What's new

Land ownership and demo monopoly

Raistlin

Hello

We all know that on nuia side Shank and Godemodeon take about 99% of all plots demolished and hold them untill they sell them becouse taxes allow them to.

99% Is not an imaginary number , i have a list of all demolitions and there have been only 1 or 2 that those two players did not attend, and they have taken plots with almost a hundred other players around them.

Last night when castle content automatically got turned on, there were players in the textures with only small parts of their character being shown, and they were waiting for castle land to be released. Castle land will be taken by hackers and gold sellers about 10 seconds after it is released.
Only land that might become available is the land inside the castles.

The prices of land are not bright as well, for a 16x16 demolition you would have to gather about 500 gold,
24x24 and larger plots cost in thousands.

Also, there are players who on land rush captured over 20 plots ,and blocked much more, and are not using that land becouse taxes are ridiculously low compared to labor.

It is not a competition any longer ,it is dictated by ping, macro ,and land hacks.

I do not think any GMs care any longer, since most of the players are just saying " Buy land from them."

Why should GMs think any differently ,right? Since its only making some players quit the game becouse of locked land aspect of the game, and the rest are very content they were present for the land rush and safe from all of that.

@IronLady @Sparkle @Krowley @Ulfnaor

Is this how it is from now on?
Land will not magically become available, it will be even more scarce than it was, becouse no one offers solutions. GMs think demolitions and Castle content will make more plots available ,but they are so wrong.

Also, there are players who on land rush captured over 20 plots ,and blocked much more, and are not using that land becouse taxes are ridiculously low compared to labor.
Ive stated in another thread I have almost 20 plots and I started day 4 where I got a bit of free land and the rest I payed for. I have tons of land including blocked off areas I can make other 16s or 24s on. I did the same thin on retail.... turns out it has nothing to do with tax cert costs. I can buy them from either credits or the AH if I need to. You guys have made like 4 posts in the last week trying to discuss this issue.

Yes people with better ping will win land on demos, its always been that way, the best thing that can happen is GM's look into ppl always winning and confirm or deny macros/bots. If its not then good for them they made there profit that way, get over it already it wont change.

I also have nearly twenty plots, I got all of this a few days after the server had started. Anyone complaining about not having land obviously did not try hard enough or searched, because I managed TWENTY plots 5 days after server launch in windscour.

You really should stop complaining about the land issue, raising taxes won't do anything to me as I easily make thousands of gold a week so I can easily just buy the tax certs. Of course the land hacking should be solved, but you could just send a PM to Iron Lady and get things sorted out.

I also have nearly twenty plots, I got all of this a few days after the server had started. Anyone complaining about not having land obviously did not try hard enough or searched, because I managed TWENTY plots 5 days after server launch in windscour.

You really should stop complaining about the land issue, raising taxes won't do anything to me as I easily make thousands of gold a week so I can easily just buy the tax certs. Of course the land hacking should be solved, but you could just send a PM to Iron Lady and get things sorted out.

This is what i have been talking about ,the "Entitlement" ,first week players got it on a silver plate with almost no effort.

Nowadays for 20 plots you would need weeks of gold grind, even if you make more than 1k gold a day.

What land barons are afraid is the tax balance. But that is not the only solution as you said.

And no, there is not a single 16x16 available in the world, the only ones are being sold for about 500g a plot. And if you intend to place something larger than 16x16, better prepare for a hellish month.

New players in this game are disregarded, its like they dont even exist, only players that started this game on the first week exist in this realm ,and everyone else, is not important at all.

Ive stated in another thread I have almost 20 plots and I started day 4 where I got a bit of free land and the rest I payed for. I have tons of land including blocked off areas I can make other 16s or 24s on. I did the same thin on retail.... turns out it has nothing to do with tax cert costs. I can buy them from either credits or the AH if I need to. You guys have made like 4 posts in the last week trying to discuss this issue.

Yes people with better ping will win land on demos, its always been that way, the best thing that can happen is GM's look into ppl always winning and confirm or deny macros/bots. If its not then good for them they made there profit that way, get over it already it wont change.

Yes ! And that is exactly the issue, since land macros can hardly be tracked, there is nothing stopping the grabbers from using it.
Maybe anti-cheat update will change that, we can only hope.
It has indeed been like that on all the Trion servers as well, but the difference here is that both taxes from credits and taxes from labor are easily available, and week1 players can hold entire areas, while newbies can not even buy anything unless grabbers offer them at extortionate rates.

The lack of land available and lack of it in the future is real, and is turning many away from this server together with the lvl 52 block (which you guys did not have as well ,silver plate again) and if the castle areas get grabbed by gold sellers, only people playing this game will remain the baron lords, and chunk of other players will go back to Trion ,which no one wants.

Also what do you guys need 20, 30 + plots together with all the other you blocked in between for?

Working over 100x100 space of land takes all of your time and labor.

But i understand that holding land that you will never be able to utilise ,and that you do not even farm on ,or at least most of it, is what many players are attracted to in Archeage.

Thats why we have endless fields of empty farms and properties, cant even make them apart from the ones that will go demo, since more than half of the nuia is all empty or not built.

