What's new

Make sunken ships great again.

ZielonyG

With the 4.7 update, sunken ships now cost significantly more labor to raise. According to Sjinderson, this was offset by increased turn in gold. However, the ratio of silver earned per labor spent has overall decreased. Price was increased somewhere along the lines of +50%, but labor spent was increased to 300%. As it stands, there is now little reason to do sunken ships as there are faster and easier (but significantly more boring for most people) ways to make gold. I suggest reducing labor to previous values as an attempt to revive this fun activity.

I heard that the sunken ships weren't as great as they used to be. It would be amazing to make this useful again, as there are enough activities in the game that seem to lack in certain areas. I always wanted to do sunkens but just never got around to making a submarine, but now that i got a blueprint, i was told that sunkens isnt worth it labor/gold wise :/

Prior you start to discuss it, here are some details on the changes in cost and drop of packs from Sunken Ships that 4.7 brought, so players would get a better understanding:​
Ancient Cargo Pack (basic) – drop chance reduced and price increased x2.​
Luxury Porcelain Cargo Pack (grand) – drop chance increased x2; price increased x1.5.​
Rare Wine Cargo Pack (rare) – drop chance increased x3.​
So, it requires more labor but gives significantly more gold now. In short, it actually becomes more profitable activity based on the time you spend in game for it; you will need to spend less time for it now (in 4.7) to get the same profit as before (in 4.5 and back).​

i was told that sunkens isnt worth it labor/gold wise :/
Yes now they are not really worth, if someone with 0 proficiency want to start it need spend 2k labor for just 300 gold. In last patches it been around 500 labor per one sunken and ~250 gold so actually pretty good.

So, it requires more labor but gives significantly more gold now. In short, it actually becomes more profitable activity based on the time you spend in game for it; you will need to spend less time for it now (in 4.7) to get the same profit as before (in 4.5 and back).
It looks more profitable on activity in game but for someone with 0 Exploration proficiency its 2k labor so he can only do around 7 sunken ships per day so thats average 2.4k gold in a day when before was able to rise 10+ sunkens and then spend labor on thing that u need for something else.

On server we have actually 2 best money making methods: Trade runs and purse farming. I want to make sunkens a good money making method like it was in last patches or reduce labor required to rise sunkens with actual pack prices.

Would be nice to use less LP on raising sunkens. I actually have a submarine but because the LP cost is so steep vs how much gold I make from doing it...i'd rather just go farm coin purses or be potato on my farm.

From what I can tell, exploration has completely turned into an elite sort of proficiency, as in, you only do it because it is enjoyable and you wanna do something fun in the game. There's is little gold to make from it, be it raising chests, finding treasure map chests, or raising sunken ships.

Chests we all know got nerfed with the perdita nerf, however, maps became useless since the lunarite change, sadly. I used to make gold with that before.

All these 3 options for exploration now have the same function as finding exploration spots to earn the titles and special items: spending your time in a fun way, and achieving little else in the process aside from earning achievements. Though, the treasure maps don't have any achievements related to them, if I remember correct.

Side note: this is excluding the one "special" day per week where we get some extra goodies from the event quests ;-;

~

Edit: TL/DR - exploration is awful for making gold, but great for having a good time.

Last edited:
Yea I need to make a sub because I have done sunkens with guildies and is a good time. I know labor has increased but still seems like a fun way to pass some time.

Yea I need to make a sub because I have done sunkens with guildies and is a good time. I know labor has increased but still seems like a fun way to pass some time.

Yes you should!

I love swimming around the ocean and raising what I can find, and finding bubbles underwater while looking for chests is much more satisfying than looking for a broken lifeboat on the radar ?

Back