What's new

Let's clarify or Bans of 11/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few players ,known hackers using hacks openly are indeed still a problem, but easily corrected by manual bans.
If you spot them make a quick screenshot or recording and post on
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?forums/reports-ban-appeals.20/

As long as they use hacks ,others have a high chance of seeing and recording it, and away they go.

The problem is they can only ban people who are using FoV mods. They cant track down those hackers that can still access the game.
Normal people cant access the game while those hackers can access the game. Fair world

anti-cheat intrusion, warned few times ::::IGN:::: Bosvark

i run FOV mod and other then that if done nothing ? guest i need n new game then.

The problem is they can only ban people who are using FoV mods. They cant track down those hackers that can still access the game.
Normal people cant access the game while those hackers can access the game. Fair world

It isnt fair, and untill antihack shield is tweaked to allow only FoV, its reality.
On the upside, many of the people i knew are back into the game, they are manually white flagging them if they are on the clear.

It isnt fair, and untill antihack shield is tweaked to allow only FoV, its reality.
On the upside, many of the people i knew are back into the game, they are manually white flagging them if they are on the clear.

Even if they allow FoV or not that is not the main problem anymore. The problem is they cant catch those real hackers. So whats the point of anti hack system if you can only catch wrong people. Anti hack system is useless atm.

@IronLady @Sparkle - Please read this.

The only problem here is that people here got banned for irrelevant things.. things like remote mail, and sound (??) files.. Things are the totally no anyone's problem. The problem is the speed hackers/clippers/flying people - this was no addressed.
The people that will be problematic in land grab are the speed hackers, not the people who can access the mail from anywhere (200 credit item in the MP).
We all learnt now that the FOV mod we were using is illegal (used it on Trion server and never got banned) - we all repaired our folder and got a fresh installation. what is the reason to keep us banned? we didn't make any illegal money, we didn't interupt anyone and didn't abuse any system.
We did not get any warning or a kick before getting instantly banned. I really think the admins should take a step back from the people that got banned for FOV and additional mods they had (most if not all are irrelevant stuff), and just show it as a proof for the future that the files are being checked and only the official FOV changer should be used.
Banning so many people because of mods that are irrelevant to the issue the server is facing right now (flying/speeding hackers) - does not make sense.

Please recosider this. I can assure you that everyone who got banned will not have any mods installed (what so ever) - or they will obviously get banned again.

@IronLady @Sparkle - Please read this.

The only problem here is that people here got banned for irrelevant things.. things like remote mail, and sound (??) files.. Things are the totally no anyone's problem. The problem is the speed hackers/clippers/flying people - this was no addressed.
The people that will be problematic in land grab are the speed hackers, not the people who can access the mail from anywhere (200 credit item in the MP).
We all learnt now that the FOV mod we were using is illegal (used it on Trion server and never got banned) - we all repaired our folder and got a fresh installation. what is the reason to keep us banned? we didn't make any illegal money, we didn't interupt anyone and didn't abuse any system.
We did not get any warning or a kick before getting instantly banned. I really think the admins should take a step back from the people that got banned for FOV and additional mods they had (most if not all are irrelevant stuff), and just show it as a proof for the future that the files are being checked and only the official FOV changer should be used.
Banning so many people because of mods that are irrelevant to the issue the server is facing right now (flying/speeding hackers) - does not make sense.

Please recosider this. I can assure you that everyone who got banned will not have any mods installed (what so ever) - or they will obviously get banned again.
for real i agree with this. I was banned most likely for installing the wrong FOV Mod that installed a script into my sound file or some shit, it wasn't intended nor gave me ANY gain to anything. it was the wrong version of FOV mod. now im perma banned without any warning or chance to repair my install and get the "approved" version of the FOV mod that everyone else is using. GM's - if you answer my ban appeal im more then happy to provide the original FOV mod that installed the script or whatever into my sound file. It wasn't intentional and you could look for yourself at what that version of FOV is doing. im 99% sure that the reason im banned right now is because i attempted to find a solution to the original FOV Fix and upon installing different versions, i installed one that did whatever to the sound file. I am more then happy to use the other FOV mod, i hope they specify which one is OK and which is not.

So much trouble becouse of FoV, knew it would bite Admins back for allowing it in the first place.
Any tampering with game files can confuse both client and the shield, it is very rare that players who didnt use hacks nor FoV got banned.

Also ,only FoV is allowed anyhow, if you have teleport book mod, or any other, your ban will not be lifted. And for the people who did install wrong FoV ,easiest way is to just wipe the game and re-install while your appeal is being worked on, so that you dont end up getting blocked again after.

So much trouble becouse of FoV, knew it would bite Admins back for allowing it in the first place.
Any tampering with game files can confuse both client and the shield, it is very rare that players who didnt use hacks nor FoV got banned.