@Raistlin You have constantly been repeating the exact same line for a few weeks now. Archeage is a game in which those who play first are going to have a significant advantage, there is nothing that will change how this works without significantly changing the game.

Also those 20 plots are being worked by me and my family and friends. So its more of 5 plots per person when you think about it.

@Raistlin You have constantly been repeating the exact same line for a few weeks now. Archeage is a game in which those who play first are going to have a significant advantage, there is nothing that will change how this works without significantly changing the game.

You are a rare example ,like some guild grounds that utilise land, but you know what i speak of.

Indeed, it is not about the "First come ,first server rule" , that is the trademark of AA,

it is related to these 3 things

> There was never time you could hold so many lands in Trion since there it is tax balanced

> The winners of land demos were not just two players on the entire faction ,but at least a dozen

>You could expect that for newly released land anyone would have a chance to get at least one plot, that is not true here since land hacking and texture erasing is active

Basically ,content behind locked doors.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I mean even on live people were not guaranteed one plot, and land really isn't that expensive. I've seen some plots for sale in Windscour for only 300g

I think you should take the focus on ppl havin lots of land by normal means and focus on the players(scripters/hackers/we) that capture demo land and could ruin the auroria land grab for the rest of us.
If its like you said, and a couple of players take all the demos, than that should rise eyebrows for admins at least, you can argue what ever you want, the fact stands that is humanly not posible to have that much of a monopoly on grabing demo land(ping could make the difference, but they are not the only ones playing with low ping, thats like most of the srv that is NA) AND FOR SURE THEY ARE CHEATING, if your data is corect, even if they grab like 50%, simple math tells you the chances of them doing it without any advantage are low.

I do not change my numbers it is about 1 in 20-30 plots that those two players do not take, and that is most of the time becouse they are offline

99% of land taken by 2 players , not 80% ,not 50%

You could say i dont have my numbers right, but unfortunatelly i was there on too many demolitions to witness, and most of nuia saw them as well

Not to even begin debating what could happen with auroria land if east players (and it is known that east has even more hackers) utilise them to grab auroria entirely.

But from the sheer logic, one big chunk of players will quit the game, maybe third, maybe less ,who knows.
What is certain is, i do not want here to happen what i have seen on Trion.

I have also noticed the player shank being able to grab land within even a frame or two of the previous plot going down. I have really good ping to the server sub 20 ms constantly even being able to grab the land up that quickly after a demo sticks out as the land grab macro. At the very least it should be looked into by a gm.

I pulled up 2 16x16 in solz and cinderstone....5 minutes later somone placed a 8x8 in both spots..I'll check the name later today.

So, i have 70ms ping to my pc, i legit beat shank over the weekend on a plot. Granted he beat me on 3 other plots, but i did get 1 from him. It's not impossible, note that plot was promptly given to a guildy with no land (looking at you Zargo), who then got a TST on his first tree on it lol...

If you'd like somerthing "looked into by a GM" please report it in the bans and appeals section. Please be precise with information, including server times, account names if known, character names, details, images, etc.

GM's have their hands full with donations being down.
Macro exploiters are close to impossible to detect. Need wait anti-hack shield.

If land on auroria tho gets grabbed instantly, thats gonna be a much bigger problem than donations.

And i dont think "Report people below the map" will do the trick on this one.

There should be few GMs online when it happens, so that they can DC or Ban people they see ingame doing whats not allowed on the spot. Or we could have 2 weeks of bots and land macro grabbers selling us auroria before they get banned ,and in that time they will sell tons of gold back to the server and undercut ArcheRage team.

Last edited:
So, i have 70ms ping to my pc, i legit beat shank over the weekend on a plot. Granted he beat me on 3 other plots, but i did get 1 from him. It's not impossible, note that plot was promptly given to a guildy with no land (looking at you Zargo), who then got a TST on his first tree on it lol...

Even if they are not using macro, which they very well might not be, and have bellow 30 ping, there are all the other problems related to land, castle content, and taxes.

Even if they are not using macro, which they very well might not be, and have bellow 30 ping, there are all the other problems related to land, castle content, and taxes.
Send your complaints to XL then lmao.

The server admins knew what they were getting into when they started the server. You don't have to white knight them to try and serve your own interests. You can just try and serve your own interests and see what happens.

People with low ping, people with the proper land grabbing setup, and people who land grab a lot will always beat you out in trying to grab land. They are more prepared and practiced then you, and even a 10ms edge is all they need to beat you. Bring a lot of people to try and grab land and talk to some of the people who are prolific about grabbing land to learn some of their strategies.

Crying on the forums is just as unlikely to get you land as not showing up prepared is.

@Krowley, you cant be precise, even if you film them there is no proof, but the gm can check on them after they fix the donation issue,these guys are a major problem and should be dealt with fast, you demand us proof beyound doubt wich we cant offer , only the gm can check them maybe, but when 2 players get all the demo plots, what more proof do you want? they are fast? in evey cases when there are 10+players on it, only they get it? Neglecting few of these cheaters will drive away many people.

Back