What's new

Kraken Ink Sac

The introduction of more Kraken inc sacks into the game

• Add a pack to abyssal which has a rare chance to have a inc sac as the reward.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Have kraken release an extra type of tentacle pack that rewards an inc sack

Votes: 65 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you wanna tell me that you would've left Winter alone if they had kept quiet ? Yeah I don't know about that. Sounds to me like you are just making up an excuse as to why your people prevented us from progressing.
Yes thats exactly what i'm saying, when you announce your plans to the server and challenge both nations publicly before you're even established thats a call for a steam roll lmfao you're trying to make it seem like yall were victims in the whole situation and instead you just got put in your place like the pugs you've always been.

So you wanna tell me that you would've left Winter alone if they had kept quiet ? Yeah I don't know about that. Sounds to me like you are just making up an excuse as to why your people prevented us from progressing.
They didn't prevent you from progressing, your guild was too weak and frail to stay together in the face of any opposition. If anything it sounds like YOU don't want competition because you and your guilds have never been able to handle it.

This argument really does get tiresome and boring. The most organized and geared people are the ones in the nations fighting over the Kraken. How do you expect a bunch of people left behind to deal with the scraps of their respective factions to organize fights against the more-coordinated and better-geared people? Yeah, once in a blue moon the weak get one over on the big dogs, and every so often a group of people tries to step up and do something about it, but every time THAT happens the people that are on top just do something else to ensure they stay on top of the content, and then wonder why people don't want to try anymore and look for ways around the problem.

You guys keep saying "organize and come fight us" like the home factions are just gonna pull a fucking Exodia out of their back pockets every time they show up. Even if the weaker players win one Kraken a month, that's eleven out of twelve hours-long fights you're telling people "just show up and get fucked up by us" and expect them to thank you for it. You guys keep saying "show up and earn your keep" and yet those that are even a part of those factions controlling the content apparently aren't earning their keep because they're showing up to the content on a regular basis and still not seeing rewards. I hate to keep bringing it up but look at reset Halcy. PN1 allies with East and begins to help the East steamroll what used to be a fun and even fight. West barely gets their 10 kills in before getting rolled, and as a result the participation begins to dwindle. No one wants to fight a 20-minute fight on land getting completely fucking obliterated, and yet your responses to showing up to hours-long fights on sea is to do literally the same exact thing. For the few of us that want PVP in some capacity, we continue to show. But for those people who don't want to show up to hours of getting roflstomped, you can't blame them for refusing to agree to being fish in a barrel for your shooting pleasure without seeing something for their efforts.

And that's why I think the boss item "exchange" is a good fix, but that's not an option in this otherwise-shitty poll.

@Flipsy Im sorry that sucks that you dont believe you can come out and fight for something. That doesnt mean you should devalue an item in the game just because you cant get it. you dont HAVE to have a kraken ink sac to play this game or progress in this game. we CHOOSE to go out there and fight for it while you CHOOSE not to the item is MEANT to be fought for and the challenge of getting it balances out the reward.

@Lena_Love its not selfishness or threats it is a warning that if the abyssal event becomes worth it for us to show up to we WILL show up to it and as you and others have stated before you CAN NOT beat us. It is not shit talk it is not bragging it is not a threat it is just a fact that you and others have stated already multiple times. so if this change goes through what do you expect to happen? do you expect to get abyssal finished? do you expect to be able to craft your abyssal pack for your chance at an ink sac? I hate to crush your dreams but all that will happen as I have said before is you will lose another event to the player nations and then come right back onto the forums crying again about how we are selfish with loot. This change will ONLY make the PNs get more ink sacs compared to the factions end of discussion.

@Zecen The underdogs need to EARN their drop and their progression like the rest of us have being given a hand out isnt the way to play this game or any other game what you are asking for is welfare and it is welfare that you have not earn and do not plan on earning.

None of this AT ALL makes any sense you people are either asking for a hand out from the admins or want to make a change that just means the same people keep getting more ink sacs and you lose another event. CAN ANYONE tell me how that sounds like a good idea or how getting handouts from the admins just because you cant do a boss makes ANY SENSE. Anyone please someone with a shred of logic explain to me how this makes sense to you because the only way this plays out is abyssal gets denied and freefarmed by the PNs JUST LIKE KRAKEN or you piss off a large portion of the player base (PN1 and PN2) by throwing away all the efforts they have made and all the time they have spent doing content. Someone please reply with some sound logic because I dont think there is any.

