What's new

NA Server Questions/Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthyny

@IronLady I continued our PM discussion, but have posted the questions here for the rest of the community to view as well for additional feedback as suggested.

Hello Iron Lady,

So far I've only gotten opinions from the active player base of Trion's NA Fresh Start server, Reckoning since its the one I actively play on at the moment. Once the people I've gotten in contact with on other servers make their rounds I'll follow up once more.

It appears that the main concern everyone has is the gear curve and how the Marketplace will affect it.

The single account concept you guys have set up now is beautiful and the most promising aspect so far. Kudos on that much.

However, the question here really is, are materials that are usually the bottleneck for crafting and progression going to be locked away in the Marketplace Crates essentially as Trion's server is?

ie: Archeum and Lunarite which are used heavily in crafting are almost abysmal to acquire through regular game play and then Trion included both as drops in the credit crates to promote players to just pay money to progress instead. This was a slap to a majority of the servers face and caused the largest exodus of players that Reckoning experienced.

Do your increased drop rates combat this effectively?
Cosmetics and quality of life type items such as costumes/decorations/bag expansions/freighter tickets are not REQUIRED to progress as such and are fair to be included in the market place, but making the "main" method of acquiring required materials for gear progression to involve credit purchases is detrimental to game play.

Does the Marketplace have items available that will grant instant advantages to players over others that don't purchase them?
Items such as Labor Potions, Lunar/Stellar Scarecrow farms and Majestic Trees/Mining Drills/Rumbling Archeum trees are direct counters to a regular players methods of gaining these required materials which once again would promote players to "AFK" and just purchase credits instead of playing the game.
Why do the 16 scarecrow quest if you can just buy two of the farms right off the bat? Why go through the efforts of planting massive cedar farms and mining stone if you can once again, just charge a few credits and wait if its easier?

Is a player able to simply just log on in a few weeks and just buy credits to sell highly sought after items such as Superior Red Regrade charms to completely skip game play entirely?

Again, if the increased rates combat this effectively, this is a lesser issue since more players would be inclined to play normally, but if progression and actual game play is made so discouraging that players would rather just charge credits and wait for gear to show up, the community suffers because of it as well.

Is the gear curve gated just enough to promote steady game play?
Yes this is an increased rates server, but if players are all able to hit higher end-game gear scores within a matter of a few weeks due to either paying real money or simply because the server just hands it to everyone, communal activities will once again dwindle as everyone will stop bothering to do anything else but the occasional PvP activity.

Essentially, all of the players are hopeful for a server that promotes a healthy environment rather then just waiting for your next paycheck to come in so you can make your next gear upgrade. We understand your necessity for a revenue to maintain the server and an appealing marketplace is the main method of this (especially since you guys have graciously given patron away for free to everyone), but if this server mirrors exactly what all the jaded players on official servers already have, it would be rather difficult for myself and other hopefuls to promote it.

Last edited:
The thing that's making me wonder if i should start playing or not is the "Credit Transfer" since one or two days before the 21 everyone will sell everything out of RU and buy credits to transfer to NA.
I think it would be the best to give a fair fresh start to everyone for some time before allowing such things... just saying.

I can help answer some of these, at least partially, having played on their other server and read up on everything they have posted so far. My answers are by no means official but should provide a bit of light.

------------
However, the question here really is, are materials that are usually the bottleneck for crafting and progression going to be locked away in the Marketplace Crates essentially as Trion's server is?

It doesn't seem to be the case at all here. In fact, quite the opposite, as the abundance of labour and the restriction that you only have one account combine to make coinpurse farming... something that's not bad at all. I've gotten lots of archeum dusts and shards from the purses. Besides, there's also a lot of Auroria land to get archeum in the market (and purses give saplings/braziers).

Do your increased drop rates combat this effectively?

I'd say so. Mobs always drop a purse, if not other things too, including bags and sometimes safes. I felt I was getting a lot more stuff by mob farming than I've ever had on Trion's servers. I'd say the main method of acquiring gear is still getting gold; it's a bit easier to make gold here.

Does the Marketplace have items available that will grant instant advantages to players over others that don't purchase them?

The current marketplace doesn't offer Labor Potions (besides in Loyalty Shop, for 25 tokens, which is a bad purchase to begin with). It is, perhaps, the biggest difference between their server and Trion's, as it completly changes the end-game dynamic (which is compounded by the limit of one account per person); the limiting factor isn't RL money, it's labor. You can have all the money in the world, but if people are not selling, you're limited by your labor per day.

Other items that you mentioned are all present. I agree with you that, at first, they should definitely be removed from the Marketplace, if only for a week or two. It's something I've pushed for over there, as you know. I simply tend to prefer simpler solutions.
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/a-simple-proposal-about-the-cash-shop.58/

Is a player able to simply just log on in a few weeks and just buy credits to sell highly sought after items such as Superior Red Regrade charms to completely skip game play entirely?

