What's new

Newbie questions.

Cafeine

Hey, first of all it's great to see lively community on AA private server!

All my experience with AA is limited to lv50 content, most of my time spent ingame was durning alpha and beta tests. My question is about gearing up. Server is giving some free stuff at level 52 I think, plus I've no idea how easy/hard it is to get gear later. As I mostly played healers I always had to use different sets for leveling. I think we got maces later from quests, making leveling with battlerage+vit doable. So my question is, for my QoL should I start healing business at 52 with free gear or right from the start with battlerage?

Welcome Cafeine \o/

The free gear that you get from support pack (Celestial Obsidian armor set and weapons) is enough for healing at dungeons and world events. You can start from there and work your way up. Gearing time depends on your play time honestly. When you settle up, you can start making gold and buy/craft the gear you need and/or earn them from dungeons/world events.

You can get your first experience as a healer with the set you get from support pack yes. For example, a revive class like soothsayer or a crowd-control one like hierophant are useful for support healers, even though you might not yet have as much healing power as others for the healing part.

Some say we lack (good) healers on the West continent, so you'd be very welcome! If you want some tips on healing feel free to pm me in-game or here on forum.

Thanks for replies guys. I'll stick to battle/aura/vit for leveling and maybe get witchcraft after 50. This is what I usially played back then. My only concern is getting better gear with healer. It used to be a pain without grinding double for two sets (one for farming spec, one for healer) or have a guild help you.

Edit:While I'm at it, how are songcraft and/or witchcraft based supports nowadays?

Last edited:
It used to be a pain without grinding double for two sets (one for farming spec, one for healer) or have a guild help you.

Interesting, I always farmed with the same gear, but also I didn't use battlerage, just holy bolt ;p was slow at first but hey now I got 230k larceny and there's ancestral purses \o/

With ancestral skills songcraft and witchcraft are great supports, with things such as [Stone Alarm Call], [Stone Healing Hymn], and [Mist Bubble Trap], [Mist Wailing Banshee], for the cc/debuff part. Though [Stone Healing Hymn] would be mostly used by mages (eg spellsinger), seeing as the regular is also good for heals.

I always farmed with the same gear, but also I didn't use battlerage, just holy bolt ;p was slow at first
First we had healing from int so it was fine, then they changed it to other stat without adding clubs from quests for a long time, it was a pain. I have no idea about ancestral stuff, gonna look it up.

First we had healing from int so it was fine, then they changed it to other stat without adding clubs from quests for a long time, it was a pain.

Oh yes I heard about that, I only started way after that change. There should be plenty of clubs going around nowadays ^-^ if you apply for a support pack as a new player, you get free gear of your choice, including a club.

Back