All three dominant factions are recruiting daily, you join and show up to all content and earn your keep you get rewarded, its not a difficult concept to grasp, west will never be able to do anything because nobody wants to organize and work towards it, thats your own fault. You can message Nemisis, Fujicakess, Clumpmydumpdaddy for PN2
Lionheart, Daddy, Wulf for pirates
Joey, Cowboy, Murdock for PN1
There's always a way to progress in the game, suck it up and make the change, stop trying to be hand held through the game and put in the work like the rest of us do.

You've inadvertently proven a previous point I made. The base factions are being strong-armed into joining a group of people they don't want to join. There are maybe 2-3 people that are enjoyable to be around in both player nations, the rest have proven to be toxic asses. You're quite literally saying "either show up and get roflstomped for nothing, or join a different nation while making your home nation weaker and still show up and get nothing".

@Zecen The underdogs need to EARN their drop and their progression like the rest of us have being given a hand out isnt the way to play this game or any other game what you are asking for is welfare and it is welfare that you have not earn and do not plan on earning.

I've heard many a tale and complaint about being in a PN for months, getting bosses for months, showing up to all events constantly, and still being passed over for an expensive item like this to someone else. So people who DO show up to the content constantly get fucked. You want the people who get fucked to show up to the content to get doubly fucked? What?

Was wondering when i'd see you crying on here, you want to play with the big dogs you better come prepared before running your mouth, that was winters problem, they came in hot saying they were gonna put down the pn's like rabid dogs and they got washed out. Get organized before you doom yourselves by talking shit LOL

Okay, and Trickster is coming in saying "we're here to improve the fractured West" while openly challenging not a single soul, and the first thing we see after we FINALLY are able to rally the West to win a reset halcy and take over an OC that we haven't seen done in months, bam there's an alliance between PN1 and East to bring a recovering faction right back to square one. Are we continuing our attempt at bettering the West to the best of our ability? Yes, because I'm a stubborn fucking donkey and enjoy seeing the progress being made by all the leaders left in the West. Are you making a hilarious counter-point to cut down somebody else while completely ignoring the fact that even though no one talked shit this time around the same outcome still happened? Also yes.

@Flipsy Im sorry that sucks that you dont believe you can come out and fight for something. That doesnt mean you should devalue an item in the game just because you cant get it. you dont HAVE to have a kraken ink sac to play this game or progress in this game. we CHOOSE to go out there and fight for it while you CHOOSE not to the item is MEANT to be fought for and the challenge of getting it balances out the reward.

Is it devaluing an item to also point out the lack of logic behind the player-made pricing of it? In thinking about it, the outcry is about the availability of an item that is on par with a Crimson Hollow, a Garden Records, a Compass, a Fierce Vow's Blood, a Calamitous Inferno, among other items to make T6 gear that I can't recall right now. The outcry seems to be about the fact that all these items combined create the same-tiered pieces of gear that an Ink Sac creates, while all combined costing less than just one Ink Sac. I think your view on the reward of the Kraken is tainted in comparison to the view on what the reward of the Kraken is to other people. Just because YOU have better gear than what the Kraken drops doesn't mean it's worthless to others not in your same boat (pun semi-intended). You view the Ink Sac as the prize because your gear is leaps and bounds better than what it drops. But for others, they don't care about the gear Kraken drops more than the Ink Sac. And yet because of the imbalance in frequency between Anthalon/Morph/Vyrava/Meina/Glenn/etc. spawning and being killed vs the infrequency of Kraken being killed, this complaint has arisen. I believe it has become a question of "why is every other item in T6 worth a large fraction less than this one item by comparison?" and a request of "let's fix this", yet the response that keeps being given by the top geared people is "come fight us for it" as if you don't already all steamroll the living shit out of the West and East already at most other content.

