What's new

Lord's coins and you, an argument for more volume

vulgrr

I preempt this post with the understanding that ruling members of player nations/castle owning guilds and probably just the regular members of PN/castle owning guilds trying to defend their positions are going to flame this into oblivion, but hear me out.

Lord's coins as a crafting material is a system that was designed with high availability and production in mind from a relatively large population. The number of lords coins required for higher end crafts (read, weapons and armor) is frankly extremely high. For the lowest equipment tier craft, you need 77 coins. For the highest tier (weapons) you need 270.

We currently are allowed to make 9 characters **I've just learned for 4.0 the number was lowered to 4??? (I can't confirm if this is true or not)** for the 1 account we are allocated, which is quite substantial, but in the end factors towards very little (see below).

Now, lords coins are distributed on a basis of 180 per week to the sovereign of a castle. Just for existing. Extras can be obtained with the warehouse system. An established player nation effectively has free flowing lords coins. And it very much shows. Most members of PN/castle owning guilds possess epic and greater erenor weapons. They are the premium geared forces on the servers. Before erenor was released, they had legendary + ayanad/tier 7 weapons due to controlling content and charging massive prices for the necessary materials for upgrading. These players are effectively unbeatable and cannot be contested. The only real way to become a force is to be able to join those ranks, work your way up and receive benefits for being a part of that system, then later turn tail on them once enough of a core gets established. It is a highly exclusive club. Even more so on this server due to the smaller player base as of late.

EXTREMELY few players outside of PN possess erenor anything. The exceptions to this are a few well established swiper/whale players.

Now, back to the point of having 9 players 4 players(??) per account. This is great because you can potentially generate 9 lords coins a day. This limits you to 4 potential lords coins per day. Note the potentially. Here are the obstacles in the way

You are competing with far too many other people with many alts working castles. This severely limits the lords coins

You are praying to get ahold of a quest that guarantees at least 1 lords coin, which only 3 of them do: handing over 50 gilda, meats or trees.

More often than not, the plantable tree quests and meat quests have been taken by others, and you are left with either forking over 50 gilda (not realistically sustainable) or taking the extremely crappy packs that replace those vendors for a mere 50 pence.

In addition to the above, you are also basically forced to support player nations/castle owning guilds. Now there are a few political reasons why you may not want to do this. You may not like that ruling nation/guild. They could be enemies to your faction. You may want to take the player nation/castle for yourself. You may be forced into supporting a faction that has no interest in supporting you back.

Realistically speaking, you are very lucky to get 5 lords coins a day, if your account had extra characters pre 4.0. More often than not these are not numbers you will end up with.

In addition to attempting to use your characters to get LC, you could purchase them off the auction house. But, due to PN/castle owning guilds having controlling interests in both gear throttling players and the need for their own gold for regrade attempts to upgrade their own gear, the prices for LC are extremely high at 150-175 gold each. You might find one at a "discount" of 140 gold each.

That's 11550-13475 gold for a small piece, or 40500-47250 for a weapon. These are not small amounts of gold. Especially when you take into account the cost of clicking those regrade buttons.

My proposal is a very simple one: the amount of LC made from quests should be multiplied by 1.5 at minimum, but realistically by 3. This puts you, for 4 characters before purchasing expansion scrolls,, at 3x lc per quest, potentially 23 days at a base (12LC a day) before you can craft an erenor weapon, if you are able to get ahold of quests that offer whole LC and not just pence. That's almost a month of item grabbing. That's a pretty substantial amount of time gating for a decent weapon.

This would make it less of a nightmare to accumulate lords coins for a weapon, lower the prices to reasonable amounts, and allow for other players to craft the higher tiers of weapons and armor to start stepping into the competitive market.

Commence the flaming....

Last edited:
With character expansion scrolls, you can have more alts.
That's 9 LCs a day, plus whatever you can buy.
LCs are fine.

I don't think LC is supposed to be easy to get, your talking about getting LC for end game gear... end. game. gear. in an mmo. should not take only a month of farming lmao. LC going for 150 per is stupid cheap compared to what it used to be, gear is spoon fed to people now, free divine obs, cheap lc, easy regrade rates ect. Do you know how much LC goes into a castle, or do you think all the lc is just dumped into player gear? Plenty of ways to get lc / gold for lc in the game for your stuff if you have an iq higher than 6 friend.

