What's new

Let's talk about the lack of pure PVP content

svntrw

Three things I'd like to know first

Why aren't people actively pvping?
What is the purpose of gearing to you?
Why do you just leave hostile zones after finishing content?

I'm just wondering what's up, this server specifically seems to enjoy pve way more than pvp content, those who do appear to enjoy pvp tend to be too stuck up to want to show for organised scrims, leaving hostile zones empty with not much to do than wait for the next cr gr to grief then port out.

What do you guys tend to to after content?
Afk?
Farming?
Or logging out all together?

How many that are reading this are willing to actually show up in hostile zones after content to have some fun pvp?

It seems that everybody that is asked to show up suddenly has better things to do than use the gear they've spent hours grinding in the first place..

For those of you who claim to be "too undergeared", there are many players just like you that you'd be able to fight if yall would just show up and organize.

I'm willing to even set up locations times etc for raid/group/duel pvp content that I think would be great.

In the end yes I'm aware some people are actually busy with irl stuff but srs would it kill ya to come pvp for a while somewhere instead of being ghosts

Add your opinions below please.

It seems

I'm just wondering what's up, this server specifically seems to enjoy pve way more than pvp content, those who do appear to enjoy pvp tend to be too stuck up to want to show for organised scrims, leaving hostile zones empty with not much to do than wait for the next cr gr to grief then port out.

Afk?
Farming?

How many that are reading this are willing to actually show up in hostile zones after content to have some fun pvp?

It seems that everybody that is asked to show up suddenly has better things to do than use the gear they've spent hours grinding in the first place..

For those of you who claim to be "too undergeared", there are many players just like you that you'd be able to fight if yall would just show up and organize.

I'm willing to even set up locations times etc for raid/group/duel pvp content that I think would be great.

In the end yes I'm aware some people are actually busy with irl stuff but srs would it kill ya to come pvp for a while somewhere instead of being ghosts

Add your opinions below please.
It seems people don't understand that PVP is pain free in this game, you literally loose nothing. Maybe try to remind them they won't lose gold or gear or anything. <-- is the only logical reason i can think of ...

Even tho West is not exempt East players had made an art form of keep running to avoid of PVP and they don't even have bad gear (less than 8k for example) which make it even weirder, again i do agree West have a lot of rabbits too but we seem to have more people willing to PVP outside halcyona where we become the AFK faction ... wait until 6.1 ... im gonna vote every mother %^$%$% i can ,,, i'll have my revenge ...

For me it's a time constraint issue, I'm juggling classes, a social life, and archeage all at once. That's without throwing new game releases into the mix or picking up stuff on steam sales. It's a matter of time investment/reward, it's why I've only bothered with 3 resets raids in the past two months. I only bother with halcy, castle siege, and diamond shores base defense, basically, if I don't feel like I'm needed I don't bother to show.

PUG raids just end up pissing me off, I see the same 5-10 people in the push while the rest of the raid is running backwards or worse just standing still. Presumably, opening the Windows 98 task manager inside their brain to shut down breathing, shitting, or eating to free up some grey matter for playing the game. I'll likely be rerolling tank in 6.1 due to my sheer frustration with the lack of frontliners and CC.

I think what I'm trying to say is, when I see 3/4ths of the raid mashing the S key instead of the W key, all I think about is the overdue paper I should be writing instead.

Last edited:
I only really PvP when there's purpose to it, I don't do much random fights out of nowhere because it doesn't interest me. I never run from a fight though if I know my faction has a chance of winning and it's not just getting zerged by the other faction.

Pvp is usually done in groups. A lot of times it is usually meaningless. The same old attack weaker players, they fly away to sneak back in to attack weaker players then fly away, rinse and repeat. If you are low gear score your damage isn't going to do anything. I don't want to play a cc class. I don't find staying dead for 2 minutes fun. The debuff after death is even worse. There is no point for me to pvp. I end up doing the Pve stuff i do like such as fresh water fishing.

Pvp is usually done in groups. A lot of times it is usually meaningless. The same old attack weaker players, they fly away to sneak back in to attack weaker players then fly away, rinse and repeat. If you are low gear score your damage isn't going to do anything. I don't want to play a cc class. I don't find staying dead for 2 minutes fun. The debuff after death is even worse. There is no point for me to pvp. I end up doing the Pve stuff i do like such as fresh water fishing.

