What's new

Laika’s Art Dump ✿

Laika

I’ve been doing art for a loooooong while. Although I want to showcase a lot of them, I thought it’d be best appropriate to showcase the ones I finished today, or after today.

So here is one I finished today. It took about 7-9 hours to complete (sketch, lineart, coloring, fx and such).

moonlight_duchess___laika_by_leannagarner-dbx49y5.png

(link to dA submission: https://leannagarner.deviantart.com/art/Moonlight-Duchess-LAIKA-720754781 )

I was looking at an art book that had art from Japanese artists and illustrators, and I experimented with mixing some of their techniques to make this drawing. Enjoy!

Tools Used:
Wacom Intuos3 (Medium Size)
Clip Studio Paint EX (For much of the coloring and linework)
PhotoShop CS6 (For the grass background, embroidery, blur and noise effects).

If I make more AA related art, I’ll post them here. For the next one, I think I’ll try something with a bit more movement in it!

Last edited:
Hmm... Not exactly drawn art, but a sculpture maybe? :D

3D printed (large) keychain addons! They are of the Vitalism and Archery class icons.

25550643_1036849989786976_365979870082561118_n.jpg

25550491_1036851663120142_2653991103586450611_n.jpg

I wanted to make something 3D printed out of those class icons, so I made these. To do that, I traced the DDS file (after being converted to a PNG) in Illustrator and transferred it into 3D Builder.

These are the traced icons (found in 3.0+ character creation screen):

25594355_1036684796470162_4982497082096493667_n.jpg

I'll edit post later when I get Sorcery and Battlerage keychains done :D

Last edited:
GH6qBGR.png

A few months back I drew a concept for a "personal airship".

I call this model "Sailfish", as it kind of looks like one! (Pointy nose, V-shaped "tail" and a fairly large "dorsal" sail).

This model would be much like a Clipper's stats, except that it goes in the air. It would be the fastest out of the airships I have designed in my mind, as it's small and lightweight.

The metal apparatus on the bottom of the airship draws mana from the air. It was modeled somewhat after one of the airship concept arts found in the credits of the game (the concept art featured a much more complex version). I used that idea to give an idea of how the airship would function (since electricity doesn't seem to be a thing yet, other than in Thunderstruck Trees/Logs).

Although it isn't visible, there are levers that the rider of the airship can pull or push in certain directions to adjust the angle of the back sail, as the back sail acts as a rudder. There is also rope that would be attached to the main sail (the vertical one) to raise it or roll it back up (this would probably make the airship uncontrollable, but since the sail would probably increase drag, removing it could potentially increase your maximum speed).

On this Sailfish model airship, one can place two cannons or other ranged weapon structure to deal damage to enemies in the sky. That being said, there are three seats on the airship, one for the driver, and two for manning the ranged weapon structure. Like a car, or any boat, those who are not using an object on board (steering, cannons, etc.) can fall off. There's... magical, invisible seat belts that come up when you are steering or manning a cannon :D

The metal plating on some parts adds potential stability since the infused mana could react with other mana particles in the air to create some sort of balance... Not too much of a physics person so I'm not sure how to exactly describe it ^^'

And, for the pointed nose - this structure is made of metal to piece through the hull or balloons of other airships, similar to how a sailfish hunts for their fish meal. This can be countered by using a protective hull on an airship. This airship, however, cannot have a protective hull since it will increase its weight.

If I create more drawings of my airship ideas, I'll post them here! They're fun to make :)

(Edit: My old IGN on the official servers was Percy/Perseph/Persephonia, so that's why the watermark I made has "Made by Percy" on it.)

Last edited:
I want one!! Pure genius as usual. Now go study. :)

Hey! I thought you weren't gonna let on that you're Percy, now you outted yourself. Phew, now I don' t have to worry about slipping.

I want one!! Pure genius as usual. Now go study. :)

Hey! I thought you weren't gonna let on that you're Percy, now you outted yourself. Phew, now I don' t have to worry about slipping.

Ahahaha I couldn't open the original file for the art to remove the watermark, so I had to make a note in there that I'm Percy x)

I think it'll be fine here, these guys are more chill. I don't think you'll run into the same weird situations you did before. If anybody bothers you like that, tell me and I'll heal the so hard they'll wish they were never born.

I love the flying ship stuff you've done. I showed it to my guild a while back, with your permission of course, and they loved it too.

If you have time to play, Laika, and want any of the tickets to change gender or appearance, I have a few you can have. I keep getting them from the RNG boxes and never use them. I know how you love to fiddle with your appearance in game. :)

I love the flying ship stuff you've done. I showed it to my guild a while back, with your permission of course, and they loved it too.

If you have time to play, Laika, and want any of the tickets to change gender or appearance, I have a few you can have. I keep getting them from the RNG boxes and never use them. I know how you love to fiddle with your appearance in game. :)
Thank you mama Kath :)
If I ever play again I’ll be sure to ask you, haha

Back