What's new

Kraken Ink Sac

The introduction of more Kraken inc sacks into the game

• Add a pack to abyssal which has a rare chance to have a inc sac as the reward.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Have kraken release an extra type of tentacle pack that rewards an inc sack

Votes: 65 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if that would affect the crazy price it has atm.. if the same people keep getting the loot.
look at rd ridges, theyre about 6k atm iirc, so if ur putting about 24-36 kraken ink sacs per week into the economy they're bound to drop in price

Pn1 recruits everyone with high gs so no one else has a chance at farming kraken lmao you guys are stupid enough to fight over a boss for hours and hours just for a chance to not get anything out of it

You dont have much of a brain do you Aviendha, if you were to do something for 1-10 hours average is 3-7 hours per kraken to sell the fucking item it drops for chump change. If I had any say in loot for the 3 sides that fight for it they would never get sold out of the 3 groups.

Pn1 recruits everyone with high gs so no one else has a chance at farming kraken lmao you guys are stupid enough to fight over a boss for hours and hours just for a chance to not get anything out of it
actually PN2 and Budget PN (before the east members went back east) both had higher gs averages than PN1

look at rd ridges, theyre about 6k atm iirc, so if ur putting about 24-36 kraken ink sacs per week into the economy they're bound to drop in price

I dont see how it changes much if the same people get the stuff and just hoard it and sell one at a time..

@CoNgO This is a warning! Make sure to avoid insults in your posts. Otherwise, forum account will be blocked.

How it's happening now:​
After the Kraken death, raid that killed the Kraken gets 1 Kraken Ink Sac.
Then appear Abyssal Crystals and a Whirlpool Isle Specialty Workbench. Interact with them and craft a pack Whirlpool Isle Refined Crystal. It can be sold to Relic Merchants for gold.
Whirlpool Isle Specialty Workbench disappears in 1 hour.
This is NOT how it's EVER happened in the history of ArcheAge, not on any of the live servers, not on here either. KRAKEN is not ABYSSAL ATTACK and never has been, Kraken Ink Sacs have NEVER been correlated with abyssal attack all. Killing Kraken has no correlation to the progression of the abyssal attack event. They are two completely separate events that start hours apart in the different locations of the game. The abyssal attack kraken has never dropped kraken ink sacs, and it's the kraken nobody is talking about.

As for speaking about whether this change should happen, I think it'd be better to increase the number of ink sacs kraken drops by 1 or 2 rather than add it to a new unrelated event like how RD drops a ton of ridges.

Not everyone is braindead enough to go fight a boss for 1-10+ hours for a drop this is a great change for those who wanna get geared
If you're not going to big pvp like kraken you don't need to get that geared honestly.

This is NOT how it's EVER happened in the history of ArcheAge, not on any of the live servers, not on here either. KRAKEN is not ABYSSAL ATTACK and never has been, Kraken Ink Sacs have NEVER been correlated with abyssal attack all. Killing Kraken has no correlation to the progression of the abyssal attack event. They are two completely separate events that start hours apart in the different locations of the game. The abyssal attack kraken has never dropped kraken ink sacs, and it's the kraken nobody is talking about.

As for speaking about whether this change should happen, I think it'd be better to increase the number of ink sacs kraken drops by 1 or 2 rather than add it to a new unrelated event like how RD drops a ton of ridges.

Why does something not having been done before have to mean it should not be done ever? I think it's an interesting way to improve the presence of this item in the game: a way that ensures different parties get it.

Also, this is private server with many custom changes, so why bring in how live servers never did it? Live servers never had titan with op loot drops either, live servers don't have the race chapters 20 and up with op rewards either.

Why does something not having been done before have to mean it should not be done ever? I think it's an interesting way to improve the presence of this item in the game: a way that ensures different parties get it.

Also, this is private server with many custom changes, so why bring in how live servers never did it? Live servers never had kraken with op loot drops either, live servers don't have the race chapters 20 and up with op rewards either.
You're putting words in my mouth I didn't say, I was only stating that the "HOW ITS HAPPENING NOW" is completely incorrect because that's not how it works mechanically, not even remotely. Kraken didn't have OP loot on live either, it had the exact same drops as here sans a lucky. I'm very open to custom changes and always have been.

You're putting words in my mouth I didn't say, I was only stating that the "HOW ITS HAPPENING NOW" is completely incorrect because that's not how it works mechanically, not even remotely. Kraken didn't have OP loot on live either, it had the exact same drops as here sans a lucky. I'm very open to custom changes and always have been.

I mistyped kraken while i meant titan, i fixed it.. too much kraken stuff in my mind atm ;p

still, you say it's incorrect, so I read it as "incorrect = never happened = mechanics are different = should never happen", seeing as you are so opposed to it?

Edit: basically, I'm open to change despite your explanations ;-)

I think this change is great, it'll add fun pvp to abyssal (I used to love that event but haven't gone in months). And there is finally a pack worth me full-buffing to steal! <3

Edit: And I really hope there's a server-wide message saying who crafted the pack: "Tempestuous has made a Kraken Ink Sac at the workbench, go zerg him!!!"

It was said in Discord that this is based on a lot of complaints, but people who complain about kraken ink sac availability--which I'm guessing is mostly east/west faction--also don't make an effort to get their faction to actually go to kraken. I think it's a little unfair to de-incentivise one of the few large-scale pvp events in the game based on that alone, or to assume that "people hate kraken and don't enjoy it". Not a lot of people are going to go to something they hate for hours just for a chance at a small split of the profit.

You've only been hearing the side of the people who dislike Kraken, because they're the ones who're going to complain to you--you're not going to receive any DMs from people for the express purpose of telling you how much they love Kraken, and yet this change is dismissing the opinions of the players who actually do enjoy it and potentially killing a major part of the game for us.

Reactions: Hny
They don't need to recruit 24/7 like pn1 does or team up with east or west to be relevant
wait who r u even? ur calling PN1 irrelevant and saying we need to ally east or west to win kraken, but if we allied west we lose every kraken, and yes were allied east atm, but in the 2 weeks being allied weve only brought easties once, and a few select ones that wanted to come for the pvp

Reactions: Hny
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back