Is it devaluing an item to also point out the lack of logic behind the player-made pricing of it? In thinking about it, the outcry is about the availability of an item that is on par with a Crimson Hollow, a Garden Records, a Compass, a Fierce Vow's Blood, a Calamitous Inferno, among other items to make T6 gear that I can't recall right now. The outcry seems to be about the fact that all these items combined create the same pieces of gear that an Ink Sac creates, while all combined costing less than just one Ink Sac. I think your view on the reward of the Kraken is tainted in comparison to the view on what the reward of the Kraken is to other people. Just because YOU have better gear than what the Kraken drops doesn't mean it's worthless to others not in your same boat (pun semi-intended). You view the Ink Sac as the prize because your gear is leaps and bounds better than what it drops. But for others, they don't care about the gear Kraken drops more than the Ink Sac. And yet because of the imbalance in frequency between Anthalon/Morph/Vyrava/Meina/Glenn/etc. spawning and being killed vs the infrequency of Kraken being killed, this complaint has arisen. I believe it has become a question of "why is every other item in T6 worth a large fraction less than this one item by comparison?" and a request of "let's fix this", yet the response that keeps being given by the top PVPers is "come fight us for it" as if you don't already all steamroll the living shit out of the West and East already at most other content.

@Flipsy Every single boss you have mentioned spawns more frequently and is less contested than Kraken. The value is based on the effort put into killing the boss while winning the pvp. You will devalue the item by simply wanting more to be put into the game from other events. It is very simple it is HARDER to kill kraken than it is to kill any other boss you listed AND it spawns less. You are asking for a fucking hand out from admins dont try to hide it behind anything other than what it is. There is nothing to fix because it is the way it is meant to be just like you cant go to a vendor and buy a mythic weapon sometimes you need to EARN your progression. If you are stuck do not try to make the admins change the game to tailor to YOU. You need to change your gameplay to make yourself progress.

@Flipsy Every single boss you have mentioned spawns more frequently and is less contested than Kraken. The value is based on the effort put into killing the boss while winning the pvp. You will devalue the item by simply wanting more to be put into the game from other events. It is very simple it is HARDER to kill kraken than it is to kill any other boss you listed AND it spawns less. You are asking for a fucking hand out from admins dont try to hide it behind anything other than what it is. There is nothing to fix because it is the way it is meant to be just like you cant go to a vendor and buy a mythic weapon sometimes you need to EARN your progression. If you are stuck do not try to make the admins change the game to tailor to YOU. You need to change your gameplay to make yourself progress.

Please keep in mind >> I << am not asking for anything, I'm simply stating what I'm seeing as the chief complaint among the people asking for a change of this sort and where it may be coming from. All the listed bosses spawn more frequently, therefore the request seems to be "make the creation of this item also appear more frequently".

Please keep in mind >> I << am not asking for anything, I'm simply stating what I'm seeing as the chief complaint among the people asking for a change of this sort and where it may be coming from. All the listed bosses spawn more frequently, therefore the request seems to be "make the creation of this item also appear more frequently".

The other bosses dont ONLY spawn more frequently but are also easier to kill. We dont want a boss that is harder to kill like kraken or twt to have its loot devalued just because people dont want to put the effort in to kill it.

You arnt worried about threats from PNs that have farmed the same bosses for months on end? You cant seriously think we wont farm another event while we are at it? GO AHEAD vote for option 1 at this point I've changed my mind about it. I want this change I want another event that a PN can freefarm at or deny completely. Drunken as it SPOT ON right now we are too busy with kraken to care about abyssal this gives us a reason to show up to stop the event. We will stay at a kraken for 10 hours and somehow you people dont think we will show up and deny you for a few hours until you either leave or the event ends? EITHERWAY we get another Sac that we wont drop the price on btw it doesnt matter how many we have. Those Sacs will sit in the guild bank doing nothing over being sold for a discount. So if you havent gotten it through your head by this point if you make this change you just wont be getting another event. Dont believe me? vote for it and thanks for giving us more gold.

Personally, I don't care what you waste your time doing. You need to spend a full day at Kraken to make sure nobody can get gear without you getting some outrageous price for the item, ok. You will need to spend time at Abyssal also to make sure nobody can get gear, ok. Just don't go around saying how much you want PvP when you're the one making sure it can't be fair. You guys only like PvP when you can buy your way to advantage and make sure nobody can get close to you in gear.

So do whatever you need to do to validate your existence. My vote for Option 1 just means you'll need to spend more time trying to control content. And I'll continue voting for anything that continues to force PN to spend more time on the game denying content until they finally realize that no-life'ing a Russian private server of ArcheAge might not be the best way to spend your limited time on this planet.

The other bosses dont ONLY spawn more frequently but are also easier to kill. We dont want a boss that is harder to kill like kraken or twt to have its loot devalued just because people dont want to put the effort in to kill it.

