What's new

[New Zone] Wonderland

Couldn't get the loot from boss cause my inventory was full, kinda fustrating from doing a boss during 30min. And also, for the race, i think we didn't understand a thing. The race seemed bugged, i didn't get any color after taking the quest and being teleport.

I haven't tried the boss again after the changes or the races yet but I will update this post once I do! But what I can say is the 3 dailies seem balanced and more relaxing then before! Also I'm glad to see Eliz found her clothes again! 🥰

I haven't tried the boss again after the changes or the races yet but I will update this post once I do! But what I can say is the 3 dailies seem balanced and more relaxing then before! Also I'm glad to see Eliz found her clothes again! 🥰
Yes, Wine stuff is really appreciated in my guild. Fishing and ore too, even if we found them both O.K before. Also tried the Key/Chest things, it's really fun, having to explore island and island to open chest with funny stuff inside.

Boss is less chaotic now, no collision, we were around 8 doing it with another enemy faction clipper, sided to our clipper, that was cool. Even with these immune sorceress trying to break my soul. (I even do an endless infinite loop with my clipper)

So basically, when you take the race quest, your teleported. DO NOT ABSOLUTELY PRESS R.
I think the R thing should be on cooldown to be honest. It's easy to said to yourself " Oh, let's activate this skill, should be a cool thing ".
The race's pretty cool, even if i've only dropped basic stuff (ton of sandwitch :D), i ever think this would be great to make it a little longer. Like, 2-3 more chest at least. Give a coin at the completion of the buff would be cool too.

And i give another feedback about the boss (I'm not salty anymore from loosing my chest cause of my inventory).

I think the boss should at least gave shards and fragment, like 3 little chest to everyone plus the 2 coins already in quest.
The last one i participated (50min ago), there were only 4-5 people. The big looting chest is a thing, but i think it just create more frustration than everything else. I know you can't do like Thundra Titan and Pet things cause Wonderland should be a permanent event, but i think than adding some stuff than everyone can loot should be nice.

Also, if something like that is added, i would like to have a not-buggy looting version... The thing nice with looting normal monster is that you have around 5 min to make space in your inventory if it's full... Not deleting your loot in oblivion. (My sheet music take all my space tbh)

Sorry for my poor english, i hope everything was clear.

And i keep saying that the event project is cool, just need some fix ❤️'Archerage

The races were fun! It was cool frantically running around as different "animals". Would be neat to see different movement options on each form like extra movespeed, (or less depending on the animal!) or the ability to swim faster, jump higher, or even fly! (I didn't get a bird model so idk if flying would make sense).

The chest finding was a little tedious but thankfully I had a map made prior for all the chests throughout the week, so it was pretty easy and fun!

Do the shards we collect and craft up turn into wrapped versions of the pet/mount/vehicle? It would suck to get enough shards to make something you already have and it ends up being bound.

Last edited:
I've just ok to go in the Wonderland but, where are the daily quests?? I saw only the miner, but only him.. Any map with the quest's locations?

I've just ok to go in the Wonderland but, where are the daily quests?? I saw only the miner, but only him.. Any map with the quest's locations?

1658954049047.png

Added images of the weapon from Phantom Weapon Box to the main post.

Since we have some free time this morning ;) its become clear over time that the daily treasure hunting is desperate for a little tweaking. I was hoping you'd consider a few changes.

First, could you please drastically reduce the respawn timers for the chests? We are already limited to 25 per day (no spam farming possible) so there doesn't seem a need to have an hours' long respawn timer. Preferably something closer to 30-60 minutes would mean we'd still have to hunt and explore, but would eliminate days where multiple trips to the zone still wont complete the daily allotment.

Second, right now, the event is an exercise in futility. In 9 months of daily hunting, 0 rewards have been earned. This is way too much time for no payout. But I think there is an easy fix.

Instead of each item having a unique fragment, convert the fragments to generic glider/pet/mount/vehicle fragments, and then add a crafting/vendor option to convert into specific items

By the Numbers
Currently, I have 871 fragments, which represents more than 4300 chests over the 9 months, and not within reach of a single reward yet.

By the generic fragment system, instead I would have:
201 Vehicle fragments
288 Mount fragments
171 Pet fragments
211 Glider fragments
Which would convert to 9 prizes over the 9 months rather than 0.

Over the long run, the proc rate for fragments is 1 in 5 chests, that means on average 6 fragments a day. This would still mean ~90 days for the first reward and then about 1 reward a month after that.

In addition to it being more rewarding over a more reasonable length of time, it will allow you to more easily add/remove prize options as you wish, and could even give you more control over how quickly certain rewards could be achieved (glider A costs 65 fragments, glider B costs 85)

Since we have some free time this morning ;) its become clear over time that the daily treasure hunting is desperate for a little tweaking. I was hoping you'd consider a few changes.

First, could you please drastically reduce the respawn timers for the chests? We are already limited to 25 per day (no spam farming possible) so there doesn't seem a need to have an hours' long respawn timer. Preferably something closer to 30-60 minutes would mean we'd still have to hunt and explore, but would eliminate days where multiple trips to the zone still wont complete the daily allotment.

Second, right now, the event is an exercise in futility. In 9 months of daily hunting, 0 rewards have been earned. This is way too much time for no payout. But I think there is an easy fix.

