What's new

New style of banning: Mimicry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may, then while we are here I would like to make it known to all that on a personal level I have taken grave offence to the broad and unqualified statements that attempt to disseminate a perception that there is a generally accepted and agreed upon wide-ranging view and purvey that the phrases of intimacy herein which writs in concern have been posted to this thread and in in-game communiques which indeed were characterised as being potentially (mis)interpreted to insinuate a certain level of condescension as being a universally held perspective of natives of the lingua franca that is English on this electronic massive-multiplayer-online role-playing-game and that such is not a view that is held by myself personally at large speaking from my own perceptions as a native of what some may call a lesser-English subclass and that such a view is likely to be shared similarly among others, though, in this regard I recognise and accept the notion that certain phraseology may be deemed unacceptable by a great proportion of members of this game-server in due to their own experience both cultural and linguistic.​

As such I would like and ask that it be clarified as to what the minimum standards and requirements with which is this community being held to given that in so far in relation to communication with a reportedly excessive use of such language deemed overly intimate has only been reached in response to the outbursts of vocal minorities on all sides of the issue and debate that has been wrought in this thread of textual posts through which passionate, intense, and high level discussions and salvos of fighting words have been levelled amongst all involved.​

Indeed, while it is clear that​
In case a word or a phrase is used by a player too often and found insulting for a big amount of players and proven by them to be such, it can be considered harassment

it can be argued for day-and-night on end for naught that in such a time that this ruling has been put forth it may be deemed as excessive in light of the small mobility required for such a change to have surfaced in the first place? Then, in due course there must be talks of what constitutes a "big amount of players" for such a response to be necessitated by the moderation team - indeed I am requesting that the criterion with which the characteristic of "big amount of players" is correlated and/or identified to. Is it to be a numerical value that corresponds to a quantifiably significant percentage proportion of the total active account base on the server or a more gelatinous perception wherein there appears to be a large firestorm from a fractionous number of persons? Then in such a case, would the quashing of such a firestorm not only be seen as tokenistic at best? This and other salient points introduced earlier and herein may be cleared by the full publication by a Harassment Working Group Committee of a complete theory model.​

Furthermore, clarification of the Western nomenclature in regards to the English language as to what phrases, words, and style of statement which constituted demeaning and insultory language is hardly agreed upon in the Anglosphere given the variegated peoples for whom English is a native tongue. Many an Australian comrade upon this server would gladly give to those whom would make such a mistake as to listen and earful or in this case a word-ful rant to which they express their disappointment in their fellow English speakers of different experience with a greatly diminished notion of that which constitutes “insulting”, especially in regards to many well known single-syllable words that are classified as cursory in all but their nation. Indeed, their only comrade in linguistic arms are the New Zealanders; in such case these two nations share overlapping and parallel viewpoints which are broadly orthogonal to the remainder of the Anglosphere with exception to the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland. In so far as this line of thought travels then one could interpret that these such persons would be limited in their expression as would have been deemed inflammatory by this server at large – of this there are countless exemplars among fellow player and guild-mates. Though, I do lament that such persons are mindful enough to understand when "enough is enough" as it were and to hold their tongue-in-cheek. Indeed, this behaviour is exemplary of the ideal player then!​

Finally, I wish to ask if it will be observed and reported that writing in such an ostentatious and pompous manner to obfuscate meaning as I have just so done will therein result in the awarding of a "chat-ban" or "forum-ban" given that such language and style has in some cases been used to apparently ostracise and belittle those of no mind to delve into the meaning of writings in this style so as to make the original writer as being interpreted as "putting on airs" or "acting in disdain" for those they communicate with - such as would be called "condescension"?​

I assure all whom read this that I mean no disrespect nor haughtiness in the regard just so mentioned.​

I patiently await your positive response.​

With kind regards and utmost sincerity,​

- xkf2​

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of demeaning or humiliating chat on Faction/Nation/Guild/Family even Trade does that mean that i can report it even though it is not address to me?
I don't get it! If you find it offensive even if it is not address to you, block him/her. No need to add new rules.

I've seen a lot of demeaning or humiliating chat on Faction/Nation/Guild/Family even Trade does that mean that i can report it even though it is not address to me?
I don't get it! If you find it offensive even if it is not address to you, block him/her. No need to add new rules.

And therein lies the problem. Those who are complaining about Krys' manner of speaking have the option to block her, are refusing to do so, and are, instead, creating a mountain out of a mole hill, simply because three people were reported by second parties, and got chat banned. Case in point, Flipsy's continued insistence that "12" people were banned. Even the administrator has stated that this number is highly inflated.

Such tactics are often used by those who wish to create a negative response to the subject in question, be it a person, place or thing. It is a means of stirring up a 'mob' mentality and creating friction where none has existed previously.

Player was warned to avoid using intimate words while speaking to the strangers and respect the request of the majority, and the other party in their turn should make sure to avoid further bulling or insults of a player and other connected players.​
If parties will ignore it, they will receive a further punishment in a form of chat ban.​

Additional rule is also added to the server rules list.​

In case a word or a phrase is used by a player too often and found insulting for a big amount of players and proven by them to be such, it can be considered harassment. In such a case, player will receive a warning and, if ignored, further will be punished with a chat ban.
Chat would be blocked for 24/48/96 hours, going forward it would be blocked permanently (note: the administration keeps the decision about the punishment at its own discretion). For private chats and mails we have a chat/mail block available in game that players can use.

