What's new

Large scale PvP basics for beginners

Thriem

This week I will be going over large scale PvP basics with any west players wanting to learn. I am no expert on large scale PvP but i am willing to help people looking to learn/improve

What we will cover: raid position, opponent raid position, movement, focusing targets, Low GS being effective, proper use of CC, marked targets, and terms often used in voice

- raid lead may call "push" "hold W" "wrap right/left". When you do push through do you ever ask yourself what do i do now? Then start dps on first red you see?

*** these are typical "Pug raid" calls. There is nothing wrong with pug raids but they are less effective vs well organized raid that works together and have class synergy.

My goal: to help players that may not want to ask questions, do not understand certain raid calls, and to improve player confidence.
Help players understand class roles ( frontline/ initiator , healer, melee, and ranged dps) so that pvp dosnt seem like this super fast mess of people with "just attack a red"

** Again this is just a basic understanding of large scale PvP so players can begin to develop an understanding and build on that. In any pvp the conditions and situations can change very fast. The more practice the better you will react/respond to those situations.

I try to improve my game play all the time by watching lots of video clips on how i fucked up or what i notice that may give me an edge. I find that the more i improve the more fun i have have and anyone wishing to do the same please feel free to hit me up on Discord @ Threeve#0110

Last edited:
Hi! Are you still helping people learn about PvP basics? And, are there any basic requirements in order to participate?

Hi! Are you still helping people learn about PvP basics? And, are there any basic requirements in order to participate?
I am sorry for the late response. To answer your question yes. There are no requirements other than wanting to learn/improve to better understand organized pvp. The goal is that once players start to understand why certain things work in small to large scale pvp groups will have more fun/success. I am willing to explain in discord (preferred method) and show video examples by sharing my screen. If people wish to not speak but listen in coms that is just fine.

Anyone interested just dm me on Discord Threeve#0110 and we can set up a time to discuss some PvP stuff

Well today was a good day for Pirate faction. They managed to clean sweep content by denying BD to West and East. They also downed TwT and Kraken.

This was impressive and was accomplished by teamwork/communication. Considering they were up against 2 Nations with numbers ranging from 120- 140 reds.

I am not saying this to give Pirates "praise" because they already know they are the most fundamentally sound pvp guild on our server.

This should open some eye's for guild's and players. I know we could make excuses about people we were missing but pirates were missing people too. Anyone see Sasin? This is not a gear issue for West but a coordination and skill issue. No amount of "propaganda", "Boss Timer's", or T4 gear will change this. We have to be honest and admit we all got outplayed.

Where do we go from here? Well we just need to put the work in and practice together and be in coms more often. This is one of the main reasons i started this post.
If a group wants to improve we should be forming raids for anything and everything to get some synergy. explaining the basics to players that are not aware of the fine points of RvR.

What Pirates did today was a result of countless hours playing together and building synergy while communicating clearly with a common goal. If you say otherwise you are just hate'n because that shit was impressive, I just wish it was West because that video would have been fun af to make.

If you feel embarrassed after those L's that is a good thing. Question is what are you going to do tomorrow and after that?

Thank you to all that showed up (West, East, & Pirate) because that was close to 200 players PvP'n on a "Dead server" for 2-3 hours.
Do not be discourage just put in the work. I am still open to help people work on improving so DM me on Discord @ Threeve#0110

Back