I mean, it's a cash shop. It has boxes of credits (100, 1000 or 2000) if someone wants to even skip the Superior Red Regrade part and just sell credits for gold instead of hoping for SRRs in RNG boxes.

Look, we'll have to make do with how the game is designed. As a private server, they need to be able to fund themselves somehow and donations and goodwill will not suffice, for sure.

Is the gear curve gated just enough to promote steady game play?

From my experience on their other server, I'd say it is. I felt like people swiped a lot less because they were getting a lot more from every swipe AND because the true gate was labor and there was no way around that (can't buy labor pots) besides by breaking the rules (getting alt accounts). I'd see people with a lot of gold who did swipe, most certainly, but there simply wasn't that many items on the AH.

Like, the feel was really different and it really hit me: how much Trion's official servers are polluted by a few massive whales with 47 accounts each, hopping from account to account, feeding their alts labor pot after labor pot, crafting the entire day. On Trino's official servers, you go to even the most desertic servers and you see pages after pages of delphinad and epherium gear being sold. On the russian server, despite a very healthy population, there were just a few delphinads being sold at a time.

That, I felt, was the true gate to the gear progression.

From my experience on their other server, I'd say it is. I felt like people swiped a lot less because they were getting a lot more from every swipe AND because the true gate was labor and there was no way around that (can't buy labor pots) besides by breaking the rules (getting alt accounts). I'd see people with a lot of gold who did swipe, most certainly, but there simply wasn't that many items on the AH.

Like, the feel was really different and it really hit me: how much Trion's official servers are polluted by a few massive whales with 47 accounts each, hopping from account to account, feeding their alts labor pot after labor pot, crafting the entire day. On Trino's official servers, you go to even the most desertic servers and you see pages after pages of delphinad and epherium gear being sold. On the russian server, despite a very healthy population, there were just a few delphinads being sold at a time.

That, I felt, was the true gate to the gear progression.

This may be true, but keep in mind the server had way less people than this NA release will. The amount of people that will be willing to craft will be way higher, which will have more people willing to swipe or do whatever they need to in order to get these items

This may be true, but keep in mind the server had way less people than this NA release will. The amount of people that will be willing to craft will be way higher, which will have more people willing to swipe or do whatever they need to in order to get these items
They're still bound by labor, which is limited. You can swipe all you want, but at the end of the day, you're still limited by the labor of people who have the proficiency to craft items. As you can't gift them labor potions, the true gate is effectively labor.

I'm happy to see you around, though, Disrep. <3

The thing that's making me wonder if I should start playing or not is the "Credit Transfer" since one or two days before the 21 everyone will sell everything out of RU and buy credits to transfer to NA.
I think it would be the best to give a fair fresh start to everyone for some time before allowing such things... just saying.
I mean me personally agree with what you are saying, But also I bought credits less then a week ago, that I would not have bought if I knew this server was going up. So it kinda helps some of us NA people that started playing on Russian, feel ok about going over to NA because we won't lose all of the investment we already made.

I mean me personally agree with what you are saying, But also I bought credits less then a week ago, that I would not have bought if I knew this server was going up. So it kinda helps some of us NA people that started playing on Russian, feel ok about going over to NA because we won't lose all of the investment we already made.
Im not saying u shouldnt be able to transfer them , im saying its shouldnt be posible to transfer them on the first day. They should give some time to people to gear up so when the credit is transfered the impact is close to none or something.

Im not saying u shouldnt be able to transfer them , im saying its shouldnt be posible to transfer them on the first day. They should give some time to people to gear up so when the credit is transfered the impact is close to none or something.
I could agree with this.

They're still bound by labor, which is limited. You can swipe all you want, but at the end of the day, you're still limited by the labor of people who have the proficiency to craft items. As you can't gift them labor potions, the true gate is effectively labor.

I'm happy to see you around, though, Disrep. <3
Hi hi! Server seems promising so ill check it out, not doing anything serious I believe but it will be good memes

I will cash instant Treehouse, farms, mining drills - full program ^^ I mean this is totally broken but what can we do if they sell this.

Worst case scenario would be: Cash shop is open on launch, but you cannot transfer credits from RU server to NA server (like they talked about letting us do)

Because if I remember correctly, when leveling up, you only get enough tax certs to place down your 8x8 scarecrow farm, and on this server (assuming it is like RU) you cannot craft tax certs until you are level 52, which means your average player (like myself) would not be able to rush 2-3 characters to 50 gilda and buy 3 thatched houses to claim land, and would actually be delayed from doing so until level 52

...HOWEVER, since the cash shop is open, this means the only people that can bypass this housing issue are the ones that donate on day 1 and buy the tax certs from the marketplace

Meaning the only way to get premier housing spots like Sanddeep island is by p2w

...I definitely have my concerns about this server...I mean, anytime a pserver is hosted in NA its risky (The recent WoW TBC felmyst/gummy server for example) but if the only way to get good housing is by buying credits then I feel like I'm forced to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back