This means I need to know who these people are and they need to tell me they do not want me to speak to them in the manner I normally address people. I don't even recall all of my friends most of the time let alone strangers, so the way I can avoid doing this with them is to block them so I will NOT respond to them again and refrain from offending them.

Percisely... this has nothing with me being suposedly offensive but its about the people here trying to control how I respond to the world. (In short bullying me to act like they see fit) I have asked them to let me block them and for them to block me and they stated earlier in this post "No"

It's like beating a dead horse at this point.
It has already been said that using excessive 'pet names' to someone who asked to stop can be seen as harassment.

Just the definitions of the word are not negative, true, but it is the connotation (definition: "something suggested by a word or thing : implication.") that makes people feel awkward, which in this scenario can be understood mainly by native English speakers or those who studied the language intensively like myself. As Serusata said:

Edit: I found this an interesting example.
View attachment 8656
And you know I have been told to say "Bless your heart!" on several occasions by those who think yall are trolling me. I do not operate that way.... trolling leads to more trolling.. two wrongs do not make it right. Controlling anyone because you just want to have power over someone is not right... a compromise which would end this was suggested andit was ignored by ALL parties including Sparkles. Here it is again.. there is a block feature... why is it not being utilized?

This is how it should be... if you are offended tell the person in a mail that you are offended and screenshot it in the SENT box. This protects the offended party that they DID send it. If anyone tells me they are offended I will block them... its the only way I can grantee I won't respond to you in the manner you find offensive.
Why has this been ignored since before this forum was even placed. I tell you why. I ignored Flipsy after he threatened me and my mom in game that if I don't act like he wants me he would attack me, my mom and any guild I join. I blocked his toxicity so he created this forum to keep rallying people to his cause.

So you know, there are just as many people who like how I am as who don't. Who gives this group the right to say I can't be myself around them?
So again, block me and let me know so I can block you as well if you are offended. I am not wanting to offend you but I am not wanting to be BULLIED into being someone I'm not.

♥XOXO♥
Krystal

P.S: The screenshots are just from last night and today alone... before this I never thought I had to take photos proving that people were positively affected by me as well. The one today thought yall were a joke and this was some elaborate play because of how silly the topic was.

Attachments

• ScreenShot0077.jpg
    ScreenShot0077.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 268
  • ScreenShot0078.jpg
    ScreenShot0078.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 183
  • ScreenShot0079.jpg
    ScreenShot0079.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 184
  • ScreenShot0075.jpg
    ScreenShot0075.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 1568914050284.png
    1568914050284.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 200
It's like beating a dead horse at this point.
It has already been said that using excessive 'pet names' to someone who asked to stop can be seen as harassment.
Not if you don't tell me that you don't like it. so tell me in game you don't like it block me the end. My name is Krystal in game so tell me yours please.

Suppose the rules are set, and how Krystal is expressing herself in the in-game chat is insulting, what is the limit then?
Say, some people will take an answer "no" offensive. What is the limit on what kind of words are offensive, because depending on a situation, anything can be offensive to a certain personality.
In which case, banning for every "offensive" word will result in a boring, cold and indifferent game. Like having everyone dress in the same gray costume set.

The block system is in the game, and if you are offended by anyone, not just Krystal, you use that system. That is the point of why you can block people. I see much more harrasing messages in the chat, that just get through without anyone crying about it.

PS: And really, just grow up, if you really get offended by anything in a video game, I don't see how you can survive in a real world social environment.

Last edited:
Lol controlling by simply asking you to not use pet names. That's hardly controlling. By the way thanks for showing that Sparkle pretty much told you that what you do is wrong as well and can result in a ban. But again you are gonna play that 'victim' card and ignore the fact that you are part of the problem. Flipsy didn't 'rally' us, we noticed his post and replied as well because we agree with him.
Why should we respect your wishes when you cant ours? TELL ME, why wont you respect other people asking you to OH MY GOODNESS not say a few words to them? OH THE HORROR OF NOT SAYING A FEW WORDS.
Grow up Krystal.
And I don't need to tell you who I am, because I simply wont talk to you in game. But oh wait in your SS you said you are leaving so why bother, or did you lie about that?

Therefore, as Sparkle states in that message, you should avoid using pet names to people you don't know and people will not insult you or be rude with you. That's a compromise.

Therefore, as Sparkle states in that message, you should avoid using pet names to people you don't know and people will not insult you or be rude with you. That's a compromise.
No that is you bullying me into conforming to you. It is my personality of 30 years and I'm suppose to change it? No the compromise is we both take steps to stop it. I block you so I don't see you which in game I have and now I will here too after this post. Then you take steps. A compromise is both sides taking steps to mutually eliminate the issue not just me. Since you don't know how to look up words allow me to help you this one final time.

com·pro·mise
/ˈkämprəˌmīz/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: compromise; plural noun: compromises

an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

I have already blocked you and your friends. As mom said, this is just a forum that Flipsy to force his agenda because I have already blocked him in game and now even here. Follow my example in both and that will be a compromise. besides if you dislike me so much, why even communicate with me at all or even know I exist? Because you want to troll.