Instead of each item having a unique fragment, convert the fragments to generic glider/pet/mount/vehicle fragments, and then add a crafting/vendor option to convert into specific items

By the Numbers
Currently, I have 871 fragments, which represents more than 4300 chests over the 9 months, and not within reach of a single reward yet.

By the generic fragment system, instead I would have:
201 Vehicle fragments
288 Mount fragments
171 Pet fragments
211 Glider fragments
Which would convert to 9 prizes over the 9 months rather than 0.

Over the long run, the proc rate for fragments is 1 in 5 chests, that means on average 6 fragments a day. This would still mean ~90 days for the first reward and then about 1 reward a month after that.

In addition to it being more rewarding over a more reasonable length of time, it will allow you to more easily add/remove prize options as you wish, and could even give you more control over how quickly certain rewards could be achieved (glider A costs 65 fragments, glider B costs 85)

First: Chests have a very short respawn time, not even a minute. BUT, there are many places where they can respawn, so just waiting at the same place andtrying to loot one same chest is not the best tactics. There are almost several hundred treasure chests available in Wonderland simultaneously, and even 1 is looted, another one takes it place quite fast. Chests are available everywhere outside the main island: on the smaller islands, on the mountains, under the water.

Second: We'll consider adding some kind of exchange, but would prefer to keep fragments unique to a specific glider, mount pet.

yes, I know they spawn all over. I have a ridiculously fun time diving from the tops of those super tall rock piles, down to the bottom of the water to grab the chests at a shipwreck. Makes my head spin a little, but its always a good time. If the respawn is set for minutes, though, I'm not entirely sure it is working as intended. On more than a few occasions in the past 9 months, I have taken full passes around the island. It takes roughly 1h 15m -1h 30m if you're focused and not chatting too too much. If the chests are respawning within a minute, by the time I complete a full circuit, there should be *something* respawned at my starting point, but there has never been more than maybe a couple or 5 where there are usually 20+. And this takes into account 3 different starting points I favor. It happens with all 3.

I understand wanting unique fragments per item. I kinda did too which is why I waited so long to say something because I really wanted it to work that way. But asking people to spend more than a year before getting any reward other than bound bound items and vendor trash is imho unreasonable. I would tell anyone thinking to do it not to waste their time. They're far better off doing open world chests where there isn't a 25-per day limit, the vendor trash can actually net some gold, there are 100g and perdita decor packs to be found, and you can make 4-5 chrome sub designs for the same 4300 chests that I've opened in wonderland for 0 payout.
*plinks 2 coppers in the pot and exits*

For what its worth, the huge fragment requirement and quantity of fragments available is the exact reason i've not bothered doing the wonderland event even once. The math just didn't add up.

In a game where theres already so many things needing to be done daily, spending what would amount to a massive amount of time with basically no chance of a reward is just silly. Then theres a good chance that even if by some miracle i were to finish a set for a reward, its likely to be something i already have.

Shrinking down the drop pool into mount/pet/vehicle/glider tickets and making the reward selectable will still require a significant time investment to receive a reward, but it will actually feel achievable.

As someone who has only done it for 4 months straight I'm averaging around 18 fragments per reward item. This would be over 3,000 crates.

There is something wrong here in this zone, it was rocky on launch but was bearable after the update but there are still problems.
  • The boss was fun when people went to it, but eventually was not worth the time and effort invested. I've gone to a bunch of abode spawns this week and no one is ever there and my boat immediately blows up. It's already dead content, even for potato players. I don't know how to fix this.

• Getting archeum motes is an embarrassing reward whenever I get it. I feel like my time was completely wasted, some days it could be 14 out of my 25 keys being motes. I forgot motes even existed before I started doing these chests daily. This needs to at LEAST change to dust in whatever quantity.

• Doing 25 keys daily is a lot of time you need to invest, you feel FORCED to use them the same day to get the coin reward to keep up the master book. I know you can keep the keys and use them on another day, but you still need to have your book to even use the keys. i.e you can save up 750 keys to use whenever you're free and feel like it, but you would miss out on 30 coins total from forgoing the quest. You would lose out on buying 2 books in this situation.

• The three dailies feel great; mining, fishing, beer pack delivery. They all have different methods to making them faster and more efficient if you know where to look and experiment.

• The rewards with coins are great but I would love to see discontinued items from previous patch gifts or even titles and furniture that are unavailable through normal means. I.E. the ipnysh relic, the monster figurines, the glass animal figurines from diamond shores. etc.
tl;dr I think either exchanging fragments for a specific reward or having a generalized fragment system would be better for the zone. Motes should be upgraded to dust. The boss either needs more rewards or needs to have damage and health values nerfed again to get people to go.

Extra suggestion, might be a dumb idea: Maybe a daily quest can be added to use the racetrack when the event isn't running? It could have a certain time limit (not that restricting but still have to be quick! Think the rookborne skateboard quest) It could get more people to learn the track and the racing contests could see a larger number of contestants.

Can we get a portal on Pet Island to get back to the center more easily after finishing the quest?

Noticed the new Wingled Love Paddleboat Fragments don't stack with the old ones. :)
Same with Lonely Dinghy Fragments!
image_2023-08-30_190932034.png

Last edited:
Back