What's new

Launcher crash

Mistell

When i click play i see this loading picture for 1-5 second and crashes... Tried to repair twice now and still do the same... what to do? Tried to run as admin but didnt help much

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    746.9 KB · Views: 452
Hey... I downloaded the torrent file of the game and got the same bug, but when i ran it again with admin i got in :)
Now i just lost my house and can't find the designs in my mail box or inventory :(

The game requires admin to run normally,
As for the house and anything else mails expire after so long and once lost are gone forever

Okay most just remember to run it on admin then but if i don't have any farms anyone, then the game kind is useless...

Same issue, once I got past turning off firewall, adding exceptions and turning off windows defender, repairing, installing the directx in the first reply, deleting the version file and relaunching. set to run as admin. splash screen, then nothing...task ends.

You need to reinstall with the torrent. The splash screencrash is the game not launching correctly

ok, sorta same issue here. this is a fresh DL and install of the torrent. I'm not sure. but I think there are some things missing?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

ok, sorta same issue here. this is a fresh DL and install of the torrent. I'm not sure. but I think there are some things missing?View attachment 8525View attachment 8527
You are missing launcher.exe and bin32 folder. Looks like your anti-virus removed some of the game files or moved them to quarantine.
You need to remove files from quarantine and add game folder, Archeage.exe and Launcher.exe as exceptions.

Are you getting a black screen or an error? If you are getting a black screen, what's the IP you are using?
neither: just the launcher, press play, Launcher diappears, green splash screen with art and some flavor text appears, process appears in the taskmanager, then ends. no windows events, nothing.

neither: just the launcher, press play, Launcher diappears, green splash screen with art and some flavor text appears, process appears in the taskmanager, then ends. no windows events, nothing.
You game doesn't fully load. Either your anti-virus is blocking it or you need to update your drivers and DX9.
You said you did it but something is still stopping the game from starting at your end. Due to it check your drivers one more time, reinstall DX9 again from HERE, enable your anti-virus but make sure to add launcher and folder with the game to its exceptions.

@wolfreix Try Repair, if issue remains, do the same as above.

ok, so I felt like I had already expressed taking those steps, but I recently did a tutorial for somone and felt the same effort was necessary here. I uploaded this video showing me taking some of the steps, then (on a hunch) using the win10 switcher to check the other windows desktops...and was amazed to find the window! Im not sure if it was disabling my antivirus that finally triggered that, or what, but you can see me constantly checking task manager to monitor the process...and it just started working. feel freee to rip my video and use it if it helps development in any way. its unlisted.

The issue you were having is entirely unrelated to Drivers or DX. DX does not engage at that stage at all and it is not AV related as you were always able to launch the game.
Dx issues are shown by that when you try to launch the game an error saying DXfile D3D9 or D3D10 is not found or something to that extent which is a corrupted DX file or version of DX on the system.
Launch error inside of the launcher is when the issue is tied to the AV denying the game from engaging.
The issue of the logo appearing that disappearing is in most cases a problem where the games file links have not created properly. Or in your case it simply was loading on another desktop pane

Back