What's new

Limited fun, pray for quee, afk players... What can be done for PvP content.

Do you agree with me?

• Yes, we should get more options and improve the existing ones.

• No, pvp is fine as it is, no need to improvement or changes.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALEXANDRE FREIRE

Hello dear comunnity,

I came here after some time playing this server, and i think i could make a contribution concerning PvP oriented events, focusing in this case the Arena, Halcyona and Mistmerrow.

So, after a few talks with some friends, most of them new to the server, we found out bad feelings about how is pvp in the game...i'll show the options ahead..

Sparring arena 1x1, good thing, it's balanced, good for new players.

Skirmish Arena 3x3, that's when the trouble starts... first of all we have to ask in faction/nation for people to join, then when it starts, 1-2 are Away/AFK, easily giving the victory to enemy team, no punishiments for any kind of "free" victory.

Gladiator Arena 1x1 - Good option for gear caried , almost impossible to new players get a victory, since majority of server is high gear score.

Drill camp 5x5 and Free for all 8x8, if i have to ask people to join 3x3, imagine 5x5 or 8x8... i have never been able to play one single match of these 2, probably the ones who do it are doing trough guilds or friends.

Halcyona - Zerg PvP, the nation/faction with most players/gs get the victory, it's a good option but lacks sharpness on golems quantity based on raid active players.

Mistmerrow - Same as halcyona but a lit bit confusing for new players.

After all, these are the only viable options for PvP, since open world non-event pvp is really rare as the server does not have a huge population, i have marked red/blue as viable options for new players, as if the server wants to atracct more people, we could get more options or even not limited ones.

What can be done?

First, i'd say, removing the limit of participating of arenas, or increase the number for 10 or 15, reducing or removing after participation limit trespass the honor gain, this would of course removing the "asking in faction" for people to join, since people will be playing all day arena, for pvp fun or farming honor.... Some people may say "But with no limit people will farm honor endless", and ins't that able with the gold badge? So again, the limitation is only for new goldless players, since the veterans mostly have "mountains of gold" to spare, and with the limitation you are stuck with server schedule, if i loggin into not a populated time, i'm probably not going to play 3x3 or bigger options, since most of people already did their "limited" daily arenas.

Second, start some kind of report to punish afk/away people on 3x3 arenas, i tried hard to get high score but wasn't able to do because of away team or even incomplete suffering from 3x2 or 3x1 in rare cases. It's really stressing and annoying to after some time asking people to join and get into the arena, to found out your team is not complete or with 1-2 away players, fustrating netherless.
Captura de Tela (21).png

3x2 Arena.

Captura de Tela (22).png

AFK player example...

Third, we have trade pack event, fishing event, zombie events...etc, but what about some pvp events? i'm not talking about zerg pvp events like halcyona or mm, maybe some arena pvp, or a special zone with small siege pvp oriented idea, so people would enjoy playing siege and not being on a big guild, or even a capture the flag, there are so many options to use or create, don't stay under the limited arenas or zerg pvp's please, we need more options, to stick longer, interested, because after all i'm not myself upgrading my gear to farm better or carry more packs forever...

These are suggestions to improve the gameplay for everyone, i'm a brazilian new player concerned about the fun for pvp players, i hope we build something together and improve our experience in this amazing server that is Arche Rage.

Best Regards, Alexandre B.​

Af

Regarding removing the limit on arenas, currently from general merchant we can purchase the "Bruiser's Badge" for only 15 gold which allows additional entries into arenas which is much nicer than having to pay 250 honor for it. I personally don't think it's necessary to remove the limit, and if it was removed I think that more people might just AFK when they need honor but it's hard to say.

As for Hasla Zombies, in the few times I've been able to go over the past few days there has been a TON of pvp at the 8PM EST rift. The addition of the 20 Warrior's Medal quest it's really helped the turnout, some of the funnest and craziest pvp I've seen in a while. Looking forward to seeing how the event evolves over time, hopefully the pvp there continues.

