What's new

Mistmerrow changes?

DrRageQuit

I dont think anyone will disagree that Mistmerrow is a deeply flawed event. After the initial race to complete quest the objective is NOT to touch the towers until the last possible moment, when everybody hops down from the afk altar and suicide caps what they can to win.

If you die and miss a tower at the start you effectively have to throw the entire event for your faction by capping extra towers.
If you're a scumbag and just want to troll your faction you can easily cap towers to throw the event.
If you're a scumbag and want to cheese the win you login to an alt and cap enemy towers.

Surely if the rules were changed so that points are not lost for losing a tower, it would encourage factions to fight and cap points through the entire event to gain the high score rather than completing quest and going afk until the last 2 minutes?

Thoughts?

depending on the order in which towers are captured, doesn't this suggestion still lead to the same result? Once a faction has high points and the other towers are enemy ones, they won't cap again?

The team thats ahead wouldnt need to cap more, sure. but the team that is behind on the scores can still take towers to catch up. The likelyhood of being ahead on points but with no towers is pretty remote

Edit: Towers would have to all be worth the same number of points each time they were capped, if thats what you meant?

Last edited:
Edit: Towers would have to all be worth the same number of points each time they were capped, if thats what you meant?

Yea basically, cuz atm you can strategically keep capping one tower of the faction with the highest points and gain more points than from capping other towers. That would mean it is easy to keep up with the points by owning one tower, and then be able to cap 5 other towers at the end.

I agree on what Ragequit suggested. Going for high score would change the flow of the event for the better. It would also be more fun as you would encounter enemies more often. It is a PvP event after all.

MM is the only PVP event that EU timezone can do, and it is totally dead because of AFKers so there is actually no PVP event for us which makes everything too boring. Makes gearing and all unnecessary.

Theres 2 reason to AFK,

Firstly, when you cap 3 towers there is no reason left to play for many. Secondly, People cap everything and ruins the joy everything so people go AFK again or just port out.

So i can tell i aggre with RageQuit.

After having been the one to throw off the event for my faction accidently, recently, I second the opinion of changes to MM. We can go for no reduction in the scores to counter the above problem, which serves two purpose.
I. No afk period as every faction will be involved in continuously capping the towers to be at lead in highscore.
II. Late comers/ those who DC mid-event also get a chance at finishing the quest rather than having to miss out on quest.

Edit: I forgot to mention the time that Tahyang's bolt exists. Can we remove it or reduce it to 5 or 10 secs, ie. a small time delay between destroying the centre tower and a respawned tower, so the final capping is not an immunity period for the ones who destroyed tower.

Last edited:
can we also make towers like monsters, heal up to 100% when people try to destroy them and move too far or die, damaging tower and keep it at 2% till last 2mins in event then just use 1skill to destroy it to get points is not fair, as a 11k gearscore melee i can take down tower's hp from 100% to 30% in 2seconds only even if theres 100 players protecting it, then die and go in again to kill it with 1 hit and win the event with the highest score for that 400 honor, that quest also needs to be changed make it equal so all factions get either 800 honor or 400 honor, like i mention before i can take down towers alone before even my raid catch up and ruin quest for them all, and people dont bother to destroy towers so they dont lose that 400 honor, more than 15 players dont finish their shiny fragments quest "cursed towers" because of that, at some point enemy factions wouldnt destroy towers so my raid couldnt finish quest, i had to login my haranya charcter and destroy nuia towers that they keep them at 1% to cap in last 2mins so my raid can finish quest

i like ragequit's idea, make it the more towers you cap/destroy the more points you get :D

Back