What's new

Launcher won't start game

Father

Hello, I downloaded the launcher, and when I hit play, the splash comes up, then crashes.

I have repaired the files and redownloaded the game already, and got the same message.

I looked up online, and saw that dirextx 12 may not run with the game, so I downloaded an older version (dx9), however during the installation it tells me that it detects an older version of dx, and closes.

Any idea what to do? Is dx12 still not supported? If so, what can I do?

Hello, I downloaded the launcher, and when I hit play, the splash comes up, then crashes.

I have repaired the files and redownloaded the game already, and got the same message.

I looked up online, and saw that dirextx 12 may not run with the game, so I downloaded an older version (dx9), however during the installation it tells me that it detects an older version of dx, and closes.

Any idea what to do? Is dx12 still not supported? If so, what can I do?
Direct x versions are not like updates to each other.
They're independent of each other.
When it says you have dx12 it means your gpu supports upto dx12.
Dx11 will already be installed with windows and dx9 is something that is installed when you download the game through the torrent.

With crashing at the splash screen the cause depends on what line the splash screen disappears at.
If it closes at myth wrought age then its not dx and is bad install where you should download the game a new torrent source from the website

"If it closes at myth wrought age then its not dx and is bad install where you should download the game a new torrent source from the website"
That is the first line you crash at

I have a similar issue. My game crash after intro movie. I get a black screen and closes. I check anti virus and added exceptions also antivirus is off.
Reinstalled windows and worked then I closed game and same issue came back. Game was installed from torrent, direct one was giving me the issue that it closed right after the 1st 3 words. I have also tried a different antivirus, I had windows defender and now I tried acast but same issue. Can anyone help?

I have a similar issue. My game crash after intro movie. I get a black screen and closes. I check anti virus and added exceptions also antivirus is off.
Reinstalled windows and worked then I closed game and same issue came back. Game was installed from torrent, direct one was giving me the issue that it closed right after the 1st 3 words. I have also tried a different antivirus, I had windows defender and now I tried acast but same issue. Can anyone help?
Crashing after the intro movie is a connection issue in your end.
Crashing at the first 3 words is a virtual memory allocation failure.

For connection issue you can try a router reset which may or may not work where the other options are wait or use a vpn/ping reducer.

For the second fixing vma is rather difficult and not something that is recommened to be modified. As such the easiest method to resolve it is reinstall with the torrent removing any game files beforehand

Back