What's new

Launcher says play, after being clicked does nothing for about 30 seconds and closes

Spankke

I just downloaded the game, I checked if I had directx 9, tried restarting my computer, and I've launched as admin. I am still unable to launch the game at all.

Whenever I press the play button, the launcher says something along the lines of "the game is launching" for a while.

After, it simply closes down and does nothing.

I am genuinely confused and at a loss.

If after you click play a splash poem appears and it closes on that you'll need to reinstall as your pack file has not downloaded correctly

I'm having a similar issue I think, I click play, nothing happens (no scroll or anything), then the launcher closes, I check my task manager, it says ArcheRage is there but barely using any power to run it, but nothing happens, I've tried both the Client and Torrent, with both having the same issue.

That was one of the first things I tested, but nothing changed at all, the Client reached the first 3 words of the scroll then crashed, but the Torrent never saw the scroll (spent almost 48 hours trying to get both versions to work, that's the furthest I got)

When you installed with the torrent were the setup files only recently downloaded or old setup files?

It was a brand new download, I made sure to remove all my Archeage files (only things left are my character templates and some UCC) before I downloaded on the torrent, just in case there was an issue.

Can you send us your log file? It's in your ArcheRage folder ---> archerage.log

Ok, it might take a day or 2, I need to reinstall again (I had to uninstall to free up space, but I can get the game again), but I can get the log.

Ok I found a problem, my Archerage.log is empty, the date it has on it is based off when I first did the Client download, and it showed the scroll, got to the 3rd word then crashed, but even that is empty. There's not a single log for the Torrent version. I guess I can try testing some other things, like updating drivers then try another repair after that.

Edit: It looks like it was the driver that was an issue, my Driver was December 2019, I updated, restarted, repaired, restarted and now the game is finally opening.

Last edited:
I've been having the same issue. I've installed the game multiple times from both the downloading and installing via the client and from the torrent. I have followed the technical guide to include exceptions for the launcher.exe, archeage.exe and the entire archerage.to NA folder, (having taken steps to delete and redo the rules after each install) and have restarted the machine and run repairs from the client each time and every time it simply say "the game is starting, please wait" and 30 seconds later the client simply closes. I have made sure all required files are present and not being deleted by antivirus and there is no archerage.log file present anywhere in the game folder.

Attachments

• Archerage.JPG
    Archerage.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 397
I have since, updated graphics drivers, tried turning off windows defender completely, had my ISP add the required files and folder to their exceptions list and I am still having the same issue.

Did you try to reinstall after you had all the exceptions set? Do you still have any issues?

I've been having the same issue. I've installed the game multiple times from both the downloading and installing via the client and from the torrent. I have followed the technical guide to include exceptions for the launcher.exe, archeage.exe and the entire archerage.to NA folder, (having taken steps to delete and redo the rules after each install) and have restarted the machine and run repairs from the client each time and every time it simply say "the game is starting, please wait" and 30 seconds later the client simply closes. I have made sure all required files are present and not being deleted by antivirus and there is no archerage.log file present anywhere in the game folder.
When you launch the game does this image appear on your desktop?
1586291419493.png

Secondly if you open task manager is there an Archeage process there at all.

If there is no image and no Archeage process then you have not setup the folder exclusions properly or been running the launcher as admin.

If there is no image but there is an archeage process the game is opening to a different window. Sometimes you can see it by pressing the desktops button from your task bar
1586291974196.png

It may appear under another desktop in that task view menu.
Or it may be loading off screen entirely.

If this image does appear watch the text that begins to light up the poem.
Watch for how far it gets in the poem before it disappears and tell us what line it got to.

I've tried every possible combination of install , re-install and exceptions with both versions...

Go to C:\ArcheRage\Documents and remove folder’s content (ctrl+A -> delete). Then try to start the game.

Go to C:\ArcheRage\Documents and remove folder’s content (ctrl+A -> delete). Then try to start the game.
There is no documents folder? I've attached the pic which shows the file path and contents of the folder. Both times I have installed from either the downloader of torrent this is what it looks like.

Attachments

• Archerage2.JPG
    Archerage2.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 379
On your screenshot you went C:\Program Files(x86)\Archerage\ArcheRage.to NA.
But you need to go C:\ArcheRage\Documents.

Back