Cry me a river. 60k+ for one item to upgrade one piece of obsidian gear is ridiculous.

And the point is consistency. The other bosses spawn more frequently and are easier to kill, yet all items are involved in the making of the same tier of gear. All of them are associated with the same step of progression, but one is exponentially harder to acquire. That's like trying to make an armor set from Serpentis, and in order to get the gear to drop you would kill Carmila and Fangbow like normal, but in order for you to get gear of the same tier as what the other 2 drop, you have to fight Lerman with no armor on by only using Basic Arrow. That is inconsistent with the system laid out.

I'm still seeing the PN players trying to paint this conversation as people not WANTING to do kraken, when, as I said earlier, that simply isn't the case. It isn't doable for a vast quantity of people, regardless of how much they actually want the drop, because of the sheer amount of time required. Not a matter of gear (not as much). Not a matter of ships. A matter of "I don't have 6-10 fucking hours to do one event that has a supremely SLIM chance of getting me a drop I need". The effort-to-reward ratio is terrible, and again, people with lives just don't have the time to DO this stuff whether they want to or not. Stop trying to steer this over to a matter of people being lazy, you know very well that isn't always the case. Or you would, if you weren't so out of touch with people from playing video games for 10+ hours.

As I have already stated, I understand why y'all wanna charge 60k, 10 hours is a lotta time, but don't sit here and pretend like it's just easy to slot in 10 hours of doing fuckall (and I do mean fuckall, this is just a game, regardless of how serious y'all seem to take it) into ones day. Most people don't have that option. I like that @Blitzed cherry picked like two lines out of what I said (regarding people of varied GS pvping each other) cuz he knows the rest was right, so like the rest of the PN players, he'd rather try to steer the conversation to a point of faulty logic to try and look like victims.

P.S. @Blitzed, you keep going back to devaluing the item as if that isn't EXACTLY the purpose of this change to begin with. Maybe I'm wrong but it read like the devs are GOING to do something, and just wanna know what they should do specifically, so arguing "oh man but if they make a change to devalue it like they want, it'll (strangely, I know) devalue it!" feels kinda moot.

Please note that there was a time on this server (3 month period) where Glenn Mats (Experienced Adventurer's Compass) was going for 40-50k gold each, if they were even up for sale.

My guild / alliance couldn't even kill glenn contested or not for a period of roughly 1-2 months, and I sat on my ass with a legendary t5 staff that I couldn't upgrade...

I never begged admins for easier glenn mechanics, other ways to obtain the mat, or more glenn spawns each day. I went out there and tried to learn how the boss worked, theorycrafted new ways of attempting the boss, and ultimately sucked it up until I got the mat. I never asked for handouts and it's beyond me as to how people want the administration to alter this component of the game due to their entitlement.

Nobody is forced to make an obsidian armor piece or weapon that requires an ink sac, just as nobody is forced to go to kraken or join a player nation. There are mechanics in the game that allow for coordinated groups to lockdown content, and ultimately create shortages of resources that they can benefit from.

Furthermore, it seems that a handful of people ignored my post on page 6 of this thread or so, but in case you didn't catch it... The Obsidian T6 Recipes (Cloaked Wondrous) are changed in the 4.0 patch that we are expecting in October. The only items that will require an Ink Sac from October 2019 and further are T6 Cloth/Plate/Leather boots, which when compared to T5 equipment, have a laughable increase in stats that is absolutely unnoticeable in the grand scheme of things for a player.

So many of you are wasting your time here arguing over how we need to waste the administrations time to develop custom content and/or resources when the problem (if you can even call it that) will solve itself within a couple months.

Last edited:
7cbe9243050e4c24b3f78c51305da05a.png
e107d6746d0bb80d08481cfe5d6a347d.png
c6b99b96d7e8ef65aafd10895a05bd83.png
6a5eaf9f5277d28951066ee6be38d3cc.png
60774ff8ba2283c4ad2ef6a23a5a840c.png

None of this AT ALL makes any sense you people are either asking for a hand out from the admins or want to make a change that just means the same people keep getting more ink sacs and you lose another event. CAN ANYONE tell me how that sounds like a good idea or how getting handouts from the admins just because you cant do a boss makes ANY SENSE. Anyone please someone with a shred of logic explain to me how this makes sense to you because the only way this plays out is abyssal gets denied and freefarmed by the PNs JUST LIKE KRAKEN or you piss off a large portion of the player base (PN1 and PN2) by throwing away all the efforts they have made and all the time they have spent doing content. Someone please reply with some sound logic because I dont think there is any.
Asking for a reasonable price on a mat half the server NEEDS is not asking for a handout. People don’t mind paying. But there’s a huge supply problem here. On live that mat was 2k. Here you want to get 60k? It’s not some specialized item we’re talking about here. It’s a basic crafting mat. It was never meant to be so rare. You’re like the seagulls in finding Nemo. Mine mine mine mine mine.