Mistmerrow I think definitely needs a revamp, at the end of the day only the last few minutes of it matter. You get your quests done at the start, pvp for 20 minutes, and then cap as close to 2 minutes as possible and then boom you win. I'm not sure what could be done to improve it to make it a more engaging event.

Halcyona will likely be getting changes soon, the recent changes in 3.0b have really increased the viability of just backdooring, so we will have to see how that turns out.

Looking forward to seeing other peoples feedback on the current events in the thread, more custom changes and content for the server will be awesome.

Halcyona changes were designed to work against back doors though the system failed. Correct it will be receiving changes soon.
Do not take this wrong Alexander, but as a new player you are yet to actually experience what ArcheAge offers. arenas are not the end all of pvp. They're a sport people do for fun.
As for a system against it the way arena was designed makes it almost impossible for us to create a detection system or change the que mechanics. So afks will always be a thing.
By calling out Q3v3 or anything along those lines you're going to get an afk because when they see it they'll que as well for free honor

Do not take this wrong Alexander, but as a new player you are yet to actually experience what ArcheAge offers. arenas are not the end all of pvp. They're a sport people do for fun.

I'm a new player to the server, not to the game, as for the arena, is actually the main option for me and some people to do pvp since we don't have gear to face multiple gs pirates or PN, after finishing of 15 arenas, we are out of pvp (non-zerg) options, that's what i mean, we could get some events on arenas, or increase the limit maybe and reduce honor reward, i'm even facing people loggin alts to be able to do arenas...

I'm giving my experience as a new player on the server with low gear score that i'm felling out of pvp options, if you think that nothing can be done to improve it, we are following the same path of official live server, but with less players...

I'm giving my experience as a new player on the server with low gear score that i'm felling out of pvp options, if you think that nothing can be done to improve it, we are following the same path of official live server, but with less players...

So get better gear and increase your odds of winning other PVP options. You're basically saying "I hit 55, but I don't want to farm or do anything, all I can do is balanced arenas. Cater to me, please". The point of the game is to grow in power and grow in presence as a player, and you're choosing to stay in one position and ask them to basically open the game up to devaluing honor because you don't want to put in work. This isn't following the same path of official live servers, and this server has more real people than retail.

I personally don't think it's necessary to remove the limit, and if it was removed I think that more people might just AFK when they need honor but it's hard to say.

So, increase the limit to maybe 10 or 15, reducing honor gain,

As for Hasla Zombies, in the few times I've been able to go over the past few days there has been a TON of pvp at the 8PM EST rift

If you mean the massacre orchestrated by pirates, after the creation of 20 medals reward quest, as a good option to pvp... they are just not letting people do PVE content to catch up with better GS, .. usually PUG raids with low GS... If that is a balanced/close to equal option for fun on pvp.... i could not put as it is. I'm not critizing their attacks for the sake of doing it, i'm just sayin that shouldn't be considered a alternative for pvp content since is a insta-loss to East mostly. And if i can put it, it's was a terrible idea to put pvp medals reward into a pve content since people do hasla for regrade scrolls etc, not for pvp medals, if you want to give a free pvp medal , just increase halcyona quest treehold, 20/50 kills.

As for a system against it the way arena was designed makes it almost impossible for us to create a detection system or change the que mechanics. So afks will always be a thing.

Create a "skill" to report people, or even a forum option to post screenshots of afk people and punish them removing honor not letting them participate in arenas for some time...

So get better gear and increase your odds of winning other PVP options.

So i just have to "Getgud" and put some in-money cash or play 24/7 to be able to play some pvp? So my only option is gear caried pvp? I'm working on my gear but i don't want to pvp only after 5-6 moths of game because until there i'm weak because of playtime.... If that is the thing, the server will end with only veterans 1 year old players killing each other forever, since begginers don't stand a chance in any way of practing besides 10 dailys arenas.

Check Guild Wars 2 arena options, is unlimited, gear doesn't matter and even created a ranking competitive system, i'm not saying that gw2 is better the Arche Age, but as a private server we could try together to create something more.

The idea here is to increase non-gear caried pvp options, not removing the existing ones, so new players could stick more and with time work harder in their gear focusing in a future viable end game pvp. If this troubles you...

