What's new

Mages nerfed into the ground

I just want to bring up for discussion now that 4.0 has dropped that mages took a huge hit and are getting even more rolled than we were before, logging into 4.0 my base magic attack has dropped about 100 points, and i cant buff it near as much as i used to be able to, pre patch i could buff up above 2000 with a 1550ish about magic attack, now with 1468 magic attack i cant even buff up to 1675 (not sure how this is reflected in people with melee attack or ranged attack) my crit chance decreased by 10% for seemingly no reason while Melee got an extra 10% for still no reason, and then of course the wave meteor nerf was far too much like we all said pre patch, my meteor with a mythic staff cant even kill a plate wearer, and it takes 2.2 seconds to cast at max cast time reduction and still has a 2 second channel, its supposed to do massive damage because of the nature of the spell

my range attack is 300 lower do u want talk about this ?

Ok man look ur max magic attack is lower but u can put more crit gems as well u can place crit gems into bow and both weapons and crit rate gems into hat.
So ur max magic attack is lower cuz of changes to bufs but ur crit damage is higher so it is basicly even out. I notice i got more damage than before patch but its more DPS not single hits. Dont worry u didint get nerfed.

Last edited:
My buffed ranged attack dropped from ~1800 down to about 1500 too.
Sucks because this patch made dps more crit reliant than ever before. No crits = hitting like a wet noodle.

alright so everyones attacks went down it seems, but doesnt change that melee got 10% crit from no where and mages got reduced(regardless of gems) and wave meteors damage was cut in half to useless levels

Its worth noting that some of my magic attack loss and crit chance were in my costume and underwear i forgot to wash :rolleyes: so thats my bad, although the meteor things still and issue

@Sparkle

Seriously, can we please discuss and actually FIX the severe nerfs to magic as a whole?

Here are just a few examples of how much XLGames HATES mages/magic in general, and how much they LOOOOOOOOOOOVE darkrunners/battlerage users:

Seaknight buff - provides buffs to all the major skills to all classes. Occultism gets hellspears. Battlerage gets PRECISION STRIKE (as if that already wasn't broken enough). Sorcery gets FREEZING EARTH, of all things. What? #1 most useless skill until 4.5. Why not arc lightning? Or gods whip?

Battlerage - Puncture, and skill resets. Sorcery - literally none of that. Why? Why can't mages proc defensive penetration? Why can't mages reset their skills? Yall literally have the power to change skills and combat abilities but the flat out refusal is baffling.

Songcraft - channeling songs > prevents the ability to swap gear, but will cancel the song if you loot a mob. What?

ALSO IN SONGCRAFT (but more of a bug than anything): Alarm call (basic) is supposed to be a hard counter to Alarm Call (stone). Yet it does nothing when cast while under the effect of Alarm Call (stone). Can this be fixed?

Wave Meteor - why was this touched? And after every mage on the server complained you left it to get nerfed. Why? Look at all the mages at the top gearscore level. Outclassed by near every darkrunner. Why? Because magic SUCKS in this game and has no power. This kind of underhanded bullshit needs to stop. Stop nerfing magic. Stop buffing leather and battlerage. Why would you nerf erenor, but not nerf the most broken spec in the game?

Frigid tracks - reduced to 9 seconds. Why? Most melees/archers have stealth. Invincibility lasts 9 seconds. Healers are nearly impossible to kill unless you MASSIVELY outgear them. Leech damn near always steals the buff. Shrug it off breaks it. Why only 9 seconds? DPS mages literally rely on this skill, and we can't defend ourselves against melee. Top it off with the fact that it is glitchy as hell and more often than not people walk right into it and it does nothing.

@Sparkle

trying to bring attention back here

Seriously need to look into bringing wave meteor back up a fair amount, cause its a useless skill to have at the moment and the other forms arent much better for what it takes to cast and or hit the meteor strike

In my experience, asian grinders tend to heavily favor melee classes. And as someone who favors ranged classes...yeah, I'll always be second best.

Unsure what your point is. Top 10 here has 6 archers. And their damage is a joke compared to if anyone was a melee dps of equal gear.

Unsure what your point is. Top 10 here has 6 archers. And their damage is a joke compared to if anyone was a melee dps of equal gear.

That's top 10 arena rank in korea (top 1 and 2 are mages btw). 6 mages/healers, 3 archers and 1 melee, one of the archers has Ranged Attack 1615,44 (1.599 ~ 1.631) if this damage is a joke ok. My point is if mages are nerfed why they rule the arenas in korea.

Last edited:
That's top 10 arena rank in korea (top 1 and 2 are mages btw). 6 mages/healers, 3 archers and 1 melee, one of the archers has Ranged Attack 1615,44 (1.599 ~ 1.631) if this damage is a joke ok. My point is if mages are nerfed why they rule the arenas in korea.
Yeah guys, if wizards are so strong in D&D, how come they're so good in a version of this game we aren't playing? How come Gandalf came back from the dead in LOTR if Koreans are winning with mages? Can you explain why the Ku Klux Klan has so many members if mages are so weak in the version of this game we do play that has nothing at all to do with the version the Koreans are playing? Huh?

Yeah guys, if wizards are so strong in D&D, how come they're so good in a version of this game we aren't playing? How come Gandalf came back from the dead in LOTR if Koreans are winning with mages? Can you explain why the Ku Klux Klan has so many members if mages are so weak in the version of this game we do play that has nothing at all to do with the version the Koreans are playing? Huh?

So they hate mages and archers? xD Mages are the best class in the game, are we playing the same game?

I don’t get why you are showing videos/referring a different server. Those vids are all one sided and most of his opponents don’t even fight back lol.

Back