Posting the maths again

50k / 35 (average raid of kraken kill) = 1,4k

1.4k / 4 hours of kraken fight (average) = 357g per person per hour

357g - 150g per hour on pots = 207g per person per hour profit

You can make way more than that doing coinpurses.

As an eastie, who came to the server late, I'm out there every kraken, fighting. My guild done Meina and Glenn and all the other shitty bosses to make income, we made alliances with other east guilds to bring out the numbers, when that didn't work we went pirate and go numbers from west.

Point is we've been trying our hardest to contest, fight for, and win when possible that boss which has given us an ink sac. Why should my and my guild's efforts over the past months to compete with these nations go to shit because people don't want to group up, get organised and do the same?

Lionheart

Asking for a reasonable price on a mat half the server NEEDS is not asking for a handout. People don’t mind paying. But there’s a huge supply problem here. On live that mat was 2k. Here you want to get 60k? It’s not some specialized item we’re talking about here. It’s a basic crafting mat. It was never meant to be so rare. You’re like the seagulls in finding Nemo. Mine mine mine mine mine.
Half the server "NEEDS" an ink sac? I think you are being unrealistic about how important an ink sac is.

Currently an ink sac can be used for:
- T6 Greatsword
- T6 Scepter
- T6 Lute (very little people use this) (miniscule stats)
- T6 Plate Helm (very little people use this) (miniscule stats)
- T6 Plate Pants (very little people use this) (miniscule stats)
- T6 Cloth Pants (miniscule stats)
- T6 Leather Cap Melee Version (miniscule stats)
- T6 Leather Boots Archer Version (miniscule stats)
- T6 Nodachi (bad version nobody makes)
- T6 Axe (nobody uses this)
- T6 Katana v2 (nobody uses this)

So 6 of the 11 potential uses for Ink sacs are already eliminated essentially, and all but two of them offer very little in terms of stat benefit (noticeable effect in PvP), the ones actually being noticeable that are actually used on this server are T6 Greatsword and T6 Scepter. Wow so only two weapon types of Obsidian at that, would you still say that "half the server NEEDS" this item?

Point is we've been trying our hardest to contest, fight for, and win when possible that boss which has given us an ink sac. Why should my and my guild's efforts over the past months to compete with these nations go to shit because people don't want to group up, get organised and do the same?

"24 years ago, I worked my tail off day in and day out until I finally saved enough to buy a laptop for $4,000. Now people are purchasing laptops that perform even better than what I bought back then for $400. They should be paying just as much for a computer now as I did!"

That's all I read.

EDIT: My point in the comparison was: My guess is you fought against a smaller gear gap than what is going on now. Times changed, circumstances changed, people changed. The power creep between competing forces changed while the event stayed the same. You're asking for a grandfathered situation to stay in an environment where it is no longer viable. There are more people, there is more demand, yet the supply is staying the same and being monopolized even further than back then. The gear gap is to this situation what technological advancements were to the laptop comparison.

We all fight for it so we control the market, how about y'all organize and come out to fight us for it, instead of crying on forums about it.

I dont cry fyi i just think the price is ridiculous for an upgrade of a lower tier than tier 7 obsi piece.

EDIT: My point in the comparison was: My guess is you fought against a smaller gear gap than what is going on now. Times changed, circumstances changed, people changed. The power creep between competing forces changed while the event stayed the same. You're asking for a grandfathered situation to stay in an environment where it is no longer viable. There are more people, there is more demand, yet the supply is staying the same and being monopolized even further than back then. The gear gap is to this situation what technological advancements were to the laptop comparison.
We did not fight against a smaller gear gap, the gear gap was still huge. The gear gap is actually smaller now. There also weren't fewer people; there were more.

Evidently you didn't go to Kraken when uwu was East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back