What's new

Need suggestions on how to get gear at level 55

Asherz

Hi,

I made this account back in Oct 2018 but was never able to install the game until about a week ago. Since the account is old, I don't qualify for the service pack at level 52 or level 55 (not sure when the player gets it)

So can anyone offer me advice how to get geared at level 55 without having the pack?

I'm looking for the most proficient way of gearing up.

thanks and happy gaming :)

You could opt for grinding a set of Auroria gear, it's quite decent. Then once you got that you can start earning gold to work on something better.

thanks Aviendha, does that drop in Diamond Shores or is there a better place to farm Auroria?

Any Auroria zone, but in war time the loot drop is higher, so that would be zones like DS, Aegis, Whalesong, Reedwind, and Golden Ruins.

DS useful if you're also upgrading your prestige cloak, Aegis and Whalesong drop best purses.

So the most important question is that farming gear can make a player compatible with those that receive the free service pack?

Welcome to the game \o/

Auroria gear is decent and tbh, upgraded Dawnsdrop is good too. You can start from there, then start doing some dungeons like Greater Hawlinng Abyss (GHA) and Serpentis. But, if you just started, I suggest to create a new account so you can get the support pack, as it has great gear and weapons (Celestial Obsidian).

Levelling up is not hard on this server. You can either do your quests, or for faster level up, I suggest to afk fishing to get to level 52 in like 3 hours, then do your story quests. Let me know if you need anything, send me a message to Qisna.

Welcome to the game \o/

Auroria gear is decent and tbh, upgraded Dawnsdrop is good too. You can start from there, then start doing some dungeons like Greater Hawlinng Abyss (GHA) and Serpentis. But, if you just started, I suggest to create a new account so you can get the support pack, as it has great gear and weapons (Celestial Obsidian).

Levelling up is not hard on this server. You can either do your quests, or for faster level up, I suggest to afk fishing to get to level 52 in like 3 hours, then do your story quests. Let me know if you need anything, send me a message to Qisna.

Creating a new account isn't the solution for everyone, due to lack of extra e-mail address :p Also, keep in mind, if you do decide to do this @Asherz you must ask the devs to ban your old account. Or they both might get banned.

Also, Dawnsdrop upgrades cost gold and/or mats, Auroria gear doesn't need to be upgraded, and the skill boosts it has is very helpful.

Side note regarding the support pack: it doesn't include waist/wrist gear because obsidian doesn't have those, so Auroria gear is useful for those two gear slots in the long run.

So the most important question is that farming gear can make a player compatible with those that receive the free service pack?

Oh I missed your question xD yes you can get there, it will just take you a bit longer than the rest.

I already donated on this account so i like to ride it out on here.. To be honest I forgot I made this account but it's okay.. Just kinda sucks because I never figured out how to download the game back when the account was created. It's really my fault for not reading things through including the rules but I read them now and tbh for the most part I think the server rules are good.. they remove a lot of BS you will find on servers for other mmos.

Anyway thanks for the help!

Don't worry, have fun with the game and don't rush to gearing etc. Make friends, have fun. Let me know if you need anything \o/

IGN: Qisna

i decided to pass on Archerage for now.. I do have 3700 credits but this whole gearing thing seems to be one sided and favors those with newer accounts or those already well established in the game.. So I will wait and maybe come back when it's more fair to those of us new to the server despite being an older account.

i decided to pass on Archerage for now.. I do have 3700 credits but this whole gearing thing seems to be one sided and favors those with newer accounts or those already well established in the game.. So I will wait and maybe come back when it's more fair to those of us new to the server despite being an older account.

Did you find a guild? Ask for assistance in doing things? Everything I've read made it sound like you're trying to tackle this as a solo player, and that's not conducive to success. Archeage is not a solo game. We've had members of various guilds gear up at entirely different paces, but all of them gear up faster than solo players do because you need help. It'll never be "more fair" because if it were made "more fair" to new players, old players would leave in droves because of all the effort they put into themselves over the months would be considered wasted.

Well Hopefully u get to comeback when Hiram Gear is here. Hiram Gear is better than Aurorean Gear so that can make u catch up on things. with that gear u can literally do dungeons, farm mobs, n survive in a lot of Content around Archeage. you could also pvp against those that not yet have hiram but have same gs equally. anyways, the game is getting better n hopefully u come back.

Back