Would it be possible, if after all your arena entries are used up for the day, to allow unlimited entry with NO honor rewards so people can continue to PvP as long as they want?

Would it be possible, if after all your arena entries are used up for the day, to allow unlimited entry with NO honor rewards so people can continue to PvP as long as they want?
Not possible. It's remove the limit/ honor gain for all of them or none

So i just have to "Getgud" and put some in-money cash or play 24/7 to be able to play some pvp? So my only option is gear caried pvp? I'm working on my gear but i don't want to pvp only after 5-6 moths of game because until there i'm weak because of playtime.... If that is the thing, the server will end with only veterans 1 year old players killing each other forever, since begginers don't stand a chance in any way of practing besides 10 dailys arenas.

No, it's "play the game for more than just arenas". I put in 2-4 hours a day and am still progressing forward and have the gear to do more than just balanced arenas. My guild is new to the server and we're trudging along just fine in gear with no whale options and we aren't making the game our life. We still show to events and compete just fine. Win some fights, lose some fights. There are PLENTY of players on this server that are awful at the game and are solely gear carried. I've participated in fights where we were beating the shit out of reds that had more than 2k GS than we did. Your posts make me believe you fit the mold of why making arenas too valuable causes the problem that made them limited in the first place: no one would ever leave town. When the arenas weren't limited by Bruiser Badges, on at least 3 servers I was on nobody would do Halcy or MM. No one would go pirating fishers. No one would do anything because arenas were an honor farming source and they'd just do that all day and do nothing else, then complain the game was dead when no one would queue up because it's 4:30 AM and they're the only ones awake.

On retail, the cash shop fiends inevitably hit a gear wall. They got tired of beating down people 4k GS below them and either let those people farm or just outright quit. Months later, the gear score gap became smaller. Then those people came back and more PVP in the events happened. It's the cycle of life in this game.

Check Guild Wars 2 arena options, is unlimited, gear doesn't matter and even created a ranking competitive system, i'm not saying that gw2 is better the Arche Age, but as a private server we could try together to create something more.

Guild Wars 2's arena options are unlimited because whatever you do doesn't matter. The most expensive items are cosmetic. There is no super-important currency that you get from ONLY arenas that has massive importance outside of the arena. GW2 has a much longer end-game goal than Archeage has for its players. Their setup is to keep you in-game for hours and days and weeks farming for something that has trivial importance in the long run.

The idea here is to increase non-gear caried pvp options, not removing the existing ones, so new players could stick more and with time work harder in their gear focusing in a future viable end game pvp. If this troubles you...

This doesn't trouble me, it just is illogical. You are quite literally saying "arenas are the only important thing in the game because my Civilian gear can't kill anything unless I have an archetype buff from balanced arenas and I'm too lazy to do anything about my gear". You're asking for assistance in never leaving town and only experiencing one part of the game, but are at the same time complaining that the other parts of the game you can't do because you don't WANT to put in effort into a game that requires more than an hour's worth of work for you to accomplish something. As for the honor gains themselves:

-3v3 arenas are small skirmish and the reason you don't get people to join it that often is because people would rather do something worth their time that makes sure they're properly compensated for said time spent.
-Drill Camp is medium skirmish and the reason you don't get people to join it is because it's REALLY not worth the time it takes to complete and the rewards have always been ballsack.
-Halcyona is being worked on, it has its own design flaws that are exacerbated here, but to be honest they've always been huge problems even on live.
-Mistmerrow has always been a massive shitstorm of uselessness in design, there's sadly no way around that.

It would be nice if they incorporated some of the design changes to the arena in later patches sooner:

such as no afk-auto join for arena's (3v3, 5v5, ffa). If you do not hit 'confirm' on the popup it should drop you from the queue instead of putting you in the match. Another thing to look into is to auto-drop people from the queue in the same way as glads and sparring (no match after x time you have to requeue).

MM was made 10 minutes shorter on live, and that would be a benefit here, make it start 10 minutes later, end at the same time and it will be a better event.

