What's new

New style of banning: Mimicry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipsy

I cannot believe I'm going to be making this thread, but here goes! So @Sparkle, I gotta ask you...what's up with your chat ban system? What are the rules, exactly?

1. Players spam obscenities regularly, either getting multiple chat bans at a time for various amounts or don't get chat bans at all despite them speaking in a derrogatory fashion towards a person whether they intended to or not (see Dahmer getting hit for saying "x for GR. Mat is horse cum" or Fidelis and anyone that talks to him).
2. Players spam nonsensical things that fill up faction/nation chat regularly and get no chat bans at all despite it being the definition of spam (see many people spamming "ARRRROOOOOOOOOO" for 10 minutes straight until they hit the character limit).
3. Players spam words that others seem to deem "their own language" and get 3-day chat bans (see Krystel calling everyone "sug", "sweetheart", "XOXO", "hun", and all the other things you can think of being categorized under "unnecessary Southern charm").

Where is the line drawn? Are you saying that because she spams it incessantly in chat that no one at all is allowed to say "sweetheart" or "honey" or "XOXO"? Why is it when people call others the N-word, your response is "just block them", but when players parrot what she says, your response is "3-day chat ban YOLO" and then you're shocked that people want to leave your server? Now I'm saying I can't believe I'm making this thread because holy fuck this is literally someone trying to roleplay as Rogue from X-Men, but there needs to be a well-defined line being drawn of what is considered "bullying" and what is considered simple mimicry. I called her out on being annoying and never shutting the fuck up and didn't get a chat ban, but one of my guild members says "WTB Legendary Plate <3 XOXO <3 sweethearts" in trade chat and he gets a 3-day ban for it? Someone else starts saying "hon" or "sweetheart in every message they type, and because Krystel said it first, they get a 3-day chat ban? Next thing you're gonna ban people for is saying "good morning everyone" after Krystel does it because she thinks we're all just mimicking her and you're just gonna throw bans out left and right over a fucking chat rule you yourself aren't telling her to follow.

This is bullshit and you need to remove the chat ban you've put on half the fucking West because of this person and re-evaluate what your response to complaints should be, because you're trying to throw around weight you don't have all because a 12-year-old that's trying to lure in pedophiles doesn't like the fact that there are other people on the Internet that talk in a fashion she doesn't like.

Here's the thing, I'm the one that did most of the "bullying" , I get it. I deserve that 72 hours chat ban and I was expecting to get something like that. Spanker here btw. But half the faction now is chat banned for absolutely no reason. I was the only one that was actually rude and pretty much direct with what I had to say. All the others did was a laugh and mimic the "XOXOXO<3<3<3" "love" "hun" "sweetheart" and they got caught in the crossfire for NO REASON! They were not rude, they did not bully, they just used the exact same language as Krystal does. Just because she acts like a damsel in distress and gets the attention of the 14yo she has as guildies and they come crying for help, people that didn't deserve this punishment got it which is ridiculous. Please reevaluate your decision and remove the chat ban for the rest. I deserve it so leave it there for me.

Rules on the actions leading to the chat bans are still the same and all the chat bans are issued according to them. Please make sure to check them, all the replies to your questions are there.
They are the following:

14. Users are prohibited to provoke hate speeches in game chat. If such was detected in public chat, user's account or chat would be blocked for 24/48/96 hours, going forward it would be blocked permanently. For private chats and mails we have a chat/mail block available in game that players can use.

15. Users are prohibited from systematic abuse of obscene language in game chat. If such was detected in public chat, user's account or chat would be blocked for 24/48/96 hours, going forward it would be blocked permanently (note: the Administration keeps the decision about the punishment at its own discretion). For private chats and mails we have a chat/mail block available in game that players can use.

16. Aggressive behavior against other users (sex, nationality, age, creed related) may lead to account block. If such was detected in public chat, user's account or chat would be blocked for 24/48/96 hours, going forward it would be blocked permanently (note: the administration keeps the decision about the punishment at its own discretion). For private chats and mails we have a chat/mail block available in game that players can use.

Don't insult, harass or bully anybody in the public chats and you don't need to worry about being chat banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back