Because I want you to realize that you are part of the problem, but you wont grow up lol. But as u said you are leaving the server, so bye bye <3

No that is you bullying me into conforming to you. It is my personality of 30 years and I'm suppose to change it? No the compromise is we both take steps to stop it. I block you so I don't see you which in game I have and now I will here too after this post. Then you take steps. A compromise is both sides taking steps to mutually eliminate the issue not just me. Since you don't know how to look up words allow me to help you this one final time.

com·pro·mise
/ˈkämprəˌmīz/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: compromise; plural noun: compromises

an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

I have already blocked you and your friends. As mom said, this is just a forum that Flipsy to force his agenda because I have already blocked him in game and now even here. Follow my example in both and that will be a compromise. besides if you dislike me so much, why even communicate with me at all or even know I exist? Because you want to troll.

It is not just a forum. Is a rule now set in game as well. Take it as you wish, it exists now and will be enforced.

you all are so freaking frail, this is really a 7 page thread?!?! If this were real life, I would expect Krystal to recognize a request to not speak to someone that way or just not talk to them at all. But this is a VIDEO GAME, people! You don't like it, block her! End of story!

Now I need to reflect on my self as to why I even read all this stupid drama in the first place...

Reactions: TEP
you all are so freaking frail, this is really a 7 page thread?!?! If this were real life, I would expect Krystal to recognize a request to not speak to someone that way or just not talk to them at all. But this is a VIDEO GAME, people! You don't like it, block her! End of story!

Now I need to reflect on my self as to why I even read all this stupid drama in the first place...
*gives you popcorn* same reason ive read the thread,ITS FUN :p *goes back to eating popcorn*

I have a severe memory issue as I have explained. There are times I don't even know I am friends with people. So in order to fulfill the wishes not to talk to people like Spanker I need to block them. They refuse to block me or allow me to know who they are so I can block them. I recognize that they don't want me to talk to them and I wish to block them so I don't talk to them... they fail to meet me half way and tell me who they are so I CAN block them and also they refuse to block me in return. It's nothing more than a hook by which to bullying me. I have been the way I am for 30 years and this group wants me to change my habits for them and continue to interact with them. Take habits you have done for 30 years and try to quit under threat of being attacked in game and banned by the staff and see how successful you are. To keep my mannerisms out of this post it took me 20 seconds to write it but then another 5 to edit it. Try having to edit your every word spoken in a chat in game which moves very promptly... by the time you get a sentence ready to post... the subject matter has already moved forward onto something else, so you erase it and don't say anything. The compromise where both sides give is block.. the end.

Clearly there is a language barrier here so let me try something for that then... google translate to the rescue =D

English
I need to know who you are so I can block you and you can block me if you find me offensive. If you find me offensive I have no desire to talk to you in the first place.

Portugese
Preciso saber quem você é para que eu possa bloquear você e você pode me bloquear se me achar ofensivo. Se você me achar ofensivo, não desejo falar com você em primeiro lugar.

French
J'ai besoin de savoir qui vous êtes pour que je puisse vous bloquer et vous pouvez me bloquer si vous me trouvez offensant. Si vous me trouvez offensant, je n'ai aucune envie de vous parler.

German
Ich muss wissen, wer du bist, damit ich dich blockieren kann und du mich blockieren kannst, wenn du mich beleidigend findest. Wenn Sie mich beleidigend finden, habe ich überhaupt keine Lust, mit Ihnen zu sprechen.

Russian

Мне нужно знать, кто ты, чтобы я мог заблокировать тебя, и ты можешь заблокировать меня, если посчитаете меня оскорбительным. Если вы сочтете меня оскорбительным, у меня нет желания разговаривать с вами в первую очередь.

Chinese
我需要知道你是谁,所以我可以阻止你,你可以阻止我,如果你发现我有冒犯精神。如果你发现我有攻击性,我首先不想和你说话。
Wǒ xūyào zhīdào nǐ shì shéi, suǒyǐ wǒ kěyǐ zǔzhǐ nǐ, nǐ kěyǐ zǔzhǐ wǒ, rúguǒ nǐ fāxiàn wǒ yǒu màofàn jīngshén. Rúguǒ nǐ fāxiàn wǒ yǒu gōngjí xìng, wǒ shǒuxiān bùxiǎng hé nǐ shuōhuà.

If there is any issues... sorry I used google translate. This is in case english is not a primary or even a language people speak.

Well, should we translate the rule that was added for you as well since you don't seem to be able to comprehend to keep your pet names out of public chats?

Each party proved that the words of another are insulting for them, so each party will need to refrain from further use of that words or parties will be removed from the communication with a help of a chat ban. This is related to the public chats communication only!

P.S. As a new rule stated "found insulting for a big amount of players and proven by them to be such". So if no offending component is proven, no punishment is issued, meaning false reporting will not lead to your ban. As for the amount of players, it's left for staff to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back