAYS been access, no matter what version of AA is being played. There has ALWAYS been a hugely limiting component that is gatekept in some way or the other.
If you didn't realise and come to terms and acceptance with that already, then in your own words it's time to find a new game and that you should have long ago.
Does it occur to you that this forum is to communicate with the Devs of the private server to inform them of a real imbalance that maybe they can come up with a solution for? Why write a bunch of chit-chatty nonsense and then conclude I should just leave the game as a solution?

I agree... whaling into Erenor is not the answer. Whaling into anything is not the answer.

I wrote that it has the exact same problem as waiting for a mat such as the ink sac. If you cannot get the materials, LC or ink sac and whatever alike, yourself then you are ALWAYS paying someone .
You are always WAITING.
THAT'S. THE. POINT.
No you are out of touch. I have crafted 2 erenor already. It costs depending on the Lord coin pricing... and it takes 270 LC to make the blazing... approximately 41k. Note please that it is CHEAPER to buy 270 lord's coins than 1 FREAKING Kraken ink sac, current pricing 50k... and that even for 150k you cannot BUY a Kraken ink sac... because they are UNAVAILABLE except to a very... very few,,, members of player nation.

How then, is it the exact same problem? It's not even remotely close. Moreover... for a non-Player nation person... at this rate of unobtainability... it may take a few months for a kraken ink sac to even be available to buy. I've already crafted 2 erenors. Now, I didn't say I whaled to upgrade those erenors I sold them... but, the basic crafting mats are AVAILABLE IN GAME and not for too atrocious pricing... with the exception of the (since Erenor nerf) BEST IN GAME WEAPONS... which are Brimstoned obsidian of legendary or higher... and which, in a few instances as well as some leather and cloth gear require Kraken ink sacs.... available only to said PN.

Then lets also examine the so called implementation in 3.5... Wait it's THE SAME IMPLEMENTATION as in 3.0 except now there's gear more paths avaliable, yet crucially across the board the same issue exists. Woah.

So there's a PROBLEM that exists no matter what.
IRREGARDLESS of the patch you are on.

Kraken ink sacs were available BEFORE patch 3.5 I bought 2 of them. They were pricing between 10k and 15k. Do you understand that since 3.5 rolled out, Kraken was bugged and despawned leading to a backup demand... and moreover the Player nations, which are the only geared faction able to take down the Kraken are HOARDING the ink sacs so no one who isn't PN can even BUY them at ANY price?

So clearly something dramatic changed when they implemented 3.5 as Kraken ink sac became too rare for people to upgrade their gear and when it is available it's at stupid high price amounting to approx $200 USD worth of swiped credits.... for a crafting mat that sells on retail for 4-5k. Not all gear is the same. Erenor armor is stupidly not worth the insane price compared to ayanad and obsidian. Brimstoned obsidian is still BIS. This topic is about the EXTREME RARITY of Kraken Ink Sac and whether the Devs can step in to make them more available so they aren't making non-Player Nation people wait several months to upgrade their obsidian gear... in which time they will leave since they can't compete. Stop babbling please. (Caveat: "irregardless" is a double negative and improper grammer. Regardless is correct.)

suppose we can just say that you were very lucky to get the items you wanted to purchase at the prices that you have quoted.
Last year.
Things have changed. Obviously dramatically. Be grateful. You're practically part of the upper echelon that you so disdain..
It's not LUCK that an in-game crafting mat for upper tier gear is available, that's part of the game. And it isn't "bad luck" when a new patch rolls out and it virtually disappears from availability and is so uncommon with such a backlog of demand that non-PN people will likely have to wait a few months for it to become available again... its BROKEN... and it needs to be fixed.

Why should i be grateful for investing in gear? I'm not part of the PN which almost singlehandedly destroyed the live version of this game by cockblocking endgame content and hoarding upgrade mats to prevent any gear catch up because they "profit" from severe gear disparity. Who doesn't disdain that asshattery?

Game materials are generated in the game and only in the game. As such no additional external sources would be made.
The boss won't be made to spawn more frequently. It is intentionally made at 3 per week as Red dragon is there for the other days which also has a resource required for tiering up weapons.
Krakens drop amount won't be touched.

Whoever kills Kraken gets the loot. The person woth that loot controls what they do with it. Destroy it, sell it, give it away. The player has the control. The player controls the value. You say the item should be worth this much because it was such a price on live. Live is not here. Live might as well be an entirely different game with how different the systems are having merged Ah and an entirely different style of play for having an income.
Before 3.5 you say they sold at 10k. Whats changed sonce then. The player count has as it has always been going up and still is. More people more short term demand. Price goes up while supply can't.
Someone paid 50k for it. That was their choice. They made the decision that this item was worth 50k gold to them and them alone.