If you are low score, you still can help if you are in a group by assisting and keeping a distance and been aware of your healing position, you will help him a lot if you stay on his range and he doesn't have to sacrifice you to keep main heal target alive cuz you are out of range.

My advise is (group vs group):

1.) don't run head first into enemies frontline the reason should be obvious, instead assist your bigger DPS on his targets and fall back until he targets again and you get some heals.

2.) always ask the healers to go pink in raids, identify one and try to stay within 20-30m of him, if not at least be aware of his position so after you assist you can go and get some heals on you

3.) if you get caught in a frontliner CC, spam your glider as fast as you can, gain some distance and back to assist.

1 vs 1, you are 100%, you are 100% screwed.

I think what I'm trying to say is, when I see 3/4ths of the raid mashing the S key instead of the W key, all I think about is the overdue paper I should be writing instead.

This though... basically yea "better things to do" in most scenarios where the rest of the raid seems to act like a lost puppy.

I do miss the pvp we used to have after whalesong though, but west prefers to do that before wh nowadays, so no one shows :')

If you are low score, you still can help if you are in a group by assisting and keeping a distance and been aware of your healing position, you will help him a lot if you stay on his range and he doesn't have to sacrifice you to keep main heal target alive cuz you are out of range.

My advise is (group vs group):

1.) don't run head first into enemies frontline the reason should be obvious, instead assist your bigger DPS on his targets and fall back until he targets again and you get some heals.

2.) always ask the healers to go pink in raids, identify one and try to stay within 20-30m of him, if not at least be aware of his position so after you assist you can go and get some heals on you

3.) if you get caught in a frontliner CC, spam your glider as fast as you can, gain some distance and back to assist.

1 vs 1, you are 100%, you are 100% screwed.

1). Where did I say I was running ahead of the group? The east usually gets sandwiched between the west and pirates in halcy.

2) if I get one shotted the heals are not going to help. The brilliant erenor tends to rip through my armor like paper.

3) see #2

For me PvP is frustrating I would rather do something else in the game that is fun.

It may be the way you are playing during pvp that ruins it for you, I see people at halcy making the same mistakes often so they often get focused.

if you're in a 1v1 situation it should have been against a player around the same gs as yourself instead of lets say attacking a 10k archer that is stranded while youre 5k melee

Think of pvp in a spore or agar. io aspect where you pick your fights with things that are reasonably easy to handle, instead of feeding the bigger guys and getting frustrated.

It's also understandable to run away from the bigger lads but just know there's always people equal to you that you can very well pick off

Afk?
Farming?

Speaking for myself only, while I don't mind it, pvp is not my sole intention for playing this game. I'm decently geared, though my weapons have been neglected but my main frustration is that East does not listen to lead commands and/or too many people in non lead positions tell tell the raid what to do or where to go. You tell East to hit a target, they go after tanks. It happens constantly and I'm at the point that I'm not going to waste my time. Depending on how the current raid performs determines if I leave after content or stay. I'm also in school, there are times where I'll join to get my dailies done and if I don't have after time I leave.

Currently I'm 14k. I gear because didn't want to be an extremely squishy target and I want to be some kind of asset to my guild should they need help.

Would I want to pvp more? Sure. My gear needs work, as I mentioned before and I need practice, all things I know, but until East as a whole learns how to listen, and we have raid leads who are taking the role for reasons other than to meet their leadership quotas, I'm gonna focus on my other in-game interests for my own sanity.

I might be the exception, but I never really started playing Archeage/ArcheRage for the PvP, I mostly played it for the Artistry, then was dragged along for minor PvP later on, even these days with my gear (9.8k Archer/8.7k Healer), I mostly just log on to make a few songs, or help newbies with slowly boosting their gear in WHM/EHM farming (I can solo farm EHM with both those sets, just a little slow), it's mostly a little burn out from making both those sets and also crafting an Erenor which is pulling me away from PvP in general, I'll still help if I'm online and it's needed (if I eventually become something like a pocket healer then I might PvP more often), but mostly for now I've been enjoying just logging on, playing a few songs then logging off.

Back