What's new

P2W

Berlock

I'm a new player in terms of AA and/or AR. I know the stone wall of AA came when particular game progressing items were only available in the cash shop. Does AG have the same problem or cash shop only eases progression? Thank you in advance.

Yes there is rng boxes like on retail, yes people donate to the server to get credits to sell on AH.

However, seeing as there's a lot of labor for everyone, it generally is easy to earn gold, and therefore it helps that the rng boxes/credits increase the availability of certain items (like lucky moonpoints, snowflakes, lunarite) which then results in a price drop in AH.

In the end, it helps progression, if people are patient enough to save gold instead of buying things when it's more expensive.

Some items are locked behind a paywall, yes. There are farms that have a seperated tax pool and are only obtainable from the cash shop. However, almost nothing in the cash shop costs more than 1000 credits (5$/€).
Credits however aren't bound and can be purchased from other players (1500g/1000credits) which really isn't too much.
The only thing that is absolutely exclusive to people that donate, is that they get additonal 5 loyality a day if they donated within the last 30 days.

I know of 2 people in the top 10 that are f2p. So yes you can come far without paying. But obviously, you'll sarcrifice a lot of time to achieve this. Swiping is quick money but just like on live, if you dump it all immediately and invest nothing, you'll be poor pretty quic again. So if you swipe, be smart about it.
Some people pop up in top 100 with <100 hostile faction kills so I assume if you really wanted to swipe a ton, you'd get pretty far very quickly.

Back