To end it simply. No changes to Kraken or the Ink sac will be made. Its a player market. Players can sell, buy, they can do as they want to with whatever material they want.

Game materials are generated in the game and only in the game. As such no additional external sources would be made.
The boss won't be made to spawn more frequently. It is intentionally made at 3 per week as Red dragon is there for the other days which also has a resource required for tiering up weapons.
Krakens drop amount won't be touched.

Whoever kills Kraken gets the loot. The person woth that loot controls what they do with it. Destroy it, sell it, give it away. The player has the control. The player controls the value. You say the item should be worth this much because it was such a price on live. Live is not here. Live might as well be an entirely different game with how different the systems are having merged Ah and an entirely different style of play for having an income.
Before 3.5 you say they sold at 10k. Whats changed sonce then. The player count has as it has always been going up and still is. More people more short term demand. Price goes up while supply can't.
Someone paid 50k for it. That was their choice. They made the decision that this item was worth 50k gold to them and them alone.

To end it simply. No changes to Kraken or the Ink sac will be made. Its a player market. Players can sell, buy, they can do as they want to with whatever material they want.

Sums it all up pretty well. Thank you

Does it occur to you that this forum is to communicate with the Devs of the private server to inform them of a real imbalance that maybe they can come up with a solution for? Why write a bunch of chit-chatty nonsense and then conclude I should just leave the game as a solution?

In the same vein then, does it not occur to you that this forum is also for fellow players to communicate amongst one another on the suggestions of others?
Which is what I am doing.
You yourself are replying to the mindless chit chat with more mindless chit chat, of which you have not realised is supposed to goad you.

Moreover, then:
It is clear that you are not interested in any reply other than one that confirms you're anecdotal observations and world view.

In addenedum to that, three users discussing something alone is no indication of any momentum behind the matter.
If this "problem" was as large as you have percieved it to be where is all the clamouring and community support?

No you are out of touch. I have crafted 2 erenor already. It costs depending on the Lord coin pricing... and it takes 270 LC to make the blazing... approximately 41k. Note please that it is CHEAPER to buy 270 lord's coins than 1 FREAKING Kraken ink sac, current pricing 50k... and that even for 150k you cannot BUY a Kraken ink sac... because they are UNAVAILABLE except to a very... very few,,, members of player nation.

How then, is it the exact same problem? It's not even remotely close. Moreover... for a non-Player nation person... at this rate of unobtainability... it may take a few months for a kraken ink sac to even be available to buy. I've already crafted 2 erenors. Now, I didn't say I whaled to upgrade those erenors I sold them... but, the basic crafting mats are AVAILABLE IN GAME and not for too atrocious pricing... with the exception of the (since Erenor nerf) BEST IN GAME WEAPONS... which are Brimstoned obsidian of legendary or higher... and which, in a few instances as well as some leather and cloth gear require Kraken ink sacs.... available only to said PN.

Funny.
Later on you say that:
It's not LUCK that an in-game crafting mat for upper tier gear is available, that's part of the game. And it isn't "bad luck" when a new patch rolls out and it virtually disappears from availability and is so uncommon with such a backlog of demand that non-PN people will likely have to wait a few months for it to become available again... its BROKEN... and it needs to be fixed.

You essentially got lucky enough to buy the required amount of LC at a good price and fail to notice how the situations are the same as with the ink sac.
That situation is the ACCESSIBILITY.

Then lets add that that you say dumping gold into something is problematic. Whether or not you have the chance/ability to buy it in the first place, dumping gold into it is problem outright. Why else would you keep mentioning prices.

So as any sane person would do they go buy something else... They'll be much better off.
Then.
Right on cue.
You admit to dumping gold into something else (Erenor) to achieve a similar end as you started off with.
A similar if not the same amount of gold that is highly dependant on market price.

But, "that is not the same problem".
:confused:

Ultimately you are unsatisfied because it is not the meta-gear. That's why you want more ink-sacs.

Then maybe you should have gouged your wallet out.
Already managing 2 Erenors is such a short time... you could have easily paid any premium to get the ink sac to sate your gear desires.
But you did not. Clearly a mistake in hindsight, that which only the devil has.

