What's new

New player questions

Tsulan

So the last time i played ArcheAge was back in 2015. I left when Thunderstruck wood became worthless over night.

Now my questions are:
- How stable is ArcheRage? Since i never played on a private server i don´t really know what to expect.
- How is the latency for EU players? Is it playable in PvP?
- How populated is the server? Is the population evenly spread between east and west or has one side the clear upper hand?
- Will the server stay on it´s current version or will it progress to a different version. If so, when?

Hi!

Welcome to ArcheRage.
If we speak about the stability, server is actively working for long time already. We started from 2.9, then updated to 3.0 and 3.0b. Current server version is 3.5 with custom changes. We'll update to 4.0 this fall.
For the server features check THIS thread.
For the details on ping and other questions you may have, check HERE.
If you decide to join our server, make sure to receive your Support Pack for the easier start. Details can be found HERE.

Players will reply you regarding the rest.

- How stable is ArcheRage? Since i never played on a private server i don´t really know what to expect.

The server ran sort of badly at one point but there was a brilliant optimization a few months ago and it solved many issues. Right now it runs very well. Server issues are very rare, e.g. heavy lag spikes or crashes. Some people complain about longer load times than live. I cannot comment about that though.
Overall server is very stable and running since October 2017 I believe.

- How is the latency for EU players? Is it playable in PvP?

Server is in Quebec, Canada.
Expect slightly less than 100 from Ireland, maybe UK, Portugal, all the far west / north-west countries. I from germany get ~120. It's playable for sure. Generally I'd say that if you want to play a class that needs to keep its distance to enemies, low ping is neccessary. If you need to be the one chasing, a higher ping isn't as bad.
Everything is playable at 120 ping though in my opinion.

- How populated is the server? Is the population evenly spread between east and west or has one side the clear upper hand?

I'd say yes, the population on east & west is spread close to evenly. East in that regard has the upper hand as they regularly ally with one of the player nations. West is all by itself. 2 player nations exist and a third is in the making and close to finishing from what I'm hearing. Most of the pvpers are in any of these 3 groups.

You said you quit after the Cash Shop thunderstruck-dilemma. I suggest you to inform yourself about player nations since I assume you don't know what it is, as you didn't mention it either. For pvpers its a nice thing, for anyone who would like to stay east/west to pvp it's frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:
Back