Halcy BD situation:

There are a couple of trains of thought here, currently west has a massive advantage in BD opportunity, although East was using the backdoor more often in the past west has learned to use the farm to get behind east and BD the base. I personally do not consider the BD a real issue the issue lies in if you want this to be a short or long event, without the cannons in each base the first team to wipe is at risk of immediate elimination depending where your team wiped.

You can balance out the BD situation by eliminating the farm teleport location, then the BD point will be moved to almost an equal distance as the GHA->Nuian base backdoor, both teams will retain the ability to quickly hit the base by porting to suns end and front-dooring quickly. But as I said I'm not for trying to eliminate backdooring. Backdooring can be eliminated by the players using proper scouting.

MM was made 10 minutes shorter on live, and that would be a benefit here, make it start 10 minutes later, end at the same time and it will be a better event.

They also FINALLY fixed how points are scored in MM. After years of complaints from every region, XLGames made it make a tiny bit more sense, although the event itself is still pretty shit

You are quite literally saying "arenas are the only important thing in the game because my Civilian gear can't kill anything unless I have an archetype buff from balanced arenas and I'm too lazy to do anything about my gear"

My friend, i started playin on this server almost 20 days ago, i have 4.3k gs already, freighter and some lands, i'm really dedicated on gear grinding and other events. I'm just pointing out that for new incoming players, we lack of options to balanced pvp, or even pvp events not being halcyona and MM. If you find the actual open world pvp you are maybe high gs or have high gs guild to carry you around. Try to feel the experience of a new player, because me and my friends are, and we all agree that we are not having fun with limited pvp options. How can i even get some honor if my only options are 1x1/3x3 (10) ?? Removing CR and GR since they are PVE content.

such as no afk-auto join for arena's (3v3, 5v5, ffa). If you do not hit 'confirm' on the popup it should drop you from the queue instead of putting you in the match. Another thing to look into is to auto-drop people from the queue in the same way as glads and sparring (no match after x time you have to requeue).

Nice idea, for sure will solve the problem of AFK people.

They got tired of beating down people 4k GS

Please tell me when this is going to happen, i'm not even being able to do CR/GR/Hasla/Halcy/MM without gettin' my ass kicked from 7k gs players reds with nothing better left to do... Poor Skred and Zeb trying to form PUG raids of new players and not being allowed to do so by 12 high gs players. Open World is not a option for new players, the only option is arena, and it is limited... you may play the game for PVE/Sandbox, but some play for PvP, and we don't to wait 5-6 moths to be able to do so.

Guild Wars 2's arena options are unlimited because whatever you do doesn't matter. The most expensive items are cosmetic. There is no super-important currency that you get from ONLY arenas that has massive importance outside of the arena. GW2 has a much longer end-game goal than Archeage has for its players.

I am sorry, but you are not correct in this, first arena give lots of things used on crafting varied system, they give boxes with gold and some end game itens you can get only trough arenas. You can fully play only on arenas on gw2 and get almost all end game gear on it to go open world pvp or pve, believe me i have more then 2k hours on GW2, i just quit the game because of nothing left to do.

4.3k gs is enough to pvp on open world, go with your squad and you should beat them even if higher gs (shit gets hard from 6k+ but not all people has that gs) arena limit is really tight, i would like a testing with 10 arena limit and not 5.
Regarding the afk on 3v3 YES PLEASE, i hate it, is almost an insta loss, in my opinion they should remove the autojoin on arena pop, at least on 3s and 5s.
Mm is long and boring, people only join for kadum, if there is other event at the same time no one will go to mm, making it shorter with juicer rewards could revamp it a bit

arena limit is really tight, i would like a testing with 10 arena limit and not 5.
Regarding the afk on 3v3 YES PLEASE, i hate it, is almost an insta loss, in my opinion they should remove the autojoin on arena pop, at least on 3s and 5s.
Mm is long and boring, people only join for kadum, if there is other event at the same time no one will go to mm, making it shorter with juicer rewards could revamp it a bit

Totally agree with you! :):)

Back