Also,
EXTREMELY few players outside of PN possess erenor anything. The exceptions to this are a few well established swiper/whale players.
Sounds like your just pissed, most of west is outside of PN and has erenor gear. I don't think most of the are hard swiper or whales, they just aren't stupid.

Increasing LC is only going to just ruin the market like it did with kraken mat.

I just cba to do LC quests lol it's tedious and boring, and I wanna do other stuff with my time that I enjoy more.

Also, afaik number for characters isn't lowered to 4? That would mean some of mine would've been deleted. I still have all my chars on my account.

Price of LC varies, back when I bought them I got them for 100g ea, not 140, or 150-175g. I did see a guildie of mine once buy them all out and saying he'd buy them at 180g ea, he was just that desperate to get his LC. That's how economy works I guess.

I probably didn't read all of that wall of text, just tossing my experience out there to add some details.

These players are effectively unbeatable and cannot be contested.

I disagree with this. Lack of competitive gear isn't the issue I see. When it comes to PN, very little are extremely geared. The only ones I can think of are Joey, Amber, Railgun and Sthieven.
The rest is mediocore geared. But they for sure know how to harmonize within a group. They beat west in halcy regularly outgeared by using comms and playing well together. Books is making a tremendous difference as sooth ressing, keeping their attack up, don't need incredible gear for many things that make great differences in fights. We in < Fake News > also regularly pvp'd them and lost majority of fights overgeared to them. They just know how shit works.

But I agree with the rest.
1 LC a day for a character is horrendous when you compare it to the quantities generated to sovereigns. Makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. I too, suggested a while ago to lower this gap.

Having to support others just so you can progress is another dilemma. Though there are multiple castles to chose from and I'm sure one could settle with supporting at least one of them.

Personally I reached out to castle owners when I needed LCs. Is a lot cheaper but doesn't help with the issue mentioned above.

Last edited:
I just cba to do LC quests lol it's tedious and boring, and I wanna do other stuff with my time that I enjoy more.

Also, afaik number for characters isn't lowered to 4? That would mean some of mine would've been deleted. I still have all my chars on my account.

Price of LC varies, back when I bought them I got them for 100g ea, not 140, or 150-175g. I did see a guildie of mine once buy them all out and saying he'd buy them at 180g ea, he was just that desperate to get his LC. That's how economy works I guess.

I probably didn't read all of that wall of text, just tossing my experience out there to add some details.

I can't seem to get a solid on the actual limits to the number of toons you can currently make...It used to be 9 which could be obtained with char slot scrolls, but I've been told by multiple people that the 4.0 patch lowered the limit to 4, not including toons you had before 4.0. If you had extra toons/slots pre 4.0 you are fine....I can't seem to confirm this for a fact though.

The LC quests themselves aren't *horrid* in some respects, but the paltry pay off is for sure. The fact that sometimes you're relegated to killing mobs then getting half a lords coin is like...why? Or grabbing a pack and turning it in for 50 pence. The rewards need a bump up.

I've not seen LC @ 100g for many many months. It'd be nice if prices hovered around that area but sadly those days are long gone.

I disagree with this. Lack of competitive gear isn't the issue I see. When it comes to PN, very little are extremely geared. The only ones I can think of are Joey, Amber, Railgun and Sthieven.
The rest is mediocore geared. But they for sure know how to harmonize within a group. They beat west in halcy regularly outgeared by using comms and playing well together. Books is making a tremendous difference as sooth ressing, keeping their attack up, don't need incredible gear for many things that make great differences in fights. We in < Fake News > also regularly pvp'd them and lost majority of fights overgeared to them. They just know how shit works.

But I agree with the rest.
1 LC a day for a character is horrendous when you compare it to the quantities generated to sovereigns. Makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. I too, suggested a while ago to lower this gap.

Having to support others just so you can progress is another dilemma. Though there are multiple castles to chose from and I'm sure one could settle with supporting at least one of them.

Personally I reached out to castle owners when I needed LCs. Is a lot cheaper but doesn't help with the issue mentioned above.

Well thanks for reading the wall and the support. Hopefully this can get enough steam so we can invoke a change. It's needed.

Ah I bought my LC in November for my club, only 2 months ago, and due to irl have been playing a lot less since then till now ;-;

I guess if the char slots really did decrease, it accidentally happened, because the limit of 6 chars, +3 to get 9 if you buy the last slots, is a custom change. Maybe 4.0 reverted this custom change, maybe @Sparkle knows something about this rumor?