I imagine that if you had you would still have copious amounts of buyers-remorse after the fact. :p:p:oops::oops:

Kraken ink sacs were available BEFORE patch 3.5 I bought 2 of them. They were pricing between 10k and 15k. Do you understand that since 3.5 rolled out, Kraken was bugged and despawned leading to a backup demand... and moreover the Player nations, which are the only geared faction able to take down the Kraken are HOARDING the ink sacs so no one who isn't PN can even BUY them at ANY price?

So clearly something dramatic changed when they implemented 3.5 as Kraken ink sac became too rare for people to upgrade their gear and when it is available it's at stupid high price amounting to approx $200 USD worth of swiped credits.... for a crafting mat that sells on retail for 4-5k. Not all gear is the same. Erenor armor is stupidly not worth the insane price compared to ayanad and obsidian. Brimstoned obsidian is still BIS. This topic is about the EXTREME RARITY of Kraken Ink Sac and whether the Devs can step in to make them more available so they aren't making non-Player Nation people wait several months to upgrade their obsidian gear... in which time they will leave since they can't compete.

Yes.
I agree. Once more.
I. AGREE.
Where did I disagree such that you would feel obliged to write a tirade on the matter?

Stop babbling please.
(Caveat: "irregardless" is a double negative and improper grammer. Regardless is correct.)

I will not stop babbling as long as you continue blathering. And that is my prerogative and modus operadi.

Irregardless of your regard for the use of the words regardless and irregardless the use of both is correct.
Yes I will talk about this irregardless of it being complete utter total chit-chat babble.
The etymology of irregardless is not the suffixation of the root word regardless. It is more a blend of irrespective AND regardless that has evolved naturally
Irregardless of your prescriptivist opinion.
Language always evovles. Though your worldview might not. Unfortunately.
Ergo, that is why it's very difficult to discuss this matter over your unmalleable mindset.

Irregardless of your thoughts on chit-chat and babble... You continue to partake in the same. Double standard much.

Finally on this matter, while I am not usually one to partake in such nitpicking, I will not be "schooled" on grammar by someone who failed to spell "grammar", instead writing the proper "grammer".

---------

Why should i be grateful for investing in gear? I'm not part of the PN which almost singlehandedly destroyed the live version of this game by cockblocking endgame content and hoarding upgrade mats to prevent any gear catch up because they "profit" from severe gear disparity. Who doesn't disdain that asshattery?

You should be grateful. Current players not in PN have no HOPE of getting anywhere. You said it yourself here:

So clearly something dramatic changed when they implemented 3.5 as Kraken ink sac became too rare for people to upgrade their gear and when it is available it's at stupid high price amounting to approx $200 USD worth of swiped credits.... for a crafting mat that sells on retail for 4-5k. Not all gear is the same. Erenor armor is stupidly not worth the insane price compared to ayanad and obsidian. Brimstoned obsidian is still BIS. This topic is about the EXTREME RARITY of Kraken Ink Sac and whether the Devs can step in to make them more available so they aren't making non-Player Nation people wait several months to upgrade their obsidian gear... in which time they will leave since they can't compete.

!!!!!

Obviously you can't see your lucky stars. You are LESS EXPOSED to the ass-hattery you so delineate on than most people due to your "luck".
Right place right time... these are all factors.

It is in the SAME contemprary as your claim that the top-geared players RMT'd in the early days prior to the banning of that practice on this server which propelled them so far forward so as to maintain their leads. They got "lucky".

It's not so different being able to purchase something that currently is unpurchasable.
With the added advantage that again, you less exposed to the ass-hattery you have so described.

---------------------------

@Sparkle

This thread is heading nowhere whilst attracting little to no community interest other than by the three selected parties that have generated discourse of little to no impact, again, with little engagement. Further, the original thread author has been unconstructive throughout the discussion by means of incessant negativity and unreasonable displays of inflexibility in their viewpoint.

Might we close it so as to put the matter to rest.

The broad and sweeping qualitative statement as you so presented prior is more than enough of a reasonable writ to qualify the shuttering of the matter due to its succinct address of all the contrapoints delivered in replies given that it was delivered in such a way that it appears to be the quantifiable stance of the development team.

But I do suppose we must wait for the official response of the head-honcho :oops:

No changes are going to be made to the Kraken Ink Sac as for now. If there were any changes in the later versions related to increased supply of this source, they will be made here as well when our server updates to that game version.

Also, let's keep our Forum readable, writing your posts in red color doesn't bring more attention to your words but may instead annoy other community members. Such posts were moderated (red changed to black).

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back