What's new

Next steps for noobs?

Vertos

Hello all! I didn't know where else to put this post, so I hope it is fine here in the guide section. My girlfriend and I started playing this server over the weekend. We are almost 55, and wondering what the next steps are after hitting the level cap. The last time I played AA was back at the tail end of '14 on live , so I don't remember much beyond really enjoying the PvP. I'd like to bring in some more people to play with if this game ends up being a good fit for us.

So, where is the best place for fresh 55s to grab gear? I remember grinding Hasla tokens and farming a bit of Black Library back in the day. Is that still the way without buying crafted gear?

Are there any crafting professions we should stay away from? Is pretty much everything able to make gold or be used in some fashion?

What's the best talent calculator to use for this server? I've found a few that are almost accurate to this server's version, and they're good enough. However, an accurate calculator would be nice to play around with.

Are there any noob traps that could be avoided with a little bit of game knowledge? (skillset combos, gear choices, etc.,) Right now our classes are Nightcloak(Occ/Aura/Witch) and Spellsinger(Sorc/Song/Shadow).

Thanks!

The last time I played AA was back at the tail end of '14 on live
They are currently running an event to give away gear to transferring players.
https://na.archerage.to/forums/inde...erring-and-keep-staying-with-us-players.5991/

Are there any crafting professions we should stay away from? Is pretty much everything able to make gold or be used in some fashion?
I can't think of any professions that don't generate gold, some of the most profitable would be gear crafting (armor/weapon), but that consists of a huge investment, or a family size group of people investing in different proficiencies to gather the materials necessary. I'd say the most reliable would be trade packs (commerce) in safe zones.

What's the best talent calculator to use for this server? I've found a few that are almost accurate to this server's version, and they're good enough. However, an accurate calculator would be nice to play around with.
This should be accurate http://archeagedatabase.net/en/calc/

Are there any noob traps that could be avoided with a little bit of game knowledge? (skillset combos, gear choices, etc.,) Right now our classes are Nightcloak(Occ/Aura/Witch) and Spellsinger(Sorc/Song/Shadow).
I think it's a good idea to try out any class you might think would be fun early game because it shouldn't matter much, but these are my recommended classes to all players:
unknown-2-1.png

(Also Leather>Plate)

Back