The character limit wasn't lowered afaik. The reason I think people think so is because prior to 4.0, it would have one long list on the right that showed your available slots in blue, and all the remaining greyed out until you used a character expansion scroll.
4.0 made that character frame very small and gave it a scroll ability. Now all you see is your available characters and none of the "locked" ones.
It just doesn't show the greyed out ones anymore. But you should still be able to expand.

The character limit wasn't lowered afaik. The reason I think people think so is because prior to 4.0, it would have one long list on the right that showed your available slots in blue, and all the remaining greyed out until you used a character expansion scroll.
4.0 made that character frame very small and gave it a scroll ability. Now all you see is your available characters and none of the "locked" ones.
It just doesn't show the greyed out ones anymore. But you should still be able to expand.

I did notice also on my server select, it only shows 4 char dots instead of all of them. Your explanation fits that, seems most probable that happened, thank you.

Castles are not not the best design, one of the big question is why members of the guild that owned a castle are denied from working on it ? ;/
There is also hunting quest that deserve buff and just stupid gilda quest that is never used.
If u look on our chineese players they can show u how to make LC all are ofc legit players, just ask ur neighbourhood to donate u lc 20-30 ppl should be enought to allow u make full erenor set.

Last edited:
Castles are not not the best design, one of the big question is why members of the guild that owned a castle are denied from working on it ? ;/
There is also hunting quest that deserve buff and just stupid gilda quest that is never used.
If u look on our chineese players they can show u how to make LC all are ofc legit players, just ask ur neighbourhood to donate u lc 20-30 ppl should be enought to allow u make full erenor set.

That last line made me laugh

you're delusional.
have you seen west? probably 80% of all their competitive players have erenor weapons
and have you even fucking seen the chinese

180 LC per week for owning a castle.
Plus LC generated by taxes, let's call that 10 a day(which is a gross overestimation, but for arguments sake).
Let's say that guild is popping one pack lady a week, and generating 45 LC.
295 LC a week.
Minimum 50 people in a castle-owning guild.

That's just under 6 LC per person per week.
You can generate that as a solo player with alts per day.

The gap is fine.

180 LC per week for owning a castle.
Plus LC generated by taxes, let's call that 10 a day(which is a gross overestimation, but for arguments sake).
Let's say that guild is popping one pack lady a week, and generating 45 LC.
295 LC a week.
Minimum 50 people in a castle-owning guild.

That's just under 6 LC per person per week.
You can generate that as a solo player with alts per day.

The gap is fine.

Plus the alts those people have working the castles*** fixed that for ya.

Defended like someone in the castle owning business...

Also bolstering a guild's numbers with alternate characters really isn't that difficult. Your numbers for generated LC while true, are an attempt to conceal different truths. The distribution of those most definitely doesn't go out to all "50" members. At least not at one time. That is at least 1 erenor weapon a week from castle profits alone, or 4 per month. And considering the incredibly low siege rates on the server and the required recovery thereafter, you are gearing out at minimum 4 individuals a month. Which again, doesn't even remotely factor in the alts generating LC on the side, and not all of them are done through "legal" means (we've all seen the botting).

And 1 really geared individual can absolutely make a difference, even in rvr scenarios.

And yet again you failed to read a vast majority of the post, regarding the number of individuals you are competing with to perform those quests, as well as the general lack of ability to generate a solid 1 LC per character per day due to competing with those other people

There's nothing preventing you from getting a group of friends together and amassing lord's coins to work on your gear one at a time, and out-generate a castle. Or hell, make a top 20 guild and take a castle. Just because you're unwilling to participate in the system doesn't mean it's a bad system.

Yes, because adding more people to an already competitive and strained market that has a hard enough time distributing its rewards as is, is going to make things magically better somehow....

I guess if the char slots really did decrease, it accidentally happened, because the limit of 6 chars, +3 to get 9 if you buy the last slots, is a custom change. Maybe 4.0 reverted this custom change, maybe @Sparkle knows something about this rumor?
You can still create up to 9 characters on the account, same as before - 6 available right away + 3 extra you can get using the scroll from the marketplace. That is how it was and going to remain.

You can still create up to 9 characters on the account, same as before - 6 available right away + 3 extra you can get using the scroll from the marketplace. That is how it was and going to remain.

Sweet good to know. I've put my post back to original given that info.

Is there any interest in the administration upping the rewards from LC quests however?

Back