What's new

New auto loot pet item

Until they were 8 years into existence, Lineage 2 didn't. I was killing upwards of 40-50 mobs per pull, each dropping currency and at least 1 crafting material, and would sit there with my party members spamming the pickup button to grab drops as soon as the pull was done, and did this for years. Auto-looting is laziness, plain and simple. I love how the people defending it can't be arsed with finding out if they actually looted the at-most-8 bodies they killed in one pull lmao

I realized why others stopped responding to you. It doesn't automates anything, and it's not laziness if by ping or other reasons you have to smash that "F" button. We have complete different view on what is lazy and what is not. But feel superior to us, because you can press one button over-and-over again.

I couldn't care less about this pet armor, but it was put into this game for a good reason. Bots were existing for this game even without this pet. OP asked if it is in the game or not. You don't have to use it, it doesn't give any advantage to you, just press those "F"-s like there is no tomorrow, and that's it. Others may like it. It doesn't automates anything, doesn't help bots either. You are delusional, and I am done with you, I mentioned on my last post why it doesn't affect this game, yet you just call us lazy. Great.

And anything you said loses all credibility with this right here. Auto is literally in the name.

An auto-loot pet loots on behalf of the owner, it doesn't automate the action of looting in the same sense as would a macro or bot. There really is not a difference between performing the action of looting and performing the action of attacking, which battle pets already do.

Repetitive looting of mobs does not add value to the game experience, and simplifying it doesn't adversely affect the game or any other character. There is no reason why it should not be facilitated with the use of pets.

An auto-loot pet loots on behalf of the owner, it doesn't automate the action of looting in the same sense as would a macro or bot. There really is not a difference between performing the action of looting and performing the action of attacking, which battle pets already do.

Repetitive looting of mobs does not add value to the game experience, and simplifying it doesn't adversely affect the game or any other character. There is no reason why it should not be facilitated with the use of pets.

One person has a grinding pet and is in party with another person who has an auto-loot pet. Looting gets done when a mob gets killed, congrats it's a bot-less botting exploitation of the system. No.

One person has a grinding pet and is in party with another person who has an auto-loot pet. Looting gets done when a mob gets killed, congrats it's a bot-less botting exploitation of the system. No.
Congrats on using my example after realising you can't use it for afk farm. Who tf would use this method, when you need to invest in heavy, and highly inefficient? You get even more from afk fishing..

Who tf would use this method, when you need to invest in heavy, and highly inefficient? You get even more from afk fishing..

Except it's neither of those. The investment is negligible at best (Celestial Illustrious+ pet gear is not hard to make) and it's only inefficient if you are at the computer during this grind. If you and your friend set up overnight, it's INCREDIBLY efficient because if you guys sleep for 8 hours and this goes on, that's 8 hours of zero effort by you for 8 hours of free items that you can set up every night and spend nothing on worms or a fishing rod.

It would not be an exploitation of the system because it would be permitted by game mechanics. I get that you don't like the idea of auto-piloting pets, and you have a solid argument that too much AFK farming can be negative for the game as a whole. However, the fact that you don't like the idea of people employing more efficient mechanics doesn't mean that it's an exploitation. I just can't see a scenario in which auto-looting pets would be game-breaking.

By your same logic, do you have a problem with people AFK fishing?

By your same logic, do you have a problem with people AFK fishing?

No, because afk fishing costs resources (worms and fishing pole) to make Dawn Lake Light Essence (more resources because blue salt knives) in order to sell said DLLE to people on the AH. It turns one set of items into another item with no gold gained from the action itself since no gold is created.

The auto-looting pet setup described is literally making gold out of zero effort on the user's end. AFK overnight, you now have 8 hours of coinpurses and drops that all you need to spend to acquire is labor. This isn't even a comparable situation, how could you be ridiculous enough to not see that? Even though this is a moot point because the item doesn't exist until later versions, I can't believe someone is such an imbecile that they don't see the problem with a bot-less bot setup like this on a private server and how it could hurt the game's economy. This isn't "more efficient mechanics", this is a bot without the script.

You'll find that being insulting is not the best way to win people over to your point of view. We're done.

And let me show you this valley of give-a-fucks I have over here. *waves at nothing*

If you can't see that a bot-less bot is bad for a game, as you and others have been arguing for the last 30 posts, then clearly nothing I say will dissuade you from thinking like an imbecile, so I'm just calling it like I see it.

Back