What's new

Launcher says play, after being clicked does nothing for about 30 seconds and closes

Spankke

I just downloaded the game, I checked if I had directx 9, tried restarting my computer, and I've launched as admin. I am still unable to launch the game at all.

Whenever I press the play button, the launcher says something along the lines of "the game is launching" for a while.

After, it simply closes down and does nothing.

I am genuinely confused and at a loss.

Sjinderson

Staff member
Technical Assistant
If after you click play a splash poem appears and it closes on that you'll need to reinstall as your pack file has not downloaded correctly

Xenesi

I'm having a similar issue I think, I click play, nothing happens (no scroll or anything), then the launcher closes, I check my task manager, it says ArcheRage is there but barely using any power to run it, but nothing happens, I've tried both the Client and Torrent, with both having the same issue.

Xenesi

That was one of the first things I tested, but nothing changed at all, the Client reached the first 3 words of the scroll then crashed, but the Torrent never saw the scroll (spent almost 48 hours trying to get both versions to work, that's the furthest I got)

Sjinderson

Staff member
Technical Assistant
When you installed with the torrent were the setup files only recently downloaded or old setup files?

Xenesi

It was a brand new download, I made sure to remove all my Archeage files (only things left are my character templates and some UCC) before I downloaded on the torrent, just in case there was an issue.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can you send us your log file? It's in your ArcheRage folder ---> archerage.log

Xenesi

Ok, it might take a day or 2, I need to reinstall again (I had to uninstall to free up space, but I can get the game again), but I can get the log.

Xenesi

Ok I found a problem, my Archerage.log is empty, the date it has on it is based off when I first did the Client download, and it showed the scroll, got to the 3rd word then crashed, but even that is empty. There's not a single log for the Torrent version. I guess I can try testing some other things, like updating drivers then try another repair after that.

Edit: It looks like it was the driver that was an issue, my Driver was December 2019, I updated, restarted, repaired, restarted and now the game is finally opening.

Last edited: