What's new

New style of banning: Mimicry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep telling players that 12 people were chat banned for 3+ days for nothing.
I know 3 names that were chat banned for 72 hours. I provided the examples of their words on the 1st page of the discussion. They were insulting.
As I had no other names and you still haven't provided them, I spoke with the other staff members, who could be issuing chat bans. They said there were no other chat bans that long and most cases were short term chat bans. That means you are providing players with the incorrect information trying to cover the insults under unfairness or there is a mistake somewhere. And I want to know it!
So, please, provide me with the names of 12 players you were referring to, so each of them could be checked by me.

I know of 3 specifically because I know those people personally. A fourth got hit for a chat ban related to this situation but I believe he/she was hit because of a combination of things being said and that was just what brought their behavior to light. Amusingly enough, I wasn't banned for mocking her but that was also coincidentally when Krystel's saviors weren't online to screenshot and report me. When this was brought to light in-game, people from guilds not related to those 3 were hit for chat bans not long after a particular pair of white knights said they'd report anyone mocking Krystel, and they themselves said they have at least one guild member who was affected by it. So my number is an estimation. 4 people confirmed with chat bans, 4 people from unrelated guilds messaged me after their chat bans were already up telling me they have a guild member also currently chat banned for it. 4 + (4x2) = 12. Sorry I don't have an eidetic memory to remember names from over a week ago.

And therein lies the problem. Those who are complaining about Krys' manner of speaking have the option to block her, are refusing to do so, and are, instead, creating a mountain out of a mole hill, simply because three people were reported by second parties, and got chat banned. Case in point, Flipsy's continued insistence that "12" people were banned. Even the administrator has stated that this number is highly inflated.

Such tactics are often used by those who wish to create a negative response to the subject in question, be it a person, place or thing. It is a means of stirring up a 'mob' mentality and creating friction where none has existed previously.

This means I need to know who these people are and they need to tell me they do not want me to speak to them in the manner I normally address people. I don't even recall all of my friends most of the time let alone strangers, so the way I can avoid doing this with them is to block them so I will NOT respond to them again and refrain from offending them.

If you ask me if I want to have sex with you and I decline and you proceed to try and unbutton my pants, I am being harassed.
If you ask me if I want to be resuscitated and I decline and you proceed to try and defibrillate me while flatlining, I am being assaulted.
If you ask me if I want to be given a pet name and I decline and you proceed to keep calling me a name, I am being harassed.

I'm not asking for her/you to move mountains. I'm asking for common courtesy to be given. People cannot simply KNOW you're going to call them a name when they log in to the server so saying "tell me if you don't want me to talk to you like this so I can block you" is not a compromise, it's asking people to predict the future which is comically unreasonable. I'm just asking you to say "hey, do you mind if I give you a pet name? It's in my nature to do so" and respect their wishes if they say no like you didn't respect mine when I told you that you weren't my grandmother so stop talking down to me. Again, you're supposedly from a Southern upbringing if this type of talk is considered "normal", so what happened to respecting people's wishes and requests?

@Flipsy Thank you for explanation. That proves that your words that 12 people chat banned for 3+ days were incorrect.

@KrystalM Summarizing, what you were asked to do, is to refrain from using pet words on public or, at least, reduce their number as much as you can for the first time until you are used to it, as people can find it insulting.

That doesn’t mean that you are restricted to be you, but if another player is insulting you, you are asking to punish that player, right? But if that player would say it’s a part of his nature and we are not letting him to be him by not letting him to insult, should we say, then it’s alright, you can continue?
Many players here mentioned that such words are insulting for them and provided explanations. You need to respect that as well if you want them to respect you.
As I said earlier and will repeat the last time here, if one party will not respect another party, it will be punished with the chat ban.
As you see it also means, if players will continue to insult you, they will receive their punishment again.

To the all thread participants, those who already voiced themselves or maybe still want to say something:
I think we can close this thread, or should I still leave it for now?

Close it please. This needs to die already. Thank you for clarifying and adjusting the rules to accommodate the most people possible!

@Flipsy Thank you for explanation. That proves that your words that 12 people chat banned for 3+ days were incorrect.

@KrystalM Summarizing, what you were asked to do, is to refrain from using pet words on public or, at least, reduce their number as much as you can for the first time until you are used to it, as people can find it insulting.

That doesn’t mean that you are restricted to be you, but if another player is insulting you, you are asking to punish that player, right? But if that player would say it’s a part of his nature and we are not letting him to be him by not letting him to insult, should we say, then it’s alright, you can continue?
Many players here mentioned that such words are insulting for them and provided explanations. You need to respect that as well if you want them to respect you.
As I said earlier and will repeat the last time here, if one party will not respect another party, it will be punished with the chat ban.
As you see it also means, if players will continue to insult you, they will receive their punishment again.

To the all thread participants, those who already voiced themselves or maybe still want to say something:
I think we can close this thread, or should I still leave it for now?
Close it. they got what they wanted they used you to censor me for everyone, even those who didn't know this thread was going on. So flipsy spoke for everyone on the server and you allowed censorship... yeah... great server.

Close it. they got what they wanted they used you to censor me for everyone, even those who didn't know this thread was going on. So flipsy spoke for everyone on the server and you allowed censorship... yeah... great server.

Asking you to ask permission is not censorship, it's asking you to have common courtesy, sweetheart.
TELLING you to stop saying something forever is censorship, hon.

But yes, please close the thread. Thank you for putting a rule into perspective. As I said in the previous thread: I can't believe it had to be done, but well...yeah, I don't have a good closing statement.

Player was warned to avoid using intimate words while speaking to the strangers and respect the request of the majority, and the other party in their turn should make sure to avoid further bulling or insults of a player and other connected players.​
If parties will ignore it, they will receive a further punishment in a form of chat ban.​

Additional rule is also added to the server rules list.​

In case a word or a phrase is used by a player too often and found insulting for a big amount of players and proven by them to be such, it can be considered harassment. In such a case, player will receive a warning and, if ignored, further will be punished with a chat ban.
Chat would be blocked for 24/48/96 hours, going forward it would be blocked permanently (note: the administration keeps the decision about the punishment at its own discretion). For private chats and mails we have a chat/mail block available in game that players can use.

There is a block for all chats you just refuse to acknowledge it.

There is a block for all chats you just refuse to acknowledge it.

If a person spams the N-word and all people block him, it doesn't do a thing.
If a person spams the N-word and people ask him to stop, his stopping or lack thereof tells of his character.

If you spam pet names in a seemingly derogatory manner and people block you, it doesn't do a thing.
If you spam pet names in a seemingly derogatory manner and people ask you to stop, your stopping or lack thereof tells of your character.

Glad to know your true nature isn't a Southern Belle, it's a kid stomping her feet for not getting what she wants.

I know of 3 specifically because I know those people personally. A fourth got hit for a chat ban related to this situation but I believe he/she was hit because of a combination of things being said and that was just what brought their behavior to light. Amusingly enough, I wasn't banned for mocking her but that was also coincidentally when Krystel's saviors weren't online to screenshot and report me. When this was brought to light in-game, people from guilds not related to those 3 were hit for chat bans not long after a particular pair of white knights said they'd report anyone mocking Krystel, and they themselves said they have at least one guild member who was affected by it. So my number is an estimation. 4 people confirmed with chat bans, 4 people from unrelated guilds messaged me after their chat bans were already up telling me they have a guild member also currently chat banned for it. 4 + (4x2) = 12. Sorry I don't have an eidetic memory to remember names from over a week ago.

If you ask me if I want to have sex with you and I decline and you proceed to try and unbutton my pants, I am being harassed.
If you ask me if I want to be resuscitated and I decline and you proceed to try and defibrillate me while flatlining, I am being assaulted.
If you ask me if I want to be given a pet name and I decline and you proceed to keep calling me a name, I am being harassed.

I'm not asking for her/you to move mountains. I'm asking for common courtesy to be given. People cannot simply KNOW you're going to call them a name when they log in to the server so saying "tell me if you don't want me to talk to you like this so I can block you" is not a compromise, it's asking people to predict the future which is comically unreasonable. I'm just asking you to say "hey, do you mind if I give you a pet name? It's in my nature to do so" and respect their wishes if they say no like you didn't respect mine when I told you that you weren't my grandmother so stop talking down to me. Again, you're supposedly from a Southern upbringing if this type of talk is considered "normal", so what happened to respecting people's wishes and requests?

If you block her, if you don't speak to her, if you have zero communication with her, how is s he going to possibly use any term of endearment with you? It's absolutely astounding the lack of simple comprehension when it comes the block system and how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back