What's new

Launcher says play, after being clicked does nothing for about 30 seconds and closes

Bayushi

I have just uninstalled it completely and reinstalled "as admin", redone all steps "as admin", and launched game "as admin" and it still does exactly the same.

Bayushi

I really want to play this gamer and I just can't understand why it wouldn't be working, and why there is no C:\ArcheRage\Documents.

Aviendha

I really want to play this gamer and I just can't understand why it wouldn't be working, and why there is no C:\ArcheRage\Documents.
Doesn't that folder only get created when you launch the game, which you have been unable to do as of yet?

Sjinderson

Staff member
Technical Assistant
You don't have the folder yet because the game doesn't get that far into generating it.

Tells us which of these 3 happens.
You press play. Launcher closes, no image appears on the desktop and there is no process in task manager
You press play. Launcher closes, no image appears on the desktop and there is a process in task manager for archeage.exe
You press play. Launcher closes, an image of a poem appears. It disappears before all the text can light up

Bayushi

None of those occur. I please play, above the play button it says the game is starting please wait, then about 30 seconds later it just closes and all process stop. See pictures.

Attachments

Sjinderson

Staff member
Technical Assistant
So it does do of them. It does the first one.
This happens only when something is preventing the game from launcher or outright terminating the launcher process.
The things that cause it are not running the game as admin
Not setting anti virus exclusions correctly. (Post your exceptions list)
Fault within the installation. Give you've reinstalled multiple times we can rule that one out.