What's new

Once you go dwarf you'll never go back

Not really takes like 2 days to hit 55... that is playing casually, I'm sure you can pound it out in 1 day going hardcore

Here's hoping that 2.9 stays in play for awhile.

I totally agree! Patch 3.0 introduced some wonderful things, like the new races and zones (and the birth of my favorite class, the Shadowbane) but the rest of the changes were devastating, especially to farming and crafting.

It's a real conundrum for me. I love the dwarf race. I love the new zones and skills. But all the other changes really hurt my game play.

I totally agree! Patch 3.0 introduced some wonderful things, like the new races and zones (and the birth of my favorite class, the Shadowbane) but the rest of the changes were devastating, especially to farming and crafting.

It's a real conundrum for me. I love the dwarf race. I love the new zones and skills. But all the other changes really hurt my game play.

Oh wow i had no idea, played on release for a few months and then came back like a couple of months before 3.5.. In that case i guess i can live without dwarfs :)

Oh wow i had no idea, played on release for a few months and then came back like a couple of months before 3.5.. In that case i guess i can live without dwarfs :)

If you'd like to see what changes the 3.0 patch made, these are the patch notes: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?301401-Revelation-3.0-Update-Notes-Table-of-Contents
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?301401-Revelation-3.0-Update-Notes-Table-of-Contents
The worst changes (from my point of view) were made to the vocation system. You can't buy high level seeds (like ginseng) for silver anymore. Now they cost vocation points, which are limited and are only earned through daily quests. It meant a lot of farmers simply stopped growing these items (or they were forced to have multiple Alt accounts to earn enough vocation).

But if ArcheRage really are determined to upgrade the game to 3.0, then I can probably live with it. It messed up a lot of things for me, but I was still able to play. There were enough good changes (like dwarves :D) to balance out the bad.

But the real nail in the coffin was patch 3.5. This patch is the spawn of Satan! :mad:

It was this patch that finally killed the game for me. The changes to the Trading system alone were catastrophic! The trading system is the heart and soul of the game. By changing it, they caused a cascade effect that harmed every aspect of the game.

So I really,really hope ArcheRage NEVER EVER implements patch 3.5!

If you'd like to see what changes the 3.0 patch made, these are the patch notes: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?301401-Revelation-3.0-Update-Notes-Table-of-Contents
The worst changes (from my point of view) were made to the vocation system. You can't buy high level seeds (like ginseng) for silver anymore. Now they cost vocation points, which are limited and are only earned through daily quests. It meant a lot of farmers simply stopped growing these items (or they were forced to have multiple Alt accounts to earn enough vocation).

But if ArcheRage really are determined to upgrade the game to 3.0, then I can probably live with it. It messed up a lot of things for me, but I was still able to play. There were enough good changes (like dwarves :D) to balance out the bad.

But the real nail in the coffin was patch 3.5. This patch is the spawn of Satan! :mad:

It was this patch that finally killed the game for me. The changes to the Trading system alone were catastrophic! The trading system is the heart and soul of the game. By changing it, they caused a cascade effect that harmed every aspect of the game.

So I really,really hope ArcheRage NEVER EVER implements patch 3.5!

I agree, 3.5 was the worst thing that ever happened to ArcheAge, the new skills were cool but unbalanced, and it completely broke the economy. Only good thing about it was that wild harvesting didn't cost any labor to place :p

I agree, 3.5 was the worst thing that ever happened to ArcheAge, the new skills were cool but unbalanced, and it completely broke the economy. Only good thing about it was that wild harvesting didn't cost any labor to place :p

Ha! We think alike!

I completely agree, 'wild' farming was the only good change 3.5 made.

Back