Also ,only FoV is allowed anyhow, if you have teleport book mod, or any other, your ban will not be lifted. And for the people who did install wrong FoV ,easiest way is to just wipe the game and re-install while your appeal is being worked on, so that you dont end up getting blocked again after.
already done. the issue now is being imminently banned.

i ain't even using FOV, only has 2 account in 1 ip. my account and my wife account. only using discord,Msi afterburner and auslogic boostspeed.

innocent people are being delayed to play the game, and we need to wait until they review our ban appeal to un-ban us . the we will get banned again.. this New anti-cheat system has failed us. still banned and waiting for almost 10 hours. NO REPLY IN MY BAN APPEAL,

Hello. One of my Accounts, besides Myrdd and Awake, is Euryale. I've deleted her, so i didn't mencioned her in the ban appeal.

I am banned for modified sound files, i guess? Well. I truly have nothing to say. All i have done was install the FOV's mods, but i can say that the first attempts the mod wasn't working. The "options" of the game could not be open. I think the instalation bat file corrupted some files and i mess thing ups. And thats it. Its the only thing i've used that can be possibly modify the files you stated.

Thats all info i can provide and sorry for the english, not my native language. I have no intentions to deny what i did, but i can truly say and that i have did NOTHING with intention to hack or gain vantage. I was ignorant. Im sad if i don't get my account back, but it is what it is.

I bet most of those ban on the "modfile scriptsbin/x2ui/option/sound_option.alb" reason downloaded and installed the https://www.patreon.com/keretus FOV mod. No doubt. I'm one of them. Already sent an appeal for it. And vouching for my friends as well since pretty much all of us used it with no attempt to hack nor even the knowledge of being able to do so. I mean, seriously, what the hell does sound option even have to do with giving us advantage over other players and be falsely accused of cheating. Anyway, I would appreciate when you get the chance to look over my appeal. I could at least argue our innocence in the case.

I do know that one of my guildmates that had been banned had an issue after installing FoV mod. He was unable to open options in game after installing it.

Could it not be possible that if something goes wrong with the script that installs FoV mod that other files could be modified by its execution? Tons of people (myself included) had the issue with FoV mods install script not running while installed in c:\program files and the work around was moving files to another directory, applying the patch, then moving everything to the default ArcheRage directory.

Just wanted to point that out that others may have had a similar thing happen and other game files may have been touched without them knowing. Seeing that most people banned for the sound file modification have only claimed to have installed FoV it is something you should consider and look into.

I do know that one of my guildmates that had been banned had an issue after installing FoV mod. He was unable to open options in game after installing it.

Could it not be possible that if something goes wrong with the script that installs FoV mod that other files could be modified by its execution? Tons of people (myself included) had the issue with FoV mods install script not running while installed in c:\program files and the work around was moving files to another directory, applying the patch, then moving everything to the default ArcheRage directory.

Just wanted to point that out that others may have had a similar thing happen and other game files may have been touched without them knowing. Seeing that most people banned for the sound file modification have only claimed to have installed FoV it is something you should consider and look into.
same thing happened to me, specifically the sound settings menu had become blank after installing one version of the FOV mod while looking for one that worked.

It's great to see cheaters getting banned, but I'm really worried about false bans.

Several people have reported getting DC'd from the game and losing internet connection at the same time. When they try to log back in, they find themselves banned.

This terrifies me, because I DC and lose internet connection all the time (I'm playing from Australia). So is there anything I can do to stop myself getting wrongly banned (apart from moving to another country :rolleyes:)?

@Sparkle
anti-cheat intrusion, warned few times ::::IGN:::: Judas

All that happened to me was me disconnecting, and then suddenly I get stuff like that I am attempting to use cheats while its just either my pc not working with me and lagging as hell or my internet disconnecting?
Like for example, yesterday before I got banned again, I only ported from Ynystere to Austera, and was walking around when I suddenly got the disconnected message, and when restarting again it took super long, and when finally loaded in it was suddenly like "you attempted to cheat or interfere with game"
I live in Europe so im not exactly close to the server either, so I disconnect a lot at times

Was super happy and hyped when I could play again but now I'm just really bummed out tbh :[

Same problem here. I play in window mode and have stuff like firefox, discord running in the background. Sometimes I get dced with the warning that I was trying to cheat, but never even attempted such a thing.

modfile scriptsbin/x2ui/option/sound_option.alb ::::IGN:::: Josney

I'd love to explain the modification, but I don't even know what the modification does, all I did was use the fov mod. I didn't modify any files in the game. Therefore I can't explain what they do...

Also like healz said, I play in window mode, but I don't know if that's related to files modification so... I'm not a programmer I don't understand anything about file mod

Hey @Sparkle

I think you could ask the people who were banned due to file modifications to provide their files ?

If get their files, you can see what they changed can't you ?
Maybe make the anticheat upload the files to a server